Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Carnage/Combat: Nice but not enough.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Carnage/Combat: Nice but not enough.

Sappharan
01.10.2021 , 08:29 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by nellolello View Post
I mean is it as good as Fury? probably not but its not as trash as you all seem to think. I play combat in ranked atm and is doing allright most games, and you have carry potential to. There are alot of situations where you can secure kills in a hardstun etc.

Perhaps a 6sec cc immunity after blade blitz or something could be cool but. Personally i dont want this spec to become FOTM..

Btw top rated mara on DM atm got there playing carnage.
That Sentinel/Marauder probably had Force Bound and Defel Spliced Genes. If not, I would be VERY interested to know what stats, set, and tactical was used.

nellolello
01.11.2021 , 02:12 PM | #32
He does not play with force bound, and ofcourse you use defel, you're a meme if you dont use it...on any mara spec
From ToFN to TRE to DM to R.I.P Swtor

Sappharan
01.13.2021 , 05:41 PM | #33
He does not play with force bound, and ofcourse you use defel, you're a meme if you dont use it...on any mara spec
More's the pity. A DPS class that relies on a tactical that provides more survivability via escapes. Other than Shadow, is there another class that requires that to be viable?

KendraP
01.13.2021 , 07:23 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Sappharan View Post
More's the pity. A DPS class that relies on a tactical that provides more survivability via escapes. Other than Shadow, is there another class that requires that to be viable?
I mean fury (and to a significantly lesser degree, annhi) maras were in a perfectly good spot before tacticals were a thing... it's basically only carnage that sucks.

ElevenBfour
02.02.2021 , 10:23 PM | #35
I mean is it as good as Fury? probably not but its not as trash as you all seem to think. I play combat in ranked atm and is doing allright most games, and you have carry potential to. There are alot of situations where you can secure kills in a hardstun etc.

Perhaps a 6sec cc immunity after blade blitz or something could be cool but. Personally i dont want this spec to become FOTM..

Btw top rated mara on DM atm got there playing carnage.
This is actually promising to hear. I've been wanting, and have rolled Mara a few times for pvp. What stopped me was that I could just not get into Fury. Carnage on the other hand, i really liked it, but everyone always told me it was garabage in pvp so I just stopped.

I migth start one up again just to play Carange

OM-AR
02.04.2021 , 04:18 AM | #36
I finally got Fanged God form to see how carnage compares to Fury/Anni.
While my end dps is 20k or a bit higher for both Fury\Anni carnage was floating near 18k and even dipping to 17.5k from time to time. That is quite a nasty gap.

This was on a 3.25 mil dummy.
The Red Eclipse:
Marauder: OM'AR Assassin: OMAAR Bounty Hunter: O’maar

Sappharan
02.07.2021 , 11:38 AM | #37
I want Combat to be BURST again. It's a laughing stock spec anymore. Why do developers debuff specs so radically? It will be years before it is viable again...so we're left with Concentration (which is more fun than I thought...but it's not as fun as Combat) or Watchman. They ruined Watchman too.

DavidAtkinson
02.14.2021 , 04:42 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Sappharan View Post
I want Combat to be BURST again. It's a laughing stock spec anymore. Why do developers debuff specs so radically? It will be years before it is viable again...so we're left with Concentration (which is more fun than I thought...but it's not as fun as Combat) or Watchman. They ruined Watchman too.
Because Bioware just doesn't want Carnage to be played in PVP .. and they seem to balance every class based on this.

Just look at Tanks . When is the last time you saw a PT or SIn tank in ranked ? They are gone forever. Bioware wants you play Jugg tank . Sim[le as that. They also want you to play Deception Sin and not Hatred . Also.. Madness is just garbage so you should play Lightning.

In their view the damage gaps on dummy are ok , but you cannot balance classes around dummies that are just static . There are a lot of factors that come into play in the real game but don't expect this to change anytime soon .
Darth Malgus Server
Delusional Marauder Main