Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hammer Station - Tarro Blood

12.31.2011 , 02:00 PM | #1
I'm looking to set up a Hammer Station alt run tonight, at approximately 12:30 am server time; i.e. 12 and a half hours from now.

Why am I posting here? I'd rather not spam General for whoever knows how long while sitting in the fleet tonight.

I'm Tank specced Jedi Shadow, and I'm willing to go 2-3 times to ensure we all leave with something.

If you are interested, leave a message with the toon Egwene, or respond here...or both, so I can check the status via the cell throughout the day.

Happy hunting!

Joryssk/Egwene Asha'man

12.31.2011 , 02:14 PM | #2
Do a /who search for all players in the hammer station level range proceed to ask politely. It works wonders. EMPHASIS ON POLITELY! Use excuse me when you ask and apologize if they say no. This should be self evident.
Owner and manager of the stiff lekk'u. The official 10/4/2011 Beta thread bar of the TOR forums.

12.31.2011 , 02:15 PM | #3
Seriously... I don't get the whole spam general chat stuff... Just send people /tells...

12.31.2011 , 02:22 PM | #4
Personally, I've always found that intrusive and annoying but perhaps I'm in the minority.

I get those tells infrequently, but if I'm not flagged for LFG, I don't want to be bothered with it. Don't ask me; I tend to believe many people think the same way, but if you two are any indication of the majority perhaps I need to adjust my thought process.

At any rate, the politeness should be self-evident as you pointed out, but then again...many things should be that aren't.

Apparently I'm just censored if I do, censored if I don't. I simply thought to leave this out there before work and see if I got any bites. Lacking a proper server forum or LFG forum, I thought this might suffice.

Forgiveness if I've intruded upon your sensibilities and tread upon the majority who prefer whispers over something less invasive to an otherwise solo player's questing period.

To anyone else who might still be interested, the offer stands.

My apologies if the tone of this post is too sharp; it isn't meant to be condescending but I recognize it might appear that way.

12.31.2011 , 02:25 PM | #5
How can anyone possibly be offended by getting a /tell from someone saying "hey would you like to do... ?"

There is no law that you must respond if it bothers you. And if it bothers you THAT much set up a chat group with your friends and turn /tells off. Problem solved.

12.31.2011 , 02:51 PM | #6
Who spoke of being offended? My message was that I did not wish to be bothered by or bother others with intrusive LFG queries. If anything, the cross-reference should have been annoy or irritate long before you reached offended.

However your statement is apropos; if this thread bothered or offended you, you need not have responded directing me in what I could do.

Think you not the idea had not already occured to me and been disregarded?

This thread serves a purpose; just because it is not YOUR purpose does not negate it's goal.

With that correlation, back on track.

12.31.2011 , 03:15 PM | #7
I actually think a thread like this is perfectly legit. That being said, Im on Tarro Blood, and Ill be on sometime after 8 pm CST. Usually on a few hours. So there is a good chance our paths could cross then. I need to run Hammer Station also and I will join you if we can work it out. Sith assasin, mainly dps though I havnt had opportunity to do too much group content yet.

12.31.2011 , 03:53 PM | #8
You are Sith Assassin? A shame; I'm Republic as your mirror in Jedi Shadow.