Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The blood hunt flashpoint - jos and valk boss fight reset

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
The blood hunt flashpoint - jos and valk boss fight reset
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Trlance
04.24.2018 , 10:48 AM | #11
Quote:
All you *wrote* in that post is that there are bugs. I don't have time to faff with videos: are you talking about the tendency of capes to get twisted up and bent through the wearer's body? That's well known and affects many sets. The Darth Sion set is particularly prone to it, but almost any set with a rear cape or butt-cape or a front-mounted butt-cape will do it.
- no man. Sometimes, ONLY sometimes some sets have that kind of problem but Darth Malak set have this problem in EVERY cutscene what i have proved in this videos one by one. And they just put this whole buggy set on CM. On my channel i have almost 4200 videos there and i have cutscenes with that kind of set without this pathetic bug. Need examples with my videos?

SteveTheCynic
04.24.2018 , 11:34 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Trlance View Post
- no man. Sometimes, ONLY sometimes some sets have that kind of problem but Darth Malak set have this problem in EVERY cutscene what i have proved in this videos one by one. And they just put this whole buggy set on CM. On my channel i have almost 4200 videos there and i have cutscenes with that kind of set without this pathetic bug. Need examples with my videos?
The Darth Sion set does it front and rear if you so much as blink while wearing it, and it's a CM set from the old packs. I don't need to see videos of it, thanks.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
?REDO FROM START
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

Trlance
04.24.2018 , 12:18 PM | #13
Quote:
The Darth Sion set does it front and rear if you so much as blink while wearing it, and it's a CM set from the old packs. I don't need to see videos of it, thanks.
- don't know about what you babbling or what you wanna write but to this moment you writed nothing new.

Problems are real and i proved it. They don't care and that's another fact.

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander.

Metalmac
03.29.2021 , 04:57 PM | #14
WTH why does this bug since 2018 not fixed yet?
How incompetent do you have to be to not fix something from 2 years ago?

I have been a programmer for 40 years and would never leave a bug around this long?
Fire the manager that let this stay in place, as that is very bad customer service.

CommunityTeam
04.01.2021 , 04:54 AM | #15 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi folks,

Thank you for the different reports concerning the Jos and Valk Beroya fight in the Blood Hunt Flashpoint.

We were not able to reproduce this bug. To help us in our investigation, could you provide videos where we can see the bug?

Thank you.
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SteveTheCynic
04.01.2021 , 09:05 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Metalmac View Post
WTH why does this bug since 2018 not fixed yet?
How incompetent do you have to be to not fix something from 2 years ago?

I have been a programmer for 40 years and would never leave a bug around this long?
Fire the manager that let this stay in place, as that is very bad customer service.
The hostile and insulting tone in this message is out of place, and if the studio cannot make it happen for them, they can't debug it, and they can't prove it was fixed either.

Before you say anything, by the way, I've been a developer for more than 30 years, and yes, bugs can (and do) stick around for a long time, especially if they only happen in ill-defined circumstances because the only reports are "Um, this bad thing happens."
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
?REDO FROM START
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

HuiEtyud
04.02.2021 , 09:21 PM | #17
In my experience, Jos and Valk reset because your companion locks on to whoever they're fighting (let's say Jos, since he's the first round), and when they leave the arena for the next round your companion jumps up to them on their perch. And that makes the fight reset because Valk's AI can't path to who they have aggro on (ie, your companion).

Jesus Droid is a little better at it, because it seems it's programmed to break contact with what it can't path to (or its AI has ADD and just aggros on random targets every few seconds). Enemies and companions, not so much.

Probably the same reason if a companion gets knocked off the platform. Boss can't path to it, so it just resets the fight. Putting companion on Passive just before Jos/Valk gets to 50% will alleviate a lot of this.

Learn to control your companion, and stop yelling at the devs.

Edit: Yes. It's aggravating as hell that bugs since launch still exist. I've sent in my [un]fair share of spiteful bug reports. I seem to recall a patch note even clarifying that they fixed this particular issue a year or two ago, shortly before 6.0 dropped. I think around the time they dropped Jos/Valk's knockback punch to 10 meters from 300 miles. Personally, I'm still waiting on a Shae Vizla nerf. Her Instant Transmission leaps and godly Death From Above (I'm actually being serious about that one. The AoE circle for her DFA isn't true to the actual effective area of the attack. I've stood well outside of the circle and still took damage. Like...10m out of the circle.) suck hard, especially for melee classes.

cyrusramsey
04.03.2021 , 10:51 PM | #18
There's plenty of examples of things that are/were/have been broken for years, but I didn't think this was one of them. That fight resetting used to be very common, but it had been fixed, at least mostly. I've not seen this fight reset in a long time. It's possible it broke again (if there's one thing I see here more than in other places, it's old bugs coming back) or maybe necromancer ran into a fluke incident, but it's been a long time since it reset almost every attempt.