One planet is not an expansion

Darth-Rammstein

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, I saw that before. Thats what my comment about the galaxy map was all about. Some are focusing on the actual size of the planet....when it's the number of quests IMO that would determine a larger planet. :)

I think the larger ones we have now are 4 level range planets? I might be mistaken as Im not at home ATM...but I dont recall any 5's.

So IIRC, by virtue of this being a 5...wouldn't that make it "larger"?

I would almost accept this argument about "size" if it weren't for the fact that she at no time says she is referring specifically to its geographic area, in fact her comment goes on to mention quests, datacrons etc, leading us to surmise that she is in fact talking about the general ie length of the planet as opposed to geometric composition.

Oh yeah, I saw that before. Thats what my comment about the galaxy map was all about. Some are focusing on the actual size of the planet....when it's the number of quests IMO that would determine a larger planet. :)

I think the larger ones we have now are 4 level range planets? I might be mistaken as Im not at home ATM...but I dont recall any 5's.

So IIRC, by virtue of this being a 5...wouldn't that make it "larger"?

Don't forget the repeatable missions series too. So in actual fact , without doing the heroics or those repeatable missions you might only level up 3 levels. Doesn't bother me as I have a few characters that haven't done any corellia side quests plus some bonus series here and there.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Don't forget the repeatable missions series too. So in actual fact , without doing the heroics or those repeatable missions you might only level up 3 levels. Doesn't bother me as I have a few characters that haven't done any corellia side quests plus some bonus series here and there.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I agree here if you've already completed your quests up to Corellia then the daily missions are what pushes you to the 5 levels. You could also do the other dailies, no doubt comms will still be required.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I don't understand why everyone is assuming there will actually be five levels worth of content just because they raise the level cap by five. For all we know there could only be 3 levels worth on the planet, or maybe they ramp up the exp per mission so that you gain five levels but only do 3 hours worth of gameplay.

"So in actual fact," when my OP hit 50 I hadn't even STARTED Corellia yet... Some planets are 2 levels (Quesh) some levels are 5, 6, 7. They say it's the size of their larger planet, so I'm expecting that it's probably the size of Hoth or Belsavis. There's no reason to assume that it's more than the minimum of what they say.

I don't understand why everyone is assuming there will actually be five levels worth of content just because they raise the level cap by five. For all we know there could only be 3 levels worth on the planet, or maybe they ramp up the exp per mission so that you gain five levels but only do 3 hours worth of gameplay.

"So in actual fact," when my OP hit 50 I hadn't even STARTED Corellia yet... Some planets are 2 levels (Quesh) some levels are 5, 6, 7. They say it's the size of their larger planet, so I'm expecting that it's probably the size of Hoth or Belsavis. There's no reason to assume that it's more than the minimum of what they say.

I fully expect them to judge leveling via 1-55, so in that sense illum is aparently coming back, they expect people todo flashpoints through the game, they will want people todo section x and the black hole on the way up so who knows and they love the xp buff packs, cartel keching.

Edited by Shingara

I fully expect them to judge leveling via 1-55, so in that sense illum is aparently coming back, they expect people todo flashpoints through the game, they will want people todo section x and the black hole on the way up so who knows and they love the xp buff packs, cartel keching.

Ilum "Is" coming back. They said they wanted to have it "revamped" in time for the first anniversary. Doubt that's on the line still, but it "should" be coming back soon. Who knows if it will be fun, especially since it was hailed as the "most revolutionary amazing open world PVP ever."

The size of Hoth or Belsavis sounds resonable yeah.I also like the fact we are getting ( by the looks of it ) small expansions as I wouldn't want to wait another 10 months for say 3 planets worth. Having said that a shiny new boxed $30-$40 expansions would be nice.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

reading threw this is a laugh.... not really any details released... no one has any facts.... and comparing this to WoW and other MMOs and their "expansions" Trolling hard core maybe? I think the people that compare SWtor to WoW needs to have their panda's choked with the force and they can go suck on a Mt. Dew. Please get the facts of what will be released for this one small price of 9.99..... O.o

:rolleyes:

When faced with an unknown it is common place to look toward what is known to attempt to draw some conclusion. This is human nature. For some WoW is a point of comparison. I don't think anyone in this thread (myself included) that used WoW as an example of something ever said in this thread that SWTOR needs to be like WoW. I know I offered comparing to WoW for the purpose of scope and size and "definition" of an expantion as a reference point. Your knee jerk judgement is ill informed in this case. I am sure that you have yourself, when explaining something to another person, used "common examples" to get across a "new", "complex" or "unknown" concept. That is all that was and is being done in this thread. The pejorative ad hominem attacks are also not appriciated. :rolleyes:

Edited by Urael

To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas – sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start – as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!

Sold.Just because you posted in this hornets nest.

I know some people hate to admit they're wrong, but you're taking this to a whole new level man.

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

by Blizzard Entertainment

Platform: Windows Vista / 7 / XP, Mac | Rated: Teen

3.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (139 customer reviews) | Like (284)

List Price: $39.99

Price: $19.99

You Save: $20.00 (50%)

In Stock.

No, when I clicked it the price was showing as $39.96, the price has now updated. Stop being such an ***.

You're still comparing the SALE price with the FULL UNSUBBED priced of an as yet unreleased expansion.

By the way, as confirmed but Blizzard THEMSELVES, MoP does NOT come with game time. So are you going to apologize for lying to us?

Edited by DaRoamer

Good to hear thanks.

To everyone that played WoW, think of Makeb like "Northrend" or "Pandaria". If there is as much to do on Makeb as there was on those two continents in WoW, then this is definately an expansion (plus we have 5 levels). :cool:

This is totally falsehood...

None of the current planets in the game encompass the size of those areas.. in fact.. a better comparison is to compare say Tatooine to Nagrand. Those areas are of comparable size..

you forgot, wow: 1 new continent, multiple zones, new races, new crafting skills, new talent trees, new battle grounds, new raids, new dungeons, new starting zone. should i go on.

Hmmm and did you pay $10 for WoW expansion? I think it was a bit more.

This is totally falsehood...

None of the current planets in the game encompass the size of those areas.. in fact.. a better comparison is to compare say Tatooine to Nagrand. Those areas are of comparable size..

Nagrand is small as ****. Hell any of the wow zones are really, they just feel bigger because they're completely open, unlike in this game.

To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas – sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start – as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!

Considering all the current endgame content will essentially become obsolete that really doens't sound like a good thing to be honest.