Imperial Pilot Dossiers

ForfiniteStories

"The role of these interceptors is comparable to the Empire's TIE Fighters. Many design elements are the same," - Darth Vader, (Book of Sith, p. 57)

Imperial Pilot Dossiers

Ello ello. I am Neveah Scottis, a pilot for the Galactic Republic who flies for Blue Squadron. You may already know me for my affinity for the Flashfire starfighter, of which I do not hide. I am proud of my ship, and boast about it whenever I can, as proven here. Indeed, if anything will be the key to defeating the Empire, it will be that ship. If anything will stand the test of time, it will be the Flashfire.

But that is not what I wish to talk about this day. Before you is a document which speaks of our enemy, particularly the starfighter pilots of the Sith Empire whose skill and prestige have been made known to us. Not necessarily through any espionage, of course, but to their own merits. Their aces, so to say. I wish to convey the danger these pilots pose to our own, and describe them in a manner that will assist our pilots and our tacticians in defeating them. We have already lost too many to their ordnance, thus this document is a work of passion. I desire not another loss of life, especially our own. And despite how skillful our own aces are, we cannot defeat the enemy alone.

Unfortunately, it seems there are more of them than there are of us, but the Republic has always been known to fight against greater numbers. We possess quality. The Empire possesses quantity. I would say that quality is greater than quantity, and thus that our victory is guaranteed, but it seems the Empire has bested us in both regards, for even their aces are more numerous. At least that is what it seems.

With permission and approval by Fleet Admiral Bey'wan Aygo of the Republic First Fleet.

Alpha Squadron

You might recognize Alpha Squadron. They are possibly the largest and most common of our adversaries. This gives them plenty of opportunity to produce aces of their own, yet we know of just one.

Kadja Dragonface may seem unassuming at first, as his vessel is standard among the navy in which he serves, but he is the perfect example of one who makes use of whatever it is that they have. He can turn his starfighter into a killing machine, stretching it to its limits and thus utilizing every fabric of its hull to its fullest potential. You know, the stuff that makes aces who they are.

To put it simply, he is the best that Alpha Squadron has to offer. At least for now. If you find yourself in an entanglement with this squadron, make sure that you are prepared to combat against one of the Empire's best.

We are better than them. Our ships are better than theirs. Do not let their fear-inducing psychology control you.

The sheer number of fighters that spring forth from their chambers may seem overwhelming at first, but if you can muster the willpower to push forward against their mass, they will disperse just as easily.

Kadja represents the Empire as much as you'd let him. Feel free to remind him what being an ace really means.

It is worth noting, for me at least, that his homeworld is the same as mine.

That does not mean I bare any fondness for him. His brother, on the other hand... we'll get to him later.

Data of the pilot has been laid about in a concise manner below.

Name: Kadja Dragonface

Homeworld: Alderaan

Squadron: Alpha Squadron

Seen flying an FT-3C Imperium | TIE Fighter, exclusively.

Iota Squadron

Iota Squadron is one of many Imperial squadrons, but unbeknown to most is that their pilots tend to rank higher than most. To put it simply, there are many aces who fly with Iota. If you wish to learn more about them, feel free to inquire, but for now, we will speak of one pilot who has yet to be given detail. While you may already be familiar with Iota Squadron, as reputable as they may be, there remains to be even more pilots who fly under their banner that we do not yet know about. An oddity no doubt, perhaps a coincidence even, that their supply of aces never ceases.

Darcey Prinze, a Zabrak who favors the packing punch of a battlescout not unlike myself, has been making rounds with his vessel. He has retrofitted his scout craft to pursue and destroy with relative ease, more than either myself or Sandy Bellinger dare to manage. I assure you, however, that such capabilities are well within our own potential--we're just too good to see the need to use them. Ironically, the weapons of burst installed onto Darcey's Sting are not always used by pilots in need of a compensation for a lack of piloting skill. Darcey Prinze is actually a very capable pilot, which makes his use of these weapons all the more dangerous to his enemies.

A seer of ours envisioned the death of one of our own aces by his cunning. I for one wish to prevent this from happening. Thus I declare that in any entanglement with Iota, the prioritization of Darcey shall be paramount. Shall you make the kill, you will have my gratitude as well as the gratitude of the would-be victim.

