Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware, have you been changing things while the game is live?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware, have you been changing things while the game is live?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TrixxieTriss
02.07.2021 , 06:15 AM | #1
Things have gotten harder in master mode uprisings since 2 days ago. And they seemed to be harder as the week’s progressed. Are you guys using the live server as a PTS now to balance the uprising patch?

My wife and I have been running these for the last 2 months and do about 16 a day as a tandem with companions. So we are pretty familiar with how the mobs behave and how much damage the bosses do and the mechanics. Today has been a real eye opener on master mode because they all seem to have gotten harder all of a sudden.

As an example, Inferno on master mode was ok at the start of the week, still harder than last week, but still playable. Then 2 days ago seemed to get much harder and today is impossible. The first boss in the inferno map, now continuously stuns you every 2-3 seconds. We got past after 3 wipes. Then the second boss is impossible to pass. He instant kills your companions now and there is nothing you can do.

2 days ago we could do inferno on master mode and make it to the last boss fight. The fight was harder than usual and we wiped once, but then got through it ok. Now we can’t even get to those bosses to report if you’ve changed anything there. This uprising map was completely playable last week and early this week. But not now.

Also, noticed that many of the Star Fortress maps are backwards today and the graphics are weird and walls reflective in some areas I’m looking straight into space. When I say backwards, I mean you start in what feels like the wrong position and progress backwards. We’ve been doing them all week and I do know that they aren’t always the same, just today’s ones felt really wrong and they were extra buggy.

Both my wife and are also experiencing a bug since yesterday that when you mouse over your gear it shows no stats at all and you have to control U twice to fix it. This doesn’t last though as the bug comes back if you swap Alts.
Honestly, it feels like we are playing on the PTS version today vs the live version a couple of days ago.

And there is some really weird activation lag going on since the server maintenance with abilities, moving things into and out of storage, listing on the GTN or crafting all has this delay.

These last two points I could put down to network, but the first two issues with uprisings and star fortress makes me think you guys are changing things while the game is live or you’ve got a tech problem that’s degrading settings.

I don’t know what to think is going on. Care to chime in an let us know?

Edit: there is also a visual bug with the guild roster and names keep fading out or disappearing until you mouse over them.

mike_carton
02.07.2021 , 02:40 PM | #2
The visual stuff might respond to a repair of the installation through the launcher.

I'm intrigued by the Star Fortress issues. I like Star Fortresses. If you mention which one and which difficulty, I'll try it out.

I'm giving up on the MM Uprisings. I have all the Uprisings achievements that can be done solo, including many MM ones. But things like the Trial and Error ones (The Legendary Rak Pack), Destroyer of Worlds cannot be done solo; there is little player interest in them as it is, with the absence of GF support not helping. Obviously, making them tougher is going to make them more popular. /s
Click this SWTOR link to create an account or log in and we both earn rewards (7-day Free Subscription, 1 Free Server Transfer, Free JumpStart or Preferred Bundles).

xordevoreaux
02.07.2021 , 02:51 PM | #3
Dev 1: [Points to his monitor] Check this out.
Dev 2: What?
Dev 1: I added a random health boost to this mob.
Dev 2: That wasn't in the specs to do.
Dev 1: Who'll know?
Dev 2: You're not giving players much credit, they know when a fight's gotten tougher.
Dev 1: Oh please! Who'll notice a little difference like this, and it's random for when it shows up? Gimme a break.
Dev 2: Somebody'll notice.
Dev 1: Go eat your doughnut. I got this covered.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
Play the Electronic Arts game Sims4 much? Need a new schmazzy fireplace retexture or really classy piano update?
Check out my Sims4 mods on Nexus.

ThanderSnB
02.07.2021 , 02:58 PM | #4
I haven't done master uprisings, so I haven't experienced those bugs. The story ones seem to be working fine other than the bug in fractured where the final boss randomly disappears, but that's bug's been there for months if not years.

I've done Star Fortresses all week and didn't notice anything different, but I'm not good with details. I've never payed attention to the maps. I just follow the quest marker to get them done because they are pretty boring to me. I'm only doing them for the conquest points. I would do regular vet flashpoints if they gave the same points.

I have noticed ability lag randomly. I always check my latency but it's been good except for one time. The servers are probably just overloaded because of this week's conquest event. Lots of guilds pushing conquest because they have a chance to get the achievement and won't get another chance for another year when this event comes around next.

I've seen the guild roster fade bug for months. For me it happens if the guild roster has a lot of member listed. Whether it's a bunch of members online or you view offline members and there's a large number). If there's only 10 online it's very rare I see that bug. When it happens it also tends to mess up my normal chat windows as well. Closing the guild roster and scrolling the chat a little seems to fix the chat window, but the bug can come back when the guild roster is open. I'm wondering if it's a memory issue. Like the game is coded to use only x memory for UI but a large roster is too much and it causes weird display bugs.

TrixxieTriss
02.07.2021 , 06:15 PM | #5
I should be clear. The story and veteran uprisings seem unchanged. If anything, the story ones seem a little easier this week, but that’s harder to quantify.

There are only two of us online in our guild at the moment. So the maximum amount of people logged in is no more than two. The guild roster page is bugged even with one of us logged in. We have two small family guild and no more than 130 characters. I wouldn’t call that a large roster.

I’ve another thread regarding the activation lag issues. I’ve tested and reduced a lot of it since the maintenance, but it is still there and noticeable.

I’m about to start playing again soon and will check star fortresses and when my wife gets on later, we will do some more uprising tests and see which ones seem to be harder. I will tell you now we don’t do all of them, only the ones we like.

TrixxieTriss
02.07.2021 , 06:25 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
The visual stuff might respond to a repair of the installation through the launcher.

I'm intrigued by the Star Fortress issues. I like Star Fortresses. If you mention which one and which difficulty, I'll try it out.

I'm giving up on the MM Uprisings. I have all the Uprisings achievements that can be done solo, including many MM ones. But things like the Trial and Error ones (The Legendary Rak Pack), Destroyer of Worlds cannot be done solo; there is little player interest in them as it is, with the absence of GF support not helping. Obviously, making them tougher is going to make them more popular. /s
Heroic star fortress difficulty and we started with Alderaan and worked our way through them all last night. The difficulty hasn’t increased, just doing them backwards feels really off putting. As well as the visual bugs when I was too close to the walls in the outer hallways I was looking into space. The surfaces also looks shinier and glossy in some parts where this was happening,

Our favourite uprisings are Inferno and landing party. We’ve done these the most at master mode level. If you’ve ever solo’d inferno on master, you should go test it now. That first boss will stun you to death before you can get him to half health.

DragonSire
02.07.2021 , 07:10 PM | #7
The only issue I had with Star Fortresses was on Solo Mode I was 75...everything was 65 and I got Stronghold drops and not much else....and on Heroic it scaled to 70 and no Stronghold drops...
"Reality is Boring"

TrixxieTriss
02.08.2021 , 03:19 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonSire View Post
The only issue I had with Star Fortresses was on Solo Mode I was 75...everything was 65 and I got Stronghold drops and not much else....and on Heroic it scaled to 70 and no Stronghold drops...
That’s normal.

phalczen
02.08.2021 , 06:42 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
That’s normal.
Which is not the same thing as “working well,” “having correct loot drops,” “is appropriately rewarding,” etc.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

TrixxieTriss
02.08.2021 , 11:45 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
Which is not the same thing as “working well,” “having correct loot drops,” “is appropriately rewarding,” etc.
True. It’s poor by design or lack of thought. But not a bug or Bioware changing things on the fly without a patch.