Update on the Legacy of the Sith

KeithKanneg

Sad to have to say this before your Xmas Ludovico but despite all your goodwill wishes above you will be disappointed in February.

Presuming you meant no sarcasm in the very specific statements you made they however very specifically chimed with an awful lot of the justified cynicism that has been voiced over the years, despite changes in management.

Merry Christmas to you Ludo but I don't think even Santa can fix this one.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please change the 'false' message in the launcher slides :)

I noticed this as well. Odd thing is, it was updated not long after the announcement, now it has reverted to the teaser announcing the update going live on the 14th.

Glad they postponed it. I didn't sub just for this, and as a side note, I just came back to the game after an eight year hiatus, near the end of this past July, to be specific.

Not only did I have a boatload of catching up to do, seems it was just in time to experience some major changes to how I play my characters. They could have handled this better, but I am not unhappy to see this delayed.

Sad to have to say this before your Xmas Ludovico but despite all your goodwill wishes above you will be disappointed in February.

Presuming you meant no sarcasm in the very specific statements you made they however very specifically chimed with an awful lot of the justified cynicism that has been voiced over the years, despite changes in management.

Merry Christmas to you Ludo but I don't think even Santa can fix this one.

I appreciate your well wishes. I was being genuine, no sarcasm intended. I hope I'm not disappointed, but we will see. It will really come down to what we see in February. Another delay means they aren't looking at their time management and process very well. A launch in February, but unpolished means the same plus a willingness to forgo quality. Both of these will disappoint me. We'll see come February.

No matter what, I also wish you a great holdiay season and much joy and laughter for the year to come.

Scamming people by saying subscribe at x date to have expansion. The only real concern is selling those subscriptions. If you can`t make it then do not give any exact date until you think you can make it. Maybe it is not too much for you to pay 15 $ but it almost equals to 110 units of money in my country. Such a disappointment.

I appreciate your well wishes. I was being genuine, no sarcasm intended. I hope I'm not disappointed, but we will see. It will really come down to what we see in February. Another delay means they aren't looking at their time management and process very well. A launch in February, but unpolished means the same plus a willingness to forgo quality. Both of these will disappoint me. We'll see come February.

No matter what, I also wish you a great holdiay season and much joy and laughter for the year to come.

I am currently struggling to get latest PTS up on my main machine thanks to awful connection speeds and throttling by the ISP. Whilst doing so I have been catching up on the PTS threads as they're being updated by those players who are trying the latest PTS release. I have to say with all the faults being found in the UI, the game balancing, the rewards, the attribution of abilities as you level, the scaling as you try to play the game under/over levelled for any particular content and so much more, I cannot understand how anyone sane with a thought of consideration for your players would have thought this update was ready for release months ago, let alone a week before promised.

All the fixes, especially the game mechanics of balancing and scaling, will take well beyond Feb 15 EVEN IF they were to crunch from now to then with NO holiday break.

There is still so much conjecture about what they intend for the playing experience from Level 1 onwards in 7.x and not a peep from the Project leads to properly explain their philosophy and thinking for this year of "celebration". It shows a huge amount of arrogance, hubris and indeed contempt for the fans and players. This is/was a AAA title so the people staffing it can't be amateurs, we would hope they are well-paid accomplished and expert creators but the handling of this effort has been strewn with so much fumbling and refusal to be publicly accountable and informative. This is beyond "no spoilers" trying to preserve the big tadaaa on a game revolution, this is wilful misinformation and lack of meaningful engagement. This may have been compounded by Disney/studio heads demanding too much and silencing the voices of reason and the development team being placed in a bad situation but the upshot of all this politicking and collective corporate ineptitude is a huge flan on their faces and a problem that will continue to haunt them way beyond Feb 15 (I won't say launch because whatever comes down the slipway on whatever day will be a ship missing so many fittings and components that it will be undergoing "sea trials" for most of next year (if not longer), even before you consider all the extra goodies they were promising beyond 7.0

I say all this not as a troll but as a statement of reality, I want the game to survive and thrive because I LOVE SW but they sure aren't doing anything to give me faith.

