Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Seasons Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Citrienne
03.26.2021 , 09:21 AM | #81
This page needs more organization.
https://imgur.com/a/BfjJge9

I suggest two tabs, one "Conquest Objectives" and the other "Priority Objectives". Clicking on stuff in either tab would fill in the pane on the right that has the detailed description of the objective.

Additionally, another UI control needs to be added next to the "Sort By" one (pictured), called "Filter By". It should be a sub-control of the tab (so should appear separately on both tabs) and contain (multi-select):
  • Priority Objectives (only if the objectives aren't split into tabs)
  • Conquest Objectives (only if the objectives aren't split into tabs)
  • Infinitely Repeatable
  • Daily Repeatable
  • Once a Week
  • Missions
  • Crafting
  • Rampages
  • Operations
  • Flashpoints
  • PvP
  • GSF
  • ...etc...

That objectives list was already too long with just the conquest objectives and I still have trouble finding stuff in it on live. This priority objectives/galactic seasons system adds even more to it, and it needs to be filterable.
Lamentations
Server: The Shadowlands > Star Forge

casirabit
03.26.2021 , 10:01 AM | #82
Can we please choose the PO we want. Since this has been on PTS I keep getting Voss Defeat the enemies. Not sure about you but that will get tiring.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

DavidStaats
03.26.2021 , 10:05 AM | #83 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi all!

I wanted to update this thread and address some of the great feedback we have received so far!

There is a bit of confusion about why some of the Priority Objectives appear to not be working. There are currently more objectives showing than there should be, and the assigned Weekly Priority Objectives are not being filtered to the top of the Conquest list like the Daily Priority Objectives are. We are aware of this issue and working to have it resolved.

The naming convention for the Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives causes some confusion. We will be making another pass to make this clearer to players.

The Galactic Season progression is currently not showing through the experience bar, however, you should be seeing progression through the point tracking on that same screen.

Other feedback we have noted since PTS has started:
  • There is a wish for additional Galactic Season Tokens to be earned.
  • Tracking Priority Objectives is hard to do because it is binarily “Done” or “Not Done”.
  • Additional variance in the Daily Priority Objectives and ways to complete them (with friends and solo).

Please note that we are in the process of gathering all the constructive feedback that’s being compiled here. While we are discussing the feedback noted above, that doesn't necessarily mean changes are coming for those points. However, we will circle back on what we are, or aren't changing, and why! Lastly, as with any new feature in development, there will be a few kinks as the rest of the system comes online. We thank you for the continued feedback and patience as that process continues.

We look forward to continuing to build Galactic Seasons out with your input!
David Staats | Systems Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

casirabit
03.26.2021 , 10:32 AM | #84
[QUOTE=Stradlin;9930877][/list]
Did you scroll to the bottom? There are uprising and GSF items listed on the list. Just that for some reason atm those are not the ones that are popping up for some people to do on test center.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

casirabit
03.26.2021 , 10:38 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidStaats View Post
Hi all!

I wanted to update this thread and address some of the great feedback we have received so far!

There is a bit of confusion about why some of the Priority Objectives appear to not be working. There are currently more objectives showing than there should be, and the assigned Weekly Priority Objectives are not being filtered to the top of the Conquest list like the Daily Priority Objectives are. We are aware of this issue and working to have it resolved.

The naming convention for the Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives causes some confusion. We will be making another pass to make this clearer to players.

The Galactic Season progression is currently not showing through the experience bar, however, you should be seeing progression through the point tracking on that same screen.

Other feedback we have noted since PTS has started:
  • There is a wish for additional Galactic Season Tokens to be earned.
  • Tracking Priority Objectives is hard to do because it is binarily “Done” or “Not Done”.
  • Additional variance in the Daily Priority Objectives and ways to complete them (with friends and solo).

Please note that we are in the process of gathering all the constructive feedback that’s being compiled here. While we are discussing the feedback noted above, that doesn't necessarily mean changes are coming for those points. However, we will circle back on what we are, or aren't changing, and why! Lastly, as with any new feature in development, there will be a few kinks as the rest of the system comes online. We thank you for the continued feedback and patience as that process continues.

