Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Accidentally Deleted my Character

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Accidentally Deleted my Character
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ChrisLacey
12.31.2011 , 04:20 PM | #1
I accidentally deleted my character, is there a way to restore my character I put in an ingame petition but they said I can restore items, they didn't say anything about characters. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dilkin
12.31.2011 , 04:21 PM | #2
Others have somehow managed to do this and were told they cannot restore characters....yet.
Playing MMOs since 1996.

Khyr
12.31.2011 , 04:24 PM | #3
Accidently?

You were drunk or something?

Submit a ticket or call them maybe?

Rankyn
12.31.2011 , 04:25 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Dilkin View Post
Others have somehow managed to do this and were told they cannot restore characters....yet.
This.

I accidentally deleted mine and it took almost a week to find out that they can't restore them yet.

Sadly, the best thing you can do at this point is to re-roll and start over.

This is why I think the character's name needs to be added to what you have to type to delete a character.

Beesodd
12.31.2011 , 04:25 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings All,

We are currently experiencing technical issues with the Character Restore process, and are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

ChrisLacey
12.31.2011 , 05:10 PM | #6
No i wasn't drunk. Because SW:TOR had so many bugs when the game came out (Many that are still not fixed) my computer kept shutting down randomly and because of this destoryed my computer. So I let my friend play my account and try it out while I was waiting (this was during early access mind you and up until a few days ago)

Anyway, so my friend created a bunch of characters while I had 2, he asked me to delete the characters from my account so he could use the names on his account. I happily abliged, wasn't paying attention and instead of deleting is jedi knight "Kuma" I deleted my Jedi Knight "Lacey"

The good news is the character was only level 15, so that's not so hard to get back to. Just some time and effort.

Speire
12.31.2011 , 05:22 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello ChrisLacey,

We must inform you that account sharing is against our Terms of Service. Continued account sharing could result in actions being taken on your account.

Speire | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Noxsabe
12.31.2011 , 05:35 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisLacey View Post
No i wasn't drunk. Because SW:TOR had so many bugs when the game came out (Many that are still not fixed) my computer kept shutting down randomly and because of this destoryed my computer. So I let my friend play my account and try it out while I was waiting (this was during early access mind you and up until a few days ago)

Anyway, so my friend created a bunch of characters while I had 2, he asked me to delete the characters from my account so he could use the names on his account. I happily abliged, wasn't paying attention and instead of deleting is jedi knight "Kuma" I deleted my Jedi Knight "Lacey"

The good news is the character was only level 15, so that's not so hard to get back to. Just some time and effort.
do i really read this .... you write in a post on the swtor forums that you did on "account sharing" !!
i call that your second mistake, first mistake you deleting wrong character! and only lv15 djeez man takes like 1day to reroll that, i'v deleted like 5 chars cus i hated the play style of an advancedclass. i usually delete lv18-19 chars. anyways sucks for you but pro tip, next time don't make up a story that can harm all your chars/account, you almost lost all.
then again might still happen... confused anyway hope not for your sake.
Bioware don't ban his account, was an honest mistake of him ... "i bet".

Ps: i'm not that friend from his story

ChrisLacey
12.31.2011 , 05:53 PM | #9
Well if you want to ban my account and lose 15 dollars a month then go for it. I figured i'd put the account to good use since swtor's bugs prevented me from playing. That's your decision though, if you want to lose a customer that's entirely up to you.

Ashelyn
12.31.2011 , 05:56 PM | #10
Wait, so if you had bothered to follow the rules and not account share, you likely wouldn't have screwed up and deleted your own toon. Smooth. I'd call karma on this one and just reroll.