Cosplay Kits: Satele Shan

CommunityTeam

Why not put a fresh coat of paint on the Titanic. There's no room on the lifeboats anyways.

I happen to know an indie comic creator, who's got a few titles he's created. He's got sales metrics of course, but the actual way he tracks how people love certain individual characters is by how much fan art is made about them.

The character kit page Bioware has seems really, really forced. Cosplayers are very passionate people, and they don't need to be prodded with a pitchfork to get to sewing. Seems like it's just fishing for professional cosplayers to take a crack at characters in failing games for some free publicity and the illusion of passionate gamers.

All the Mass Effect kits are from Andromeda. Huge failure of a game. 62 viewers on Twitch right now.

Anthem? As I type this, there are 22 people watching Anthem on Twitch. Nobody cares.

And as for SWTOR, you chose the two most bland looking characters in the Star Wars universe to kick this off with.

The kits weren't a bad idea, but the way this has rolled out clearly has an agenda which is at odds with reality. They should of started with Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect 1, KOTOR 1/2. If you really wanted SWTOR in the mix, throw in some alien characters or at least a visually interesting human like Malgus or Thana Vesh.

Here's some PR advice Bioware. Remind us why we used to love you, and then trick us with the candy trail with the ugly witch at the end. Don't put the ugly witch at the beginning, cause no amount of candy makes me want to deal with her.

Why not put a fresh coat of paint on the Titanic. There's no room on the lifeboats anyways.

I happen to know an indie comic creator, who's got a few titles he's created. He's got sales metrics of course, but the actual way he tracks how people love certain individual characters is by how much fan art is made about them.

The character kit page Bioware has seems really, really forced. Cosplayers are very passionate people, and they don't need to be prodded with a pitchfork to get to sewing. Seems like it's just fishing for professional cosplayers to take a crack at characters in failing games for some free publicity and the illusion of passionate gamers.

All the Mass Effect kits are from Andromeda. Huge failure of a game. 62 viewers on Twitch right now.

Anthem? As I type this, there are 22 people watching Anthem on Twitch. Nobody cares.

And as for SWTOR, you chose the two most bland looking characters in the Star Wars universe to kick this off with.

The kits weren't a bad idea, but the way this has rolled out clearly has an agenda which is at odds with reality. They should of started with Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect 1, KOTOR 1/2. If you really wanted SWTOR in the mix, throw in some alien characters or at least a visually interesting human like Malgus or Thana Vesh.

Here's some PR advice Bioware. Remind us why we used to love you, and then trick us with the candy trail with the ugly witch at the end. Don't put the ugly witch at the beginning, cause no amount of candy makes me want to deal with her.

Lul right. Obviously there's someone else that wants this out cuz they think it's a great idea. But no this does nothing in the end.

All I see here is wasted time spent on somthing that could've been put to better use trying to get update 7.0 buttoned up or at least on time

When McDonald's hires a contractor to make new signs for the drive through, oddly, that doesn't help make the burgers better, and suggesting that the contractors make burgers instead of signs, doesn't help either.

The cosplay kits are no doubt designed and made in some sweatshop in China, with no connection to BW's programming. 😂

But, I agree, it would be nice if those designers worked on nicer outfits for inside the game, instead of more Mandalorian crap.

Edited by JediQuaker

I find their first picks a little odd. I've seen a couple decent Lana and Satele cosplayers, but there seems to be a lot more interest in Revan and Malgus. I would have thought, given that Malgus is the focus for the whole year, they would have started with him. Missed opportunity for synergy.

I find their first picks a little odd. I've seen a couple decent Lana and Satele cosplayers, but there seems to be a lot more interest in Revan and Malgus. I would have thought, given that Malgus is the focus for the whole year, they would have started with him. Missed opportunity for synergy.

As much as the game has tried to milk Revan nostalgia for all it was worth, he seems like an obvious choice for this thing.

He's more colorful and has a more interesting outfit as well.

But they went with back-to-back female outfits.

Something tells me that, yeah, there is some agenda at play here.

1 - Get some attractive female cosplayers to make/wear these.

2 - Get males to look at them.

3 -- Get those same males to subscribe to the game.

4 - Profit!

I just don't think that 2 leads to 3, though,

Heck, I don't think that posting this even leads to 1.

The whole thing just seems a waste of time to me.