Hey Look At Me- I'm A Sensational PvP Bug, Fix Me

Ryvirath

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another game breaking bolster bug.

bioware...... you are not allowed to say you have QA team again!! they clearly don't exists or they are a bunch of 6 year olds

oh and yea fire the guy that re designed bolster

Obviously this is a a major problem. At the same time, I cant help but notice how whenever threads like this are posted its done on the weekend when no dev response is possible, and then filled with assertions that developer silence proves apathy or approval. Its a through and through political trick and makes me question how much many actually want a fix versus simply having something to bash the game and developers over.

I decided to test this out myself last night.

So, I put in 2x purple 54 implants that I crafted + 1 purple ear piece that my guild mate crafted, and my expertise dropped in a WZ, as did my main stat, bonus healing, bonus damage, etc. it appeared to scale downward appropriately for the gear that I replaced my conqueror gear with.

I entered the WZ with these equipped, and did not change them at any point until the match was over.

That said, I actually saw a decrease in performance (dropping from 1550 HPS in Conq gear, to 1225 HPS in 54-purple gear). I completely acknowledge that I played 2 separate maps, against different opponents, with only 5 of the same team mates between game 1 & 2.

I did not use any body pieces, nor did I change my MH / OH to these unmoddable 54-purples.

What am I missing?

Edited by adiwantinova

My only problem with you pics is that your showing us your Force stats in one pic and the Melee stats in the other, thus not showing a proper comparison. Please show us the same ones so we can actually compare them.

My only problem with you pics is that your showing us your Force stats in one pic and the Melee stats in the other, thus not showing a proper comparison. Please show us the same ones so we can actually compare them.

He's wearing the same PvE gear in both pics.

You need to get your eyes checked.

Edited by ParagonAX

you can compare this if you want...

My stats with full Conq and one Powercrystal http://i.imgur.com/3YMBwJ8.jpg

and my stats with PvE-Gear http://i.imgur.com/saDGyHt.jpg

*note: this is an older image atm i have about 1398 Bonusdmg, 1069 Bonusheal, 25% Crit and 75% Surge at the fleet i have about 500 Expertise, working as intendet. right?...

Bolster is ridiculous...

THANK YOU BIOWARE FOR MAKING PVP-GEAR WORTHLESS! :mad:

BioWare said Bolster would make PvP require skill. Little did we know, they actually meant skill in searching the internet to find best way to exploit Bolster.

I wish they would acknowledge this and find a way to make PvP gear better than PvE gear for PVP.

Yep, it's pretty much "Exploit Wars" ever since bolster went live. Current BiS weapon for Shadows/Assasins is an crappy electrostaff! :rolleyes: Great fun these days.....

I work for a software company as well so I understand that there is no software without bugs, but the whole bolster thing is beyond ridicolous....BW, if you can't get this right just remove bolster for the time being and make sure it works as intended before you release it again.

It get's to a point where these guys at BW just look like a big joke...

Introducing that new Bolster System was one of the biggest fails. The old bolster system with recruit gear worked pretty well. Never change a running system!