Hey everyone,

I just made an announcement concerning the launch of our Legacy of the Sith expansion, and I encourage you to read the blog post.

We know you will have some questions in response to the blog, so feel free to ask them here and we'll be addressing them in an FAQ later today which we will continue update as you have more questions.

Be mindful of our forum guidelines as we want to ensure we can quickly answer your concerns and keep more information flowing your way.

---Keith---

i have also a new question that i think is good to know all.

with the delay of 7.0 expension to 15 February 2022 and not release it on 14 December 2021 what will then happing with the release from the future expensions then?

since we have always have the new expensions release in december each year is that then also going to chance now?

Looks like I re-subbed too soon. There's nothing to do in this game. 6.X is the worst state this game has ever been in. The entire end game is Toborro's Courtyard SM and Hammer Station SM. PVP is good. Everything else is bad.

It is what it is. If the expansion isn't done, you can't release it. Can you guys please stop doing big releases right before you guys go off on Christmas holidays for an entire month? How about releasing 8.0 during the nice Summer months?

For starters. Thank God!! I am so glad to hear I have more time. Too much to do and not enough time. So much about this expansion up to now has spoken to the DEVs "vision" rather than what the actual players, those of us paying to play, actually want. Please break the MMO mold and 1) actually listen and give feedback to your player base, and 2) don't be so closed-lipped on what's happening, details, information, should be open and fully transparent. We the customer base deserve no less.

Now, this post makes no sense. I have 18 characters and far too much to do. I don't know how you play but you do not seem to have much imagination and drive because there is plenty to do in this game with content as it stands!

Will the expansion be "Free" for those who were subscribed for the 14th of December, even if they are not subscribed when the expansion actually drops?

Just keeping this one front of mind. A lot of us are in this position. We resubbed specifically to prepare for, and receive, Legacy of the Sith.

Can you at least confirm this is on your radar? Appreciate there are commercial (and possibly legal) hoops to go through but please could you acknowledge the question.

Thanks and good luck with the release and your break.

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

The Q&A post has been updated to include information about sales we will be running beginning December 20! All the details have been added in the linked post.

How is this living document doing - is it breathing on its own or on life support?!

Another term for it evergreen document. Essentially, it means that the document will be updated accordingly and over time.

I'd be shocked if he updates the post once.

I completely understand that you may not have watched any of the recent livestreams or read any posts that reference me, but just as a intro/refresher, I'm a woman and go by she/her. :)

Any chance the decoration sale will include some of the normally pack-exclusive decorations as direct sales? I remember this being done a few years back and that'd make that kind of sale a lot more spicy for me. There are way too many decorations to make gambling for specific pack exclusives worth it, but I'd probably end up blowing a ton of CC on direct sale decorations if they were available.

Are any anniversary sales happening?

Yes! Here's the breakdown:

From December 20, 2021 to January 3, 2022

• Seasonal items will be available
  • 75% off all Collection Unlocks

From December 20, 2021 to December 27, 2021

• 50% off all Armor Sets
  • 50% off Character Slots

From December 27, 2021 to January 3, 2022

• 50% off all Mounts and Stronghold Decorations

Awesome, thanks Jackie! Especially on the collections unlock, really cool that it is 75% off!!

Any chance the decoration sale will include some of the normally pack-exclusive decorations as direct sales? I remember this being done a few years back and that'd make that kind of sale a lot more spicy for me. There are way too many decorations to make gambling for specific pack exclusives worth it, but I'd probably end up blowing a ton of CC on direct sale decorations if they were available.

they would like to. however, they discovered that some decos are (basically) perma stuck to a pack. And they've had issues of separating them. After the last batch they said they would continue work and possibly add them as single decos later. But I wouldn't expect anything more than we have now. I'm sure most of their time has been put in 7.0

Are any anniversary sales happening?