Make no mistake, however, that such an opportunity will be scarce. He isn't the only ace you ought to look out for.

Name: Darcey Prinze

Homeworld: Iridonia

Squadron: Iota Squadron

Seen flying an S-13 Sting | TIE Interceptor, most commonly.

Other ship(s) include the B-5 Decimus | TIE Avenger.

Gamma Squadron

Bombers are often generalized as being typically slow and stupid, fat and lazy. They are indeed slow, they are large targets, and in some cases, they don't take much to take down if you know what you are doing. Some bomber pilots, however, are aware of this stereotype of theirs, so they customize their vessel to favor a more agile preference. In some cases, and perhaps in this case, they can combat other fighters just as well as other fighters can. While their role will always primarily be that of a bomber, some may alternate their loadout depending on what their target actually is.

Liz Dragonface of Gamma Squadron seems to favor this niche, and her loadout remains relatively similar regardless of her duty. If you spot a selection of bombers making for an attack run, be warned, for if one of them is Liz, you have been fooled. Be wary when addressing the lightning terror, for she will always set her sights on you instead. This surprise maneuver may give the rest of her squadron the breathing space to then unleash their payload, but at least you would be spared the embarrassment of witnessing your failure.

When in doubt, see if you can find an alternate exterior amid her squadron. Chances are, it is her. That would then be your cue to go in and get the kill you deserve. Be warned once more, however, she fights well despite the limitations of her vessel. You best keep that in mind. Never is any ace an easy target.

Liz Dragonface is a sister to Kadja Dragonface.

Name: Liz Dragonface

Squadron: Gamma Squadron

Seen flying a B-4D Legion | TIE Bomber, exclusively.

Nu Squadron

The one and only ace we know of amidst Nu Squadron, Bitte Xin has been trained to serve the Empire at a young age. Most of her lifetime had been involved in martial training up until an actual career had been acquired, and when that dawn arrived, she found herself as an espionage agent who favored long-range weaponry. That is not to say, of course, that years of martial training as a youth was left to the side. She can fight, and she fights well.

Her skills as a pilot seem to reflect this, but it is known that pilots fly their vessels like an extension of themselves, especially the better pilots. She flies only a gunship in the form of a Mangler. A vessel that mirrors her preference with a sniper rifle, and one she customized to better tackle an assailant in close quarters combat, just like she is quick to pull out a blade while on foot. Perhaps her talents are what set her apart. Perhaps her talents will split her apart as well, to the point her squadmates cannot keep up. If that is her weakness, then she will die alone, with no one as good enough or brave enough to come to her aid.

Even alone however, she is not to be taken lightly. A common theme among top aces, if you are not yet familiar.

She has a fondness for her father, who was integral to her upbringing. If he remains alive, perhaps his capture can bring her to us, and therefore remove her as an asset to the Empire.

Name: Otruta Pavúková | Alias: Bitte Xin

Squadron: Nu Squadron

Seen flying a GSS-3 Mangler | Xg-1 Star Wing, exclusively.

Tau Squadron

Annabeth Rosenberg, or Anna Rose for short, has a tendency to gaze gleefully at explosions. The cause of many a fiery death, Anna often volunteers for assignments that will allow her to deploy her explosive arsenal onto the enemies of the Empire. What peeves me greatly is that not many of her victims are actual pilots or soldiers. It may even be unfathomable to grasp the sheer number of innocent lives she has taken. That of the civilian population. Men, women, and children. Human or otherwise.

She performs her duties without restraint or remorse, and while she may not always show it, she most definitely takes pleasure in them. To make it onto this document ought to speak volumes as to how truly destructive she is. Perhaps with her death, at least one more life may be spared; the toll she induces is greater than that of her wingmates. She is relentless in her pursuit of destruction and mass genocide, sparing none it seems, for while the Empire at large houses a surplus of tyrants, there remains some who ought to be all the more vile. Her record speaks more sinisterly than others.

I can feel the dead cry out in vengeance at the mention of her name. Will you grant them the right to rest and allow others to live the life they deserve? The longer she remains a threat, the darker the galaxy will become. I for one cannot bare another genocide at her hands and those who issue to her their orders. This must stop now. Yesterday even. I don't care what else you read here, Anna Rose is the worst of them all.

