Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquest Crafting Changes

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ChrisSchmidt
01.29.2021 , 01:27 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi all,

I wanted to discuss some changes we’re bringing to some crafting objectives in Conquests. The full list is below, but I wanted to share some thoughts as to why, and our goals here.

We aim to create engaging, healthy competition and play. One of our goals for how crafting interfaced with Conquests was to allow crafters to contribute in a meaningful way. We took the approach of allowing many of these objectives to be open-ended (aka infinitely repeatable) since they would still be constrained by the resources necessary to craft.

However, we have seen this in practice turn into unhealthy, and often times problematic, play. Many activities around crafting (gathering, missions, the actual crafts) are very repetitive, and could be automated in ways that violate our Terms of Service.

While we think about how crafting and the crafting economy can fit into the greater game in more meaningful ways in the long term, we are making the following changes to promote a more healthy playing environment:
  • New Objective called ‘Crafting: Inventor’ will be added
    • This will be a Weekly and require twice the number of crafts (100)
    • Base Points = 6,400
    • Upon completion opens up to ‘Crafting: Inventor 2’ Daily Objective
  • The former ‘Crafting: Inventor’ Objective will change from an Infinite Repeat to a Daily Repeat
    • Will change names to ‘Crafting: Inventor 2’
    • Base Points = 1,100 (up from 750)
  • ‘Crew Skills: Harvesting’ will change from an Infinite Repeat to a Daily Repeat
    • Base points = 1,100 (up from 750)
  • ‘Crafting: War Supplies’ will change from an Infinite Repeat to a Daily Repeat
    • Base Points = 2,000 (up from 1,100)
  • ‘Crafting: Dark Project Eternal’ will be removed from Conquest as there is already a Daily version
  • ‘Crafting: Aid the War Effort’ will change from an Infinite Repeat to a Daily Repeat
    • Base Points = 3,350 (up from 750)

In addition, we want a bit more equity between professions. Going forward, a ‘craft’ for the purposes of conquest objectives will equal one ‘craft’. Previously a ‘craft’ would count each item in a stack of items crafted, shortcutting our intent for the system.

For example - if a Biochem crafter produces a single craft that consists of a stack of 3 stims:
  • Previous: Conquest objective credits that as 3 crafts
  • New: Conquest objective credits that as 1 craft

All of these updates will arrive in Game Update 6.2.1, currently targeting February. I also wanted to share that we are mindful of making large Conquest changes, after doing so a couple of times last year. We are happy in general with where Conquests stand at the moment, but as a live service will continue to make tweaks as needed (such as these) to promote our goals of engaging, healthy competition and play.

If you would like to read updates on general Guild Conquest changes, please see David’s post here.

Thanks,
-Chris
Chris "BioChris" Schmidt | Design Director
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Kaveat
01.29.2021 , 01:47 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
Goodbye.
Best summation ever, we'll just leave it at that
"Those who place profit above freedom generally end with neither." - Qui-gon
"Live alongside corruption for too long, and you no longer notice the stench" - Yoda
6.2.1 = GIGO [end of line]

Decalin
01.29.2021 , 02:00 PM | #3
Very disappointed with this.

While I am sure this will address the botting that a minority of guilds apparently use, it also just killed crafting conquest for all of the legitimate players.

There were much better ways that this could have been handled.

Tionese
01.29.2021 , 02:01 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaveat View Post
so, more conquest breaking to appease the lazy whinging masses, what a load of poodoo

Just another example of extreme reactions due to a lack of sound short or long term strategies
Yep , same as before.
My sub runs out in a couple of days, and I wont sub again for sure.
Actually, no crafter need to sub anymore since you needed to be a sub to use all 8 companions. Now we can use our money for other games where we can still craft and enjoy that part of the game.

One good thing perhaps is we MIGHT be rid of these whiners for a short while at least. I doubt they will be satisfied for long if they can still not beat the #1 guild. Soon they will shout about something else.
No thanks.
Enjoy the game with the kiddies in the mudpool.

DawnAskham
01.29.2021 , 02:02 PM | #5
Goodbye.

originisgarbage
01.29.2021 , 02:04 PM | #6
If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

...unless it's SWTOR, in which case, "fix" the hell out of it, simply because you can.

Do you guys really believe you have nothing better to do, or do you actually think this is a good thing? Asking for a friend.

Lybus
01.29.2021 , 02:12 PM | #7
I strongly disagree with this change. Such a small, daily repeatable makes crafting almost completely pointless for conquest. It takes countless hours of gathering mats and a huge investment of credits to level up companions and crew skills. This makes all of that time and effort a complete waste. This completely ruins crafting as a viable means of fair, competitive gameplay in terms of conquest. Very disappointed with this.

I don't think invalidating a crafter's hard work by completely stripping them of their power to contribute is the way to go. Very upset with this.

DarkTergon
01.29.2021 , 02:30 PM | #8
Congratulations....You've just killed crafting as a CQ objective....

Go after the cheaters? Heck no, we'll just **** up CQ, that should make the cheaters go away. We are great we thought them a lesson....

Tionese
01.29.2021 , 02:32 PM | #9
Under the 1949 Geneva Conventions, collective punishment is a war crime!!!
The atrocity!!

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cp...girltweet2.jpg

Fluffometer
01.29.2021 , 02:37 PM | #10
I'm not a crafter but it's disappointing to see a reaction. Even if there is evidence of botting in the game this still seems like pandering to the spam whining threads, which is ironic as they were posted by members of some of the guilds that are among the worst influence on the game.
A referral link that makes you glow in the dark and be able to communicate with cats - Clickify Me! Not really - you and I get free stuff.