Yes! Here's the breakdown:

• 50% off all Armor Sets

EDIT: Added sales info

Fantastic! Thank you so much for making this happen, I was really worried we weren't going to get one this year!

Much love!

So sad to see EA/Bioware become Activision 2.0 when it comes to content releases.

it surely isn't a case of a global pandemic and most of the team working from home for almost two years... have some sympathy and understanding. Plus a broken expansion release is not what we want

• 50% off all Armor Sets

Seasonal items will be available? Like, the beach themed decos?

75% off all Collection unlocks. Yes! Sales. Sales. Sales. Spaaace Barbie!

Thanks for the update, Jackie Ko!

Edited by Nmyownworld

Seasonal items will be available? Like, the beach themed decos?

75% off all Collection unlocks. Yes! Sales. Sales. Sales. Spaaace Barbie!

Thanks for the update, Jackie Ko!

Echoing the question here! Meaning all seasonal items or just for the holiday season stuff? If everything could make a return to the CM during this period, that would actually be incredible!

Hi everyone,

The Q&A post has been updated to include information about sales we will be running beginning December 20! All the details have been added in the linked post.

Thanks Jackie, that’s wonderful news

I know this is a long shot, but any chance we could have a sale on server transfers for 90cc (like we’ve had in the past)??

Edited by TrixxieTriss

They could easily give a 1 day sub code for people who sub to game lets say a week or so before the delay announced. i know they have done 1 day sub extension for those affected by server and launcher issues in past

Just keeping this one front of mind. A lot of us are in this position. We resubbed specifically to prepare for, and receive, Legacy of the Sith.

Can you at least confirm this is on your radar? Appreciate there are commercial (and possibly legal) hoops to go through but please could you acknowledge the question.

Thanks and good luck with the release and your break.

Edited by TalLura
spelling

Echoing the question here! Meaning all seasonal items or just for the holiday season stuff? If everything could make a return to the CM during this period, that would actually be incredible!

I'd like to know the answer to this too. What about the Halloween themed decos like the Ancestral Graveyard? Apparently they haven't been in the cartel market in years, and I'd love to see them return.

They could easily give a 1 day sub code for people who sub to game lets say a week or so before the delay announced. i know they have done 1 day sub extension for those affected by server and launcher issues in past

You know that’s only 0.49 cents right? (based on $14.95 a month. Less for people who buy more than a month at a time)

The problem with Swtor since 4.0 is that they keep on trying to re-invent the game, and in doing this are always giving less content. Gamers want content not a revamp of the game systems.

6.0 we get Tactical a lot of new gears (most of which is useless) but an expansion which was smaller then 5.10.3 ie. The Dantonne Excursion (which in my book was the best update Swtor had since 3.0). TDE gave me really good hopes for Swtor future, but so far I was wrong.

7.0 again a huge revamp to gearing and again removal of Combat Proficiency to a new Skill Tree system (nerfing some classes is needed but still we do not know how this will end up). Also finally we will get dual spec, a much called feature especially when the game launched ten years ago, since other games had this. Many for example since Swtor is the top Alt-making in MMO-World never asked to be able to play a different class with a Merc. What was asked in the past (but reduced a lot in recent times) was to be able to change to the mirror class example; a Sorc changing to a Sin, a Guardian into a Sentinel, a PT to a Merc etc etc. That was asked a lot in the first years of the game. Though since the game is very alt friendly the call for this has been vastly reduced.

So my question is very simple, why is Swtor team always complicating the game, which what people really want is content. An operation every two year does not cut for a prime title, WoW had three, and Swtor had the same in a year in 2012, and again the same number in 2013. The class balancing has been nearly non existent in the last two years, and thankfully they told us before 6.0 launched that with Tactical and gear changes these will be easier to do. Yet in PvP we have for the past two years PTs who burst people down with three buttons, Operatives which are uncatchable, and Guardian Skank which do DD as the best class and are un-killable.