Name: Annabeth Rosenberg

Squadron: Tau Squadron

Seen flying an F-T2 Quell | TIE Oppressor, most commonly.

Other ship(s) include the GSS-4Y Jurgoran | Xm-1 Nova Wing.

Sigma Squadron

Sigma Squadron may seem peculiar at first, but one needs to realize that some squadrons tend to specialize in specific aspects of warfare. For example, our own Gold Squadron is commonly depicted to house our bombers and their pilots. Indeed that is true. Most assignments in which said tactics are required are often assigned to Gold Squadron, though that is certainly not all they can do.

Similarly, Sigma Squadron is not often at the fray. They tend to operate on a more specialized basis. In regard to one of their pilots, Masta Gaid, it seems that at least some of these operations are quite covert. Masta Gaid in particular is often involved in penetrating our defenses not through mere force, but through espionage and cyber warfare. He is a cyborg, and thus is imbued with a detailed array of gadgetry and technology that assist him in this manner. If his squadron isn't already specialized in that regard, then his starfighter is. If his starfighter can't do the job well enough on its own, then he can.

We may not know much about them, but that's the point. It seems we can thank Sigma Squadron for having so much known about us, and we believe that Masta Gaid may be the cardinal culprit in these affairs.

Name: Masta Gaid

Squadron: Sigma Squadron

Seen flying an S-SC4 Bloodmark | TIE Vanguard, most commonly.

Black Squadron

Alderaan is a romantic world, and the same could be said about its people. Though some may hold other worlds in higher stature, Alderaan possesses a beauty that is seldom replicated. Perhaps I am being too optimistic however, as my home world seems to be quite rife with political feud and warfare. This may not have always been the case, but at least it hasn't permanently tarnished its character. Most I have spoken to regard it fondly, and see the conflict as a mere passing. I too concur. Once the Empire has been dealt with, it is all but assured that such macabre will be left behind if not outright forgotten.

In all the irony I can muster, however, it seems such romanticism has fallen on behalf of such great evil force. Regardless of how vagrant one's charisma may be, the charm conveyed with one's choice of words and the tone thereof, their ideals shan't change behind such a deceptive curtain. Romeo Dragonface may be a lady's man, but the banner he upholds twists his words more than he'd like to admit.

I will not lie; perhaps the Empire could change for the better with someone such as him as its leader, but it would have to go through so many changes to the point that such a gesture would be pointless. I believe it best that Romeo place such ideals upon his own mantle, to embolden and prosper House Thul rather than strip it of its honor and dignity, at least that which still remains, in exchange for whatever foolhardy concept the Empire delivers in its place. Nothing can save the Empire from itself; it can never exist as a force of good, for being a force of evil has been its entire point from the get-go.

There are occasions in which I have felt that I misunderstood him. It is difficult to escape his enchanting gaze, his soothing voice, and his overwhelming sense of insight and wisdom. He's warm, even to his adversaries. I do believe he has noble intentions, but that can never excuse service for an unjust cause. He will make himself out to be liable for the Empire's actions, and not even I could spare him from the only fate that can entail.

Unfortunately, his skill as a starfighter pilot has forced my hand. Black Squadron has proven to be a thorn in our side, and with him at the helm, most definitely so. To sympathize with the Empire is one thing, but to effectively aid them is an entirely different matter. Romeo has essentially labeled himself not only as an enemy, but a dangerous one as well. With Black Squadron being held as some sort of standard for the Imperial Navy, it also seems that he has made himself out to be an idealistic figure.

He is a priority target for us and for Alderaan reasons.

As he is personal friends with Lord Serjay Thul, it is possible that we may be able to get to him through means other than mere starfighter combat. I wouldn't recommend the latter anyway; their reputation and status precedes them.

Name: Romeo Dragonface

Squadron: Black Squadron

Seen flying an S-12 Blackbolt | TIE Striker, most commonly.

Other ship(s) include the M-7 Razorwire | TIE Command Shuttle.

Titan Squadron

Titan Squadron is not commonly known, nor is it often encountered amid our duties. For that is because Titan Squadron is a specialized unit, who appear to be dedicated toward one goal; the destruction of a prototype vessel of ours and perhaps the eradication of those who partake in its defense. We have conjured a specialized squadron of our own to protect said vessel and to act as a counter to Titan Squadron in the form of Vanguard Squadron.

