Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Accessibility Suggestions

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JackieKo
01.12.2021 , 03:31 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi all,

Just like the title suggests, we would love to hear your suggestions for accessibility. I know that some threads already exist such as this one from Sewolf (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=988390) and I will be adding them here as I find them. Additionally, if y'all see any others, feel free to link them here or add your own suggestions below.

We cannot guarantee that every suggestion is going to be implemented, but we do want to hear about what can improve the game in terms of accessibility.
Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Setokai
01.12.2021 , 03:38 PM | #2
One of things that i personally think would be beneficial, would make certain colors used in certain boss mechanics brighter, for example i have trouble seeing the red circles around my characters feet at times because i have colorblindness that deals with red and green spectrums.
http://www.swtor.com/r/xlcFwx
free stuff for a new or preferred status player
HK-55: Commentary: I am programmed for self-restraint. Usually.
Star Forge Guild site: https://swtorfancommunity.com/guild/132/606781

Jesseriah
01.12.2021 , 03:56 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Setokai View Post
One of things that i personally think would be beneficial, would make certain colors used in certain boss mechanics brighter, for example i have trouble seeing the red circles around my characters feet at times because i have colorblindness that deals with red and green spectrums.
Then they should probably add a seperate option for you to turn on somewhere in the interface section because the AE-Voids for example are already REALLY bright and big and don't really need any change. WoW for example has an option for colorblind people in the graphic section if I remember correctly, so thats something they could do I guess.
Use this Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/8gTtm9 for FREE Gametime, Chartransfer and more!

Dawnsfyre
01.12.2021 , 04:51 PM | #4
As someone with arthritis, could you please do something about the story mode for FPs in the expansions after KotET? They are not easy and they're quite long. You have no idea how reluctant I am to do even easy FPs from earlier in the game simply because I may get most of the way through and have to quit and start over because the difficulty of the combat has left me in too much pain. That's incredibly frustrating.

But the newer (much harder) FPs are required to advance the story. For me (and others I've talked to) it means we've resigned ourselves to never seeing any of the new story personally even though we're still paying for a game sub. I play SWtOR purely for the stories and companions. So much of the newer content now seems intended to exclude or discourage solo players (even though the game was marketed as solo-friendly. (Absolutely nothing will coerce me into playing with a group. Sorry, but I've had really really bad experiences with group play which aren't relevant here.)

These required FPs either need to be truly story mode or something you can quit and return to so everyone can advance the story as a solo player. Preferably both.

AthenaStrife
01.12.2021 , 06:09 PM | #5
never mind

DarkTergon
01.12.2021 , 06:29 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AthenaStrife View Post
/snip
For this, no it doesn't count, it's off topic, and frankly insulting, that you'd use this thread to put forth that. It about making the game more accessible to players with difficulties. Someone finally takes an interest in making the game more disabled friendly, it shouldn't be diverted by other requests. Not saying they are invalid, they just belong in another thread.
{stupid is a hard barrier}
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMlVrbO_mAU&t=19s My Coruscant stronghold
Click for free goodies 💖💖💖💖
Long Live SWTOR!!!!

MadDutchman
01.12.2021 , 06:35 PM | #7
Not sure if this counts but heck i'll share my pitch anyway....
I would Really Like to see more done for Guild Flagships. I know guilds are allowed Strongholds and such, but it's just not the same as being able to bring together your team on the Flagship and travel the Galaxy that you've created for us! I would like to see more utilities and activities that would bring a guild together on their Flagship. There's only 2 things I would like to see for Flagships...

1) I would like to extend the guild Flagship hooks limit from 800 to 1000, for 4 decks on a Flagship 800 is just slightly not enough to bring out full creativity when decorating.
2) A PVP Arena? Apparently Flagships we're supposed to have a PVP arena on them, If we can have those built into the Flagships that would be so cool! I know the Rishi Stronghold has PVP Arena's and that's great! -but it's just not that same.

Thank you for asking for suggestions I know you guys get a lot of flack from players but it means a lot that your listening to us and doing your best.

Sincerely El.
Sorry, but no this has nothing to do with accessibility. Please don't derail a thread just because it has a gold post

I suggest you create a new thread or find an existing one for your suggestions

On topic:
I really hope you manage to work your magic Jackie, because accessibility has been getting worse the last few years, not better (which is especially disappointing since so many other games have finally started taking accessibility at least half seriously)
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Rorrimeht
01.12.2021 , 07:11 PM | #8
One thing that often frustrates me is that there's a lot of conversation in the world that doesn't have directly toggleable subtitles.

Specifically, I'm referring to Overworld NPC conversations, and Flashpoint "announcements" (when you get to a certain point in the world and an NPC says something to your character outside of a full conversation, eg, the final line in Hammer Station, where the enemy announces "Hounds of the Empire..all that power. Yet, you still fear us!")
While the "System Feedback" channel gives subtitles for these, it often gets drowned out by Experience and Item gains, making it hard to read them as they happen

Nightblazer
01.12.2021 , 07:22 PM | #9
/SNIP
Unfortunately this is not what they are referring to. I would make a separate thread in suggestions for it if there isn't another one already.

They are looking for things to help make it better for those with disabilities. Maybe limited use on one arm, color blindness, flashing issues with those prone to seizures, etc.
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

Sydynjaq
01.12.2021 , 07:45 PM | #10
I’m actually really excited to see this thread and I’m very hopeful these suggestions are listened to. I love this game, but at my physical health has declined, it’s becomes almost impossible to play at times.
My main suggestion/request would be to give players the option to turn off flashing/strobing animations. They are absolutely awful for people with photosensitivity like me. As an example, the Stormwatch tactical is a huge offender of this in my opinion- especially when you have multiple lighting sorcs in a group as most raid groups do nowadays.
Another suggestion is being more mindful about how difficult jumping puzzles and extended combat sequences can be for people with joint/mobility issues. It seems lately these things are a requirement in order to progress in individual story. Please leave challenging mobs for the challenging difficulties and make story something that’s accessible to everyone no matter their skill/ability level.
One last suggestion is to make subtitle text larger without having to make your entire UI larger.