Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Best 3 crewskills for making credits?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Best 3 crewskills for making credits?

Dabrixmgp's Avatar


Dabrixmgp
12.31.2011 , 11:25 AM | #1
I tried posting this in the CS forum but all I got was "nothing" and "dont waste your time" type responses. Can anyone give me a serious helpful answer on what skills to take if all I want to do is earn credits?

LilTikiBoy's Avatar


LilTikiBoy
12.31.2011 , 11:30 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Dabrixmgp View Post
I tried posting this in the CS forum but all I got was "nothing" and "dont waste your time" type responses. Can anyone give me a serious helpful answer on what skills to take if all I want to do is earn credits?
anything NOT a crafting profession, except for biochem because its actually useful.

Your_Ad_Here's Avatar


Your_Ad_Here
12.31.2011 , 01:24 PM | #3
Hm.

Slicing can be great as you get boxes of credits from scanning them in the environment, and the missions can get you credits in boxes too.

I find Biochem good as you can get materials from animals you kill in the environment (FREE!!!) and make yourself a good amount of medkits and stims.

Foenixz's Avatar


Foenixz
12.31.2011 , 01:44 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by LilTikiBoy View Post
anything NOT a crafting profession, except for biochem because its actually useful.
PFFFFTTTT I have a mint on starship upgrades from Cybertech and the ability to make a mod for someone who has to have it now has been nice too
Member Synergy Online Gaming

since 2002 and we are still going strong

Skodan's Avatar


Skodan
12.31.2011 , 01:50 PM | #5
well you could get all gathering professions and just gather in the wild, so get savenging, bioanalysis and archaeology, then sell all your resources on the GTN
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Dabrixmgp's Avatar


Dabrixmgp
12.31.2011 , 02:59 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Skodan View Post
well you could get all gathering professions and just gather in the wild, so get savenging, bioanalysis and archaeology, then sell all your resources on the GTN

are mats moving at all? some people are saying their vault is full of mats because no one is buying them. what about some of the mission skills do they make anything?

twitchscb's Avatar


twitchscb
12.31.2011 , 03:08 PM | #7
Thats why Bioware nerfed slicing, to try and drive up the market prices and not just have everyone have a lvl 400 slicing... The early release players are already set so it will be a little while, but you'll start to see an increase when more people start to need mats for a crafting skill. Cybertech has the most usefullness in endgame at the time, and you can make good money with slicing right off the bat cancelling out your payment to do the missions with lockboxes as mission rewards (BH have the joy of having Mako and her +15 slicing so missions finish in a few minutes)... All gathering skills will put money in your pocket.. If youre gonna do a crafting go Cybertech or Biochem until BW helps out with some endgame crafting options. The market a disaster right now so just focus on leveling up your character and pull in some random spare change until the market gets set right, which will happen soon I'm sure...

* Underworld trading is cool, but rare materials aren't really rare at the time... Especially in dark side areas where pretty much everyone has it

MaximusFenix's Avatar


MaximusFenix
12.31.2011 , 03:11 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Your_Ad_Here View Post
Hm.

Slicing can be great as you get boxes of credits from scanning them in the environment, and the missions can get you credits in boxes too.

I find Biochem good as you can get materials from animals you kill in the environment (FREE!!!) and make yourself a good amount of medkits and stims.
Slicing was nerfed hard core last patch. At lvl 400 I wasn't even breaking even dumped it to start my crafting. But honestly, there isn't an easy money making one right now. At least not til the on game economy matures.