FPS Decrease Since the patch?

-Sullster-

I've have been playing this game nearly non stop for 2 days now whilst waiting to move house. So it was pretty noticible that the game wasn't reacting as it had been. Seems there was some talk in General of others with FPS issues although the majority of players are still fine. I already have everything at the lowest settings and have been fine to now. Any advice or people with a similar problem?

So I guess since there are so few of us experiencing this BW won't give a hoot... Already had people in General telling me its my computers fault even though i've been playing the game since launch and it has been fine (although there was an fps mess up around 1.1 iirc...)

Well I have sent an ingame ticket and linked this posting to it. Doubt anything comes from it though. I wonder if I will get the generic email of please send your systems specs as its obviously your fault not ours..

Tried to play the game. I could cope with the fps in fights but when im in conversations now its completely messes things up. The aspect I like the most about this game is the story and my character moving like a robot and talking without moving his lips is too off putting. Sigh. Hope there are enough of us out there for them to look into it.

Edited by -Sullster-

I opened a new thread in technical support forum, but I just wanted to let you guys know that I am havin the same exact problem. Not playing with this ridiculously low framerate until they fix it. My resub date is near, so let's see if they earn my sub this month. If they don't fix this crap when my sub expires then I'm not renewing. I don't want to play at 15-20 fps ffs.

I am playing the game right now and see no fps drop from before patch. I just checked and I see no drop in fps.

Have you actually checked to see if any of your graphics settings in the game changed from the patch?? Sometimes a patch resets some parameters.

If you have fps drops and want to discuss it, you need to provide some info about your cpu, gpu, driver release,etc. How else are you going to have productive discussion about it and help find a common point of problem?

I am playing the game right now and see no fps drop from before patch. I just checked and I see no drop in fps.

Have you actually checked to see if any of your graphics settings in the game changed from the patch?? Sometimes a patch resets some parameters.

If you have fps drops and want to discuss it, you need to provide some info about your cpu, gpu, driver release,etc. How else are you going to have productive discussion about it and help find a common point of problem?

The first thing i did was check and altered my graphic settings multiple times. We are currently doing that in the tech forums now. with DXdiags clean reinstalls and the such. Nothing has worked yet. I can see where you are coming from but when there are quite a few of us having this problem its blatantly something patch related even if it only applies to a handful of people probably due to computer configurations but it IS a current problem.

Edited by -Sullster-

I can see where you are coming from but when there are quite a few of us having this problem its blatantly something patch related even if it only applies to a handful of people probably due to computer configurations but it IS a current problem.

Yeah, I am not saying it is not a problem. I believe you guys. I'm just saying that you can't get anywhere by just saying you have half frame rates post patch. :)

There are a bazillion different computer/bios/driver configurations out there, so I fully would expect to see some people having issue anytime they tweak anything related to the game graphics components or pieces.

It will be interesting to see what the common cause is this time around.

Yeah, I am not saying it is not a problem. I believe you guys. I'm just saying that you can't get anywhere by just saying you have half frame rates post patch. :)

There are a bazillion different computer/bios/driver configurations out there, so I fully would expect to see some people having issue anytime they tweak anything related to the game graphics components or pieces.

It will be interesting to see what the common cause is this time around.

I see. Apologies for the tone. Just a little irritated when people say they don't have any problems ;). Something like this occured for me around the 1.1 patch and then disappeared a few days later.

I too have been having terrible frame rates since the patch. Using a GeForce GTX 280 card with plenty of ram. It was running fine for months until this patch came alone. I hope they address this issue soon, or I'm going to cancel my subscription. Horrible playing experience at the moment.

It is indeed horrible. I have noticed that inside my FPS tends to rise indoors but it is still lower than it used to be when I was outside pre patch. A few people in General have been saying they have FPS increases with the new patch. So BW altered something somewhere and they know it... sort it out already!! You have gone from giving everyone a reasonable play experience to giving people FPS increases that they can't actually notice without a tracker and others wondering if the space/time continuum is affected as conversations look laughable. Edited by -Sullster-

When I see this happen, it is usually because the patch turned the "Bloom" setting on. That one has never worked well for me.

Otherwise, hopefully I will be one that see no difference.

I'm on an overclocked Radeon HD 5770. I'm having my FPS halved as well. I didn't think of this one. Thank you!

*Edit: Unfortunately, that didn't fix it. :(

**Edit 2: Uninstalling the Catalyst 12.8 drivers, using Driver Sweeper to remove all traces of them in Safe Mode, and then installing Catalyst 12.6 solved the problem entirely.

Edited by Syntherx