All would be well said and done if this squadron of theirs didn't possess an ace amidst their ranks. Friedrich Deus has proven to be a stalwart leader. Our own ace in the hole has yielded to us much success, but the commanding figures of Titan Squadron constantly shrug off his work. Indeed, Friedrich Deus is not necessarily a pilot as much as he is an admiral of sorts. He commands the squadron from his flagship, a Harrower, and possesses an uncanny talent to reimburse his losses with utmost ease. To make matters worse, he does partake in battle as well, and he flies a vessel unique to him, much like a hero with a cape. His presence on the battlefield does help sway the outcome in his squadron's favor just as well.

If we can wrest him from his command, then it will only be a matter of time before Titan Squadron withers away. One can only flail against a wall for so long, after all.

Name: Friedrich Deus

Squadron: Titan Squadron

Imperial Inquisition

There is but one pilot I wish not to discuss, but duty has granted me the burden to do so regardless of how I feel about it. My personal dislike of Maxine Dagenais is indeed the reason why she is last to be listed, but I hope the benefit of doing so will prolong the memory of her entry. May the reader or the listener take her threat to heart. I will personally see to it that her killer receives a notable reward, perhaps in the form of the Star of Alderaan.

I will not lie; I have met this individual before. You can say we grew up together. Despite the fact that our worlds were lightyears apart, we had the misfortune of being introduced. Like a demon in human form, or the Dark Side itself in disguise, she reacted to me as if she could see through me. As if she knew that what I was had been counter to everything she made out to be. I have known her since my youth, but I cannot say that I truly know her. She is incomprehensible, as are her dark ambitions. It is no wonder she now serves the Empire. And it is no wonder that as opposites, I now serve the Republic in kind. We share only our interest in spaceflight, nothing more. Metaphorically, it's as if we had been of the same mold, and that she is the manifestation of my darkness long gone. And that I am the good that used to be in her, if there ever had been.

Perhaps we share a little more. Just like I, Maxine is an ace pilot. She is my exact opposite in that regard. If I am the best the Republic has to offer, then she is most certainly the best the Empire has to offer. I hope you learn from that fact alone, that she is extremely dangerous indeed.

I wouldn't recommend taking her lightly. Even that is an understatement.

But it is not just her skill as a pilot, nor is it her viciousness; the ship she flies exemplifies the threat she emanates. I will never admit that anything is better than the Flashfire, but that may be the Truth here. The Rycer is the accumulation of years of Imperial technical prowess. All of their advances have led up to it, and the best of minds have made it so. So proud the Empire is of such a feat, that the vessel is aptly named after one of their navy's core figures. I am glad that the Republic is able to counter it with a fighter of our own, for there may have been no hope in stopping it without one. The Star Guard is no Flashfire, but it will do just fine.

If such a ship could best many of our own alone, it becomes even more apparent how much of a threat it is when only their aces are permitted to fly it.

Maxine herself isn't just a cog in a wheel. All Rycer pilots are indeed dangerous, and yet she still manages to make it out among them.

Rumor has it that her starfighter's primary weaponry is modified; that its green laser fire is imbued with the plasma of her homeworld's core. If this is true, it would explain much, but not everything. I do believe all else written here would remain the same even without this terrible revelation.

I hope I have made it clear how much of a threat she is, for she has managed to stick out among a sea of knives, and knives themselves are already sharp to begin with. We shan't be pierced any deeper. It is imperative that the blades be dulled, hers above all.

Name: Maxine Dagenais

Homeworld: Naboo

Squadron: Imperial Inquisition

Seen flying an F-T6 Rycer | TIE Defender, exclusively.

I would like to thank you for joining me thus far. We have spoken a great deal about a great deal of enemies. I hope you will take what you learned here to heart, and come to truly know what we fight for as well as what we fight against.

Take the fight to them, I implore you. I look forward to this document being a simple historical document, and not something we have to ponder upon as we try to alter the fate of the galaxy.

Mark your targets and pursue them, but don't overdo it. You may be one such ace that they seek, and it'd be best if they'd lose theirs beforehand.

Stay safe out there, yet be strong. A firm conviction and a smart mindset will draw victory toward our favor. We will see through this, and they will not. Be convinced of this and fate will yield such fortune.

