Mandalorians and Sith

Mandorain

Not sure why they did the first time, but i know that the previous mandalore was actually a sith empire puppet, in order to bring all the mandalorian clans together to support the sith empire, then after he was killed by the current mandalore, he decided that they would stay allied with the sith empire, for now at least.

The first time Ulic-Qel Droma killed Mandalore and earned his command over the Mandalorians.

The second time, the Sith had tricked the Mandalorians into the Mandalorian War.

This time the Sith are the very reason the Mandalorians are gathered as a clan.

The first time Ulic-Qel Droma killed Mandalore and earned his command over the Mandalorians.

The second time, the Sith had tricked the Mandalorians into the Mandalorian War.

This time the Sith are the very reason the Mandalorians are gathered as a clan.

Theres also the clone wars too. the clones being of mando descent.

I think it's really just the sith being the great manipulators of the galaxy. It's usually not an alliance of sorts. in fact I do believe the Mandos fought on the side of the republic for a time during the new sith wars.

Truth be told I wasn't happy about the game having the Mandalorians ally with the Sith again. After Kotor 2 I was kind of looking forward to seeing them finally come to the aide of the Republic against the Sith. But I guess they wanted everything to be as familiar and unchanging as possible for players in TOR.

Well there are some Mandalorians who support the republic during this time period. And I do believe that the Mandalorians fought the sith during the New sith wars so they don't always side with the sith.

Well Mandalorians are always seeking a challenge and what greater challenge is there than to defeat the legendary knights of the Jedi Order. The jedi have not been defeated until the Clone Wars. Even then the order comes back in the form of Luke Skywalker.

Oh, and to answer the op's question, I think it is because when they saw an oportunity to fight they took it because mandalorians are born warriors. It is their way of life so when they get to fight i am sure they won't hesitate to take it.

Mostly because the Sith have goals that in the long run interest the Mandalorians.

They pay well, their enemies are usually powerful, and their wars are usually just what the Mandalorians need gain great stories of battle and valor. Seeing as the Jedi are more of a Defense and Prevention group, they are the exact opposite and why your rarely if ever see Mandalorians working with them.

Edited by CassusVerda

Mostly because the Sith have goals that in the long run interest the Mandalorians.

They pay well, their enemies are usually powerful, and their wars are usually just what the Mandalorians need gain great stories of battle and valor. Seeing as the Jedi are more of a Defense and Prevention group, they are the exact opposite and why your rarely if ever see Mandalorians working with them.

In fact I think The Clone Wars is about the ONLY time you see the Mandalorians in the employ of the Jedi, where they were training sergeants for the Clone Army and mercenaries for the Republic.

There was also the time during the New Sith Wars. And at some point in time the Mandalorians helped the New Republic During the Yuuzhon Vong War.

Mandalorians are always seeking a challenge; turns out the Jedi are considered more of a challenge than the Sith.

It's like Mandalore the Vindicated said "we'd best return to winning the Sith's wars for them", or something like that. I would have preferred then to be a third, independent faction. The smugglers as well.

But they do side with the Republic as well. They sided with the Republic during Kotor II, the New Sith Wars, the Galactic Civil War, the Yuuzhan Vong War, and the Sith-Imperial War.

My guess is they'll eventually switch sides. After all, letting the Sith Emperor consume all life in the galaxy isn't exactly in their best interest.