Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Massive is making a new open world star wars game.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Massive is making a new open world star wars game.

vingmotor
01.14.2021 , 12:57 PM | #1
what you guys think? dont have a link but becouse my keyboard is messed up. go figure.
anyways i love this. its the guys from division 1 and 2 . they are gonna use the frostbyte engine i think.

ceryxp
01.14.2021 , 01:06 PM | #2
It was included in the interview that was done with Douglas Reilly, VP of Lucasfilm Games. I have not played any of their games, so excitement will have to wait until I know more about the game. Will this just be Assassin's Creed in space with laser swords? Will it be Tom Clancy in space with laser swords? Will they come up with something unique? Will it be more RPG focused, action/adventure focused, or a mix of elements? There are some interesting possibilities, but too little is known now to be excited.

https://www.starwars.com/news/lucasfilm-games-interview
~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Friends of SWTOR Referral program - My Referral Link
New players can get a Jumpstart Bundle. Returning players can get a Preferred Friends Bundle & 7-days of premium time. Bundles are given on first use only.

CrazyScruffy
01.14.2021 , 01:14 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by vingmotor View Post
what you guys think? dont have a link but becouse my keyboard is messed up. go figure.
anyways i love this. its the guys from division 1 and 2 . they are gonna use the frostbyte engine i think.
no they are not using frostbite engine thankfully. They are using their Snowdrop engine for it

vingmotor
01.14.2021 , 01:50 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyScruffy View Post
no they are not using frostbite engine thankfully. They are using their Snowdrop engine for it
ok my bad. thanks.

MikeCobalt
01.22.2021 , 04:15 AM | #5
This is the one I'm watching . Open World, Story Driven, Star Wars. Sounds good so far.

FlameYOL
01.22.2021 , 06:07 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeCobalt View Post
This is the one I'm watching . Open World, Story Driven, Star Wars. Sounds good so far.
Yep, definitely exciting
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Nee-Elder
01.23.2021 , 05:01 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
Yep, definitely exciting
I was personally hoping for a sandbox 'SWG-2' type mmorpg so i'm not that excited now tbh.

However, i would like to get more excited, so can someone please compare this to some other previous similar type games?

Are we talking like , for example, 'Skyrim' but the STAR WARS version?
Never tell me the odds! - (1-time Referral: *CODE*)

FlameYOL
01.24.2021 , 10:06 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Nee-Elder View Post
I was personally hoping for a sandbox 'SWG-2' type mmorpg so i'm not that excited now tbh.

However, i would like to get more excited, so can someone please compare this to some other previous similar type games?

Are we talking like , for example, 'Skyrim' but the STAR WARS version?
We don't know much about it but considering its an Ubisoft game I would expect it to be something similar to Assassin's Creed or the Division 2, since the studio that develops the latter is the same working on this new game.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

SlthBounteHuntah
01.24.2021 , 04:27 PM | #9
I don't know what to think. I'm not the biggest fan of Ubisoft these days and the only game from Massive Entertainment that I played was World in Conflict and the expansion Soviet Assault. I really enjoyed both of them however they were strategy games, not open world games.

I wonder what era it will be set during? My money's on the clone wars.

The Starfleet is a sea. It is endless, cannot be beaten, and given enough time turns even the strongest rocks to sand.

MikeCobalt
01.24.2021 , 08:15 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SlthBounteHuntah View Post
I wonder what era it will be set during? My money's on the clone wars.

This is also what I'm wondering. Classic StormTroopers (My fav), Clone troopers at some stage of their armor or First Order Troopers? Who is the "Big bad Guy(s)", what state are the Good Guys? So many questions
Skyrim would be a good example for Open World, Story Driven. Just not one Province but half of a Galaxy.