Neveah Scottis, signing off.

Apparently Ms. Heaven-Spelled-Backwards has a fondness for Mandalorians that most of her associates aren't aware of. She forgot or neglected to include the infamous Velios Rintaro in her report, a Dar'manda whose biggest benefactor is the Empire.

We thought of offering him a bigger payout, but decided that he wasn't worth the expenditure. While he is a good pilot, he's still nothing our own pilots can't handle. He's also as untrustworthy and tempestuous as they come; he'll likely be more of a detriment than anything. Inviting him over would be like leaving the door open for the enemy. --JB

Name: Velios Rintaro

Homeworld: Mandalore

Seen flying a VX-9 Mailoc | Ye-4 Gunship, exclusively.

Starfighter renders by Ansel Hsiao and unusualsuspex

Edited by ForfiniteStories

That's very interesting..Always nice to see some flesh and meat added to bones when it comes to Piloting business! As fate would allow it, some of the Squadrons you've listed have namesakes that are actual entities in GSF sky of SWTOR.

Here is Iota Squadron, for example Iota had its roots on Progenitor and is now on Darth Malgus..tho maybe hibernating, I'm not sure. Besides Iota, Proge used to have Vermilion Squadron&Red Squadron. All theree were RP communities combining roleplaying and GSF. Red Squadron of 1st Expeditionary Fleet being something of a grandfather of the others; they RPd pilots before GSF was even a thing. I recon each can be found on Malgus now, though hard to say how active they are.

Star Forge has Sabre/Ghost Squadron, which is an ancient Pilot community that has been up and running since mid 00s or thereabouts.

Emperor's Hammer is another pilot community that is still somewhat present on Star Forge. There can't be many older still living Guilds established arond video games, they were founded somewhere around early/mid 90's. It is a guild(or a clan, if you will) that was all about flying the classic XW/Tie fighter games together. Im sure they busy having time of their lives with Squadrons atm.

Edited by Stradlin

That's very interesting..Always nice to see some flesh and meat added to bones when it comes to Piloting business! As fate would allow it, some of the Squadrons you've listed have namesakes that are actual entities in GSF sky of SWTOR.

Here is Iota Squadron, for example Iota had its roots on Progenitor and is now on Darth Malgus..tho maybe hibernating, I'm not sure. Besides Iota, Proge used to have Vermilion Squadron&Red Squadron. All theree were RP communities combining roleplaying and GSF. Red Squadron of 1st Expeditionary Fleet being something of a grandfather of the others; they RPd pilots before GSF was even a thing. I recon each can be found on Malgus now, though hard to say how active they are.

Star Forge has Sabre/Ghost Squadron, which is an ancient Pilot community that has been up and running since mid 00s or thereabouts.

Emperor's Hammer is another pilot community that is still somewhat present on Star Forge. There can't be many older still living Guilds established arond video games, they were founded somewhere around early/mid 90's. It was a guild(or a clan, if you will) that was all about flying the classic XW/Tie fighter games together. Im sure they busy having time of their lives with Squadrons atm.

Thanks for the information on all those player groups.

In regard to Iota Squadron, they were who I was giving a slight nod to when alluding to the "other, many aces." I am not too familiar with them besides the fact that I know at least one of them has a YouTube thing going on with GSF or they at least used to.

I haven't purchased Squadrons yet, but I might come around to doing so sooner or later. The main thing for me is that you are represented by your username rather than your character name, and as you can see, I'm all about my characters. I guess ...I'll just change my username to one of them and only play as them, but that could get boring after a while. Or maybe I'm just being too picky.

I haven't touched most of the older flight sims since I was in High School. I did pick up X-Wing recently and I swear I will try to beat it sometime, but gosh darn, despite all the good things I can say about it, the level design made me hate it (almost.) It's like GSF, but your team mates are useless and you have to fend off half a dozen respawning Manglers by yourself within a tight time limit.

On another note, I do have a character in SWG Legends, but I am not yet aware of any groups that play on it; not that there isn't any, it's just that I haven't done my homework yet. I put together a new computer a while ago and I still have yet to reinstall it. Mind you, I quit playing SWTOR for a while, so my interest dropped.

Thanks for the information on all those player groups.

