No male Jedi companion..

Issahir

Am I the only one noticing there's no male jedi companion in the game? ':D Neither vanilla nor in any expansion. :hope_06:

My main is a JK and I got back to the game after a while.. And I still don't have my saber companions back (I still really miss Kira and Scourge) and there is no lightsaber wielder for me to substitute them with if I play light side, right?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just mentally going through it, we have Gus as a failed Jedi. Scourge is a male Sith.... yeah. The overwhelming majority of Jedi companions are female with the entirety of the female pool being competent.

Huh.

Wonder why that is. Was it an oversight or did someone up top make executive decisions.

No male Jedi, no proper Sith...we need more male force using companions, preferably romanceable. Scourge needs to be romanceable. Vowrawn too. Ghost Marr, cause that would be awesome :) And I think Relnex would make a pretty nice Jedi to spend time with. Praven also. Edited by Lunafox

Just mentally going through it, we have Gus as a failed Jedi. Scourge is a male Sith.... yeah. The overwhelming majority of Jedi companions are female with the entirety of the female pool being competent.

Huh.

Wonder why that is. Was it an oversight or did someone up top make executive decisions.

*coughBWfavorsthestraightmaleplayercough*

Edited by Lunafox

No male Jedi, no proper Sith...we need more male force using companions, preferably romanceable. Scourge needs to be romanceable...

While I agree a proper force sensitive male romance option is needed, there is a good reason that Scourge is not romanceable:

The emperor granted him immortality in exchange for sucking all of his emotions and desires out of him to feed on them. There is even a dialogue where he explains in a well written paragraph how he still remembers fond things of his long past, but that he is unable to feel them again. Making him romanceable would make him far less interesting and actually break his character.

While I agree a proper force sensitive male romance option is needed, there is a good reason that Scourge is not romanceable:

The emperor granted him immortality in exchange for sucking all of his emotions and desires out of him to feed on them. There is even a dialogue where he explains in a well written paragraph how he still remembers fond things of his long past, but that he is unable to feel them again. Making him romanceable would make him far less interesting and actually break his character.

Not unless as part of Scourge's return it's explained that in his absence he had his immortality removed, or as part of his return you assist him in a ritual to have it removed. Although, I do think it would be odd for him to profess love for a person he only knew during his emotionless immortality.

As other's have mentioned, after Fallen Empire you can get Gus and Choza, and they're both pretty good comps (my Sage that recently started FE will likely take Gus as their padawan), but I do wish there was a romancable male Jedi comp. I'd love a character modeled (personality wise) after Qui Gon and Jolee Bindo. I'd love it if Lord Cytharat came back, too. My Sorcerer misses him.

Since there's no companions stories anymore why bother ?

Just add basic male jedi companions , with little personnality buyable in the Cartel Market and add a lot of design into the customization vendor and voila !

Or read the Complete Expansion Projet and you'll see that there would be a lot of possibilities. ;)

:p

... I still don't have my saber companions back (I still really miss Kira and Scourge) and there is no lightsaber wielder for me to substitute them with if I play light side, right?

You can, of course, get Kira (and Scourge?) through the terminal in your Odessen base. But yeah, there's no good "normal" (human) male Jedi companions.

Anything is possible within the realm of story telling. Cures are possible. The Emperor is dead, how could that have affected him? There are machines like the Mother machine on Belsavis (which I used in my fanfiction) to cure him. There are any number of relics or rituals that could be done.

I know all of Scourge's lore inside out from writing six years worth of fanfiction and I've read Revan several times. I've played the JK character just to be with Scourge probably more times, that some people have toons.

I don't think it would make him less interesting at all. I think it would only make him more so. Agree to disagree. :)

And hey, Guss eventually graduates! Although not exactly as a Jedi. Still, I was proud of him.

Anything is possible within the realm of story telling. Cures are possible. The Emperor is dead, how could that have affected him? There are machines like the Mother machine on Belsavis (which I used in my fanfiction) to cure him. There are any number of relics or rituals that could be done.

I know all of Scourge's lore inside out from writing six years worth of fanfiction and I've read Revan several times. I've played the JK character just to be with Scourge probably more times, that some people have toons.

I don't think it would make him less interesting at all. I think it would only make him more so. Agree to disagree. :)

Compared to Nathema miraculously spring to life after a millennia of being completely barren, Scourge getting emotions back is trivial.

Compared to Nathema miraculously spring to life after a millennia of being completely barren, Scourge getting emotions back is trivial.

Exactly. If I can suspend my disbelief for that, then surely Scourge can be cured and feel again, namely, love :D

Actually I didn't know Guss was a Jedi. I am currently finishing smuggler story as the last republic story. Now I'm looking forward to get to know him

And I didn't meet Choza yet and I'm not sure whether I like him or not of course, since I didn't get to know him yet. But I like to see he has fans, so he seems to be pretty likeable 😊

But also having these two options in mind I think the options are way more limited, than they should be for my opinion.

I always had those nice companions with me as I traveled and experienced the stories and I felt like I won't have an equal offer after kotfe or kotet.. But I think I'll have to stay open minded and thank you for your replies. Even though I'd still like to have another more humanoid force user options to have choices to switch between, I'm sure now, that I'll find some fitting companions for my jedi 👍

So thank you all and have a nice time

• Dev Post
I agree, this is a pretty odd oversight of the core game. I'm not sure when we'll add another romanceable companion (want to finish getting old story companions back before we add any new story ones) but I will keep this desire in mind when we get there ;)

I agree, this is a pretty odd oversight of the core game. I'm not sure when we'll add another romanceable companion (want to finish getting old story companions back before we add any new story ones) but I will keep this desire in mind when we get there ;)

Thanks, this is good to hear. :) Of course companion returns have to be priorities, but it would be great to see some male jedi companions beyond Guss and Choza. (Choza already has a special place in my heart as literally the only character to make any comment whatsoever on what happened to Felix Iresso before we finally get Iresso's return. Choza cares, so I care about Choza.)

I would just like to add that I really liked Tau from Ossus, so I hope we get to see more of her as a companion even though we already have plenty of female jedi. She's very different from the four lady padawans available as class companions, so I think a case can be made that she adds something special story-wise that hasn't been seen before.

Your post is as bad as the Infinity War: End Game trailer hints that literally tell us nothing!

Does your post imply that Lord Scourge, an old story companion, WILL NOT return as romanceable? Or might he return as romanceable for Jedi Knights only, similar to Jaesa for Warriors & Khem Val* for Inquisitors and later on we might get a romanceable-for-all male Jedi companion? Or are you not telling? :p

*(I still haven't recovered from the romance horror that is Khem Val :D )

Thank you, Charles :) It's nice to know that you've been reading and keeping up with our thoughts on this, and I hope you'll be able to follow through on those sexxxy male force using Sith and Jedi. :)

Edit: I'm also open to the possibility of new Force user romances, not just being subordinate characters like apprentices like all the male players get in the core game (Jaesa, Ashara, Kira, Nadia...) but also equals and also our superiors (like say, someone on the Dark Council or who is Emperor.)

Edited by Lunafox