Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

FPS issue?

Jendrok
12.13.2011 , 06:25 PM | #1
During beta I was running this game at 20 fps everywhere. Now when the game comes out, I still run it at 20 fps, its just that when I go indoors my fps drops to ~1.1 fps. I know for a fact that something HAS to be wrong because during beta I ran this game almost flawlessly.

If this helps here are my system specs:

AMD Athlon(tm) II P320 Dual-Core Processor 2.1 ghz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series 1.4 gbs of vram
3 GBS DDR3 RAM

Any help would be appreciated.
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Stig View Post
On PvP server it should be allowed. Anakin slaughtered younglings. Youngling = noob.

bobmcbo
12.13.2011 , 06:28 PM | #2
I discovered during the beta, that toning the quality down to medium (discovered when high quality was glitching anyway) and when you turn shadows down/off. FPS went way up.
OMG! Imperial ships can get a .00008% power increase! Nerf the empire!

Jendrok
12.13.2011 , 06:29 PM | #3
I have everything on low, and I turned everything off.
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Stig View Post
On PvP server it should be allowed. Anakin slaughtered younglings. Youngling = noob.

Electrocutor
12.13.2011 , 06:32 PM | #4
On another thread, they said to set graphics to high and shut off shadows. Setting graphics to low or having shadows on seemed to significantly lower framerates for many people.
~ It is as it is.

bobmcbo
12.13.2011 , 06:33 PM | #5
then.. EXTREMELY PACKED SERVER!!!!!

if I remember correctly, theres an elevator in the imperial fleet with high FPS no matter what, and the cantina in kaas always has bad FPS
OMG! Imperial ships can get a .00008% power increase! Nerf the empire!

Hohei
12.13.2011 , 06:36 PM | #6
I have a AMD Phenom 9500 quad core at 2.20ghz, 8 gb of ram and an ATI hd radeon 5500 and I have to turn EVERYTHING to low, including turning shadows off entirely, to get a barely manageable 15 fps. Crowded areas? Forget it. PvP? Completely unplayable, chopping along at 3 FPS makes me a liability to my team.

For a game that was suppose to run on a variety of systems, it's doing a piss poor job of it.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

strikercomm
12.13.2011 , 06:36 PM | #7
I am having this same exact problem. Makes the game almost unplayable. Although i am running a ati radeon 4800. During beta i stayed at 60fps all day with graphics all set to high. Now when im out in the open world my fps is at 60 but when i go in a cave or indoors it seems my fps drops to 5-10

strikercomm
12.13.2011 , 07:33 PM | #8
Turning the shadows off fixed this problem for me.