In regard to Iota Squadron, they were who I was giving a slight nod to when alluding to the "other, many aces." I am not too familiar with them besides the fact that I know at least one of them has a YouTube thing going on with GSF or they at least used to.

Yeah at least Yo-wan and Heizen made lots of videos way back when. Former still pops GSF vids out on regular basis. World famous youtuber Big D gaming was a member and did an epic Machima for the squadron! Besides that, Iota's weird former leader had a thing for making "missions" for the GSF Squadron via mission editor of Tie Fighter! Your post got me memory laning pretty hard lol.Good times.

I haven't touched most of the older flight sims since I was in High School. I did pick up X-Wing recently and I swear I will try to beat it sometime, but gosh darn, despite all the good things I can say about it, the level design made me hate it (almost.) It's like GSF, but your team mates are useless and you have to fend off half a dozen respawning Manglers by yourself within a tight time limit.

Been a long time for me too. Though I gave Tie Fighter a spin like 4 years back since I was fiddling with mission editor already. Was surprised to notice it still felt like an excellent game. Unsure how much of it was nostalgia boosting things tho.

Looks incredibly good and ambitious. And strangely, apparently quite close to release. They been beta testing for a month now.

It is great to FINALLY have some sort of a spiritual sequel to these games in Squadrons. I wish they make a bit more ambitious and bit more single player driven sequel to it one day. Pref. not after a 20 year wait.

I warmly recommend you taking a closer look at Emperor's Hammer and their Tie Corps tbh! Judging by your writings, I think you totally have the..heart strings to really enjoy what they are doing!

Edited by Stradlin

Looks incredibly good and ambitious. And strangely, apparently quite close to release. They been beta testing for a month now.

I haven't heard of that, so thanks for bringing it up. I suppose it's because it's a new project? There is also a similar project for X-Wing. Who knows, it might make my experience in that title more bearable; it was difficult to see targets further out in the older versions of X-Wing, making missions in which you needed to intercept enemy fighters and bombers more difficult. The 1998 version did not have this issue, but I don't believe it allowed you to create custom pilots. To give myself a necessary edge, or at least a less frustrating one, I created Ace Pilots based on my own characters, which ought to have helped on some missions. It was also more fun to have my own characters involved in the action. With this mod, I could get the best of both worlds.

I just hope neither of them, or any other project for that matter, get the axe like the KOTOR remake did. I never managed to get into the original game, and Apeiron may very well have been the key for me to do so.

It is great to FINALLY have some sort of a spiritual sequel to these games in Squadrons. I wish they make a bit more ambitious and bit more single player driven sequel to it one day. Pref. not after a 20 year wait.

You're right. It is great to have gotten anything like that at all. I really wasn't expecting anything. I just find it odd that they didn't take their time to make it even better. It wasn't like we weren't already waiting a long time anyway. I think it may have had to do with the fact that EA wanted to push something out before their license was renegotiated or something? The end result is a product that even GSF surpasses in a few areas, and something too similar to Starfighter Assault for Battlefront II. I had acquired EA Play for a month to give it a try. Can't say I was impressed. At least it has the more immersive simulator feel to it.

Funny thing, since I play GSF a lot, I naturally ended up reconfiguring the controls to mirror that of GSF. I was also playing X-Wing around that time, so whatever I couldn't transition from GSF, I transitioned from that title. Since a lot of players were new or not experienced or warmed up yet, I was ahead of the competition. Had some good games early on. It almost made me regret taking down my YouTube videos, but that was something I felt the need to do because of my lost interest in SWTOR and the sheer amount of crazy things going on in the real world at the time that was causing me a great deal of stress. I think recording videos of Squadrons would have helped to nullify my issue of not having my pilots represented in-game, as I could have simply edited the videos in a way that helped represent my pilots more.

I'm always willing to come back, but a few things are going to need to happen before that does, and one of them is that my interest in SWTOR needs to return. I've always struggled with finding a decent part of the community that engages in PvE content with the same enthusiasm as I'd like to. Without that, there is really not much else for me to do or care to do rather than play GSF once in a while, since it is a game mode completely independent from the gearing system, the need to group, and the need to subscribe.

I warmly recommend you taking a closer look at Emperor's Hammer and their Tie Corps tbh! Judging by your writings, I think you totally have the..heart strings to really enjoy what they are doing!

Aye. I'll consider it.