Mr. Staats:

Thank you for your update and I am going to guess the reason those are not showing up is you want to be sure it takes people longer than 1 week to finish the Season 1. Instead of restricting the items we can do daily maybe restrict how many points you can get in a week and let us choose which activities we want to do. I think this would be a win/win situation.

Ranadiel_Marius
03.26.2021 , 10:51 AM | #86
As I mentioned in my last post, the bar does seem to be working...it just looks like it is for something different than it actually is (the bar is for progress towards level 100 when it looks like like it should be for progress on the individual levels).

Don't think the exp bar in the social menu is working at all though.

EHKodiak
03.26.2021 , 11:07 AM | #87
Any idea on when next version of PTS will be up with these fixes and adjustments? I think our feedback so far has been very cromulent and shows the areas that need looking at

Ferrouswheel
03.26.2021 , 12:05 PM | #88
Quote:
Were you able to find the Galactic Seasons page?
Yes, I found it from the dropdown menu "Login Rewards / Galactic Seasons". It was pretty easy to find.

Quote:
Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?
Yes, but I agree with other feedback that it should be more split out.

Quote:
In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?
I think the list of objectives was pretty reasonable.

Quote:
How do you feel about the cadence and points offered in GS?
I think there should be some sort of reward if you go well over the 800 points.

Quote:
What other general feedback would you would like to tell us?
I think the reward tokens should be slightly increased, or available after you've broken 800 points.

Lord_Thorne
03.26.2021 , 01:31 PM | #89
Hi all!

snip

Thank you for the update & response!

It does seem odd that you can 'claim' the token reward infinitely (or at least until you hit the 15-token limit (only 15? Really?) - not sure if this is a bug or a feature, haha. That does let me unlock the new fleet stronghold today, so I'm pleased.

Hmm...having unlocked the pubside fleet stronghold (it looks pretty nice, bytheway, with lost of hooks!), it now won't let me unlock the impside stronghold "already owned" but I can only get into the pubside one!
Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy.
"The incomprehensibility of your statement in no way validates it." (HK-51)
"I'm a lump with a bad attitude! Honor! Misplaced loyalty! Grr!" (Z0-OM)

AzranParagon
03.26.2021 , 02:48 PM | #90
Were you able to find the Galactic Seasons page?
Yes, it took a little bit of poking around but it wasn't that hard to find.

Were you able to locate your Galactic Seasons Priority Objectives in the Galactic Seasons screen?
Yes. The priority objectives on the Galactic Seasons screen were easy to find.

In the Conquest screen there is a list of tentative Daily and Weekly Priority Objectives. These are all denoted as "PO: Name". What feedback do you have regarding the current list of objectives?
While most of the objectives were rather well selected, it was confusing trying to figure out which ones gave credit and which ones did not. Unfortunately my conquest screen did not have any objectives pinned to the top so it was pretty hard to identify the right objectives. I really think that having a separate tab for Galactic Seasons objectives would be preferable.

How do you feel about the cadence and points offered in GS?
As a subscriber I think that there are enough points available that people can play the game as they wish and the catch-up system means that people will not lose out on rewards just because they had a particularly busy week or month at work.

What other general feedback would you would like to tell us?
There really need to be more Galactic Season tokens available. I know you don't want people just snapping up all the rewards then being done with it but the vendor offers about 65 tokens worth of goods, many of which are season 1 exclusive and the reward track only offers a total of 12 for both Free and Sub tracks. That is only enough for me to get one Fleet Stronghold and two weapons or one missed sub companion. I feel like that if people are going to dedicate the time and effort to actually complete all 100 levels, they are going to expect that they can at least get all the season 1 exclusive rewards. I'm not sure what good a weekly rotation for a portion of the items would be if people can only choose 2 or 3 rewards from the list every 5 months.

With that being said, I really like the idea and basic structure of Galactic Seasons as it provides a set of desired rewards for both f2p and subs that does not affect gameplay in the slightest. While it may resemble some of the pay-to-win reward systems in other games, this is purely cosmetic fluff that provides assistance to players in the only true endgame of SWTOR (Space Barbie).