Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone Else Having Trouble Finding groups to do flashpoints?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Anyone Else Having Trouble Finding groups to do flashpoints?

Losikar
12.31.2011 , 03:16 PM | #1
Anyone else having a hard time finding groups in FPs (flashpoints)? I literally will wait around for an hour and a half spamming LFG to no avail. Sometimes i get lucky and find 1 member but that's just it, spend more time waiting only to have that member leave to quest or something. Pretty much the same for heroics too.

I really want to play FP's, but if i can find anyone i just quest. The problem with that is I out level the FP or herioc's to the point were i don't get any xp from them and then they're pointless to do. Sure you can still run them, but they just don't seem to have the same impact as running with a proper group.

I don't know how we can fix this, maybe we do need a dungeon finder. I'm sorta against the idea, but lately i have been coming around to it. Maybe it's just me...

shananigan
12.31.2011 , 03:18 PM | #2
not alot of people are lvl 50 yet
Do or do not, there is no try.

Losikar
12.31.2011 , 03:21 PM | #3
I'm not 50 i'm lv 35 Jedi sentinel....

Iwipe
12.31.2011 , 03:25 PM | #4
Yup since you can get to 50 via questing solo, not alot of people are interested in doing FPs..

kesayo
12.31.2011 , 03:31 PM | #5
Maybe I'm just not "getting it", but so far I've been in like 5 flashpoints and most of them take like 2 hours and you end up dying a lot and the xp reward seems significantly less than just questing for like 15 minutes. Also, I've only gotten a decent drop like once out of the 5 times I've done it. So personally, I'm in no itching hurry to jump into a flashpoint. The only time I go now is if a guildmate pesters me hard enough and I have absolutely nothing better to do.

Tarengrim
12.31.2011 , 03:38 PM | #6
Yes, well most of the Flaspoints are still a bit buggy, the loot is not too impressive and the xp/hour and credit/hour rate is also below what you get from questing. so beside trying them for the fun of it, there is really not that much reason to do them.

Though I do prefer running FPs over levelling alone. Yet, after hours of spamming general Chats, I grew tired of it and stopped trying.

Losikar
12.31.2011 , 03:45 PM | #7
Yeah I really just want to do the Taral V FP, but i don't want to out level it. I already did that with hammer station all the way to Cadmimu...

ReckonerH
12.31.2011 , 05:00 PM | #8
I had 3 friends playing with me until recently so we were able to do flashpoints whenever we wanted (had all roles filled-tank, healer, 2 dps). 2 of them stopped playing due to going all emo about the problems with the game and now I am in this exact predicament. Really hard to find competent groups. It's usually a case of we wipe, and when we try to help the person struggling and bringing us down that person lashes out on us and quits

Lord_Itharius
12.31.2011 , 05:42 PM | #9
I'd recommend finding a group of people you can do hm flashpoints with, else you're going to have an absolutely horrible time until a month from now when more people hit 50 and they fix a lot of the bugs.

Also, only do HM Black Talon and HM False Emperor. The rest are much harder and frankly unfinishable without operation gear. HM Boarding Party is also incredibly easy except for the last boss, which you will NOT kill except with a very well geared healer.
"can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out." - battlebug