Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Queue Ban Changes

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ChrisSchmidt
01.11.2021 , 02:34 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello again!

We have had various discussions around toxicity, especially as it related to PvP (previous thread here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=985281). I wanted to let y’all know about an upcoming change that hopefully very few of you may experience.

Currently, the PvP lockout timer triggered by declining matches or leaving early in Ranked modes, and by being vote kicked in Unranked, prevents players from being able to queue for any PvP activity. This includes Ranked, Unranked and Galactic Starfighter modes.

One of the actions we may take on a player’s account due to violations of the Terms of Service is a seasonal queue ban. This prevents players from being able to queue for Ranked PvP modes for at least the current season.

We are updating this type of queue ban to mirror that of the lockout timer: Players actioned with a queue ban will now be unable to queue for any PvP activity, including Ranked, Unranked, and Galactic Starfighter. This change will be live in game update 6.2.1.

Finally, I wanted to offer thanks to all of you as we continue to find ways to decrease toxicity.

-Chris
Chris "BioChris" Schmidt | Design Director
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Mournblood
01.11.2021 , 02:44 PM | #2

Mourne, Founder

hollowdrum
01.11.2021 , 02:55 PM | #3
Ranked pvp unintentially encourages toxicity, the stakes are much higher since the queues don't pop as often and the game is a lot more reliant on your other team mates to do well then any other of the pvp modes. The way the game mode is designed also encourages toxicity since if you die you can potentially be waiting a long time between matches and with nothing else to do other than alt tabbing, people will instead use this time to be toxic to their team mates.

Also having a ranked and unranked queue fragments the player base.

avenger_online
01.11.2021 , 02:57 PM | #4
Would be effective if the people committing offenses were actually Q locked.

CrazyTough
01.11.2021 , 03:03 PM | #5
So let me get this straight. The people who are currently queue banned from ranked will now be queue banned from all pvp or is this something being enforced from the people who are banned from this point and on?

Also you people should look at yourselves for creating the lion share of toxicity in pvp. Alot of these new pvp rules and changes with this deserters non sense is creating a whole new level of toxicity I never have seen prior to it. You really should think things thru a little better before implementing things like that.

Honestly I liked it alot better when people would leave and be backfilled by different players rather than get stuck playing with a player or in most cases players who don't want to play because they are bitter they cant leave.

The effort put into this is counter productive and has already lead to people I know leaving the game. You went one step forward, but then two steps back.

CrazyTough
01.11.2021 , 03:16 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by hollowdrum View Post
Also having a ranked and unranked queue fragments the player base.
I have been saying this for years. If ALL pvp was rated the same exact way as ranked is this whole entire issue would be gone and ALSO would make pvp so much more exciting and competitive instantly. And use the group and solo aspect as if you are grouped will queued with one or more people it applies towards gruop rating. If you queue by yourself it applies towards solo rating.

Ranked pvp in its current state and the way it has been for years is going to encourage the elite attitudes and constant toxic remarks. It is worse now than ever. Make ranked mainstream and it all disappears. Keep it segregated like it is now and nothing changes. If fact it is more toxic now then I have ever seen it.

KendraP
01.11.2021 , 03:57 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyTough View Post
I have been saying this for years. If ALL pvp was rated the same exact way as ranked is this whole entire issue would be gone and ALSO would make pvp so much more exciting and competitive instantly.
If "all pvp was rated the exact way as ranked is", I'd never queue for pvp again.

mike_carton
01.11.2021 , 04:07 PM | #8
Unranked PvP is not rated. By definition. If it was rated the same way as Ranked PvP, then there would be no Unranked PvP. "If all PvP were rated the same..." seems to demonstrate a problem in understanding the definition of words "ranked" and "unranked."
Click this SWTOR link to create an account or log in and we both earn rewards (7-day Free Subscription, 1 Free Server Transfer, Free JumpStart or Preferred Bundles).

SteveTheCynic
01.12.2021 , 04:10 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by hollowdrum View Post
and the game is a lot more reliant on your other team mates to do well then any other of the pvp modes.
Not exactly. After all, 4v4 unranked Arenas work the same way as 4v4 ranked Arenas.

The key difference is that in Ranked (no matter the format), the consequences of losing a match *matter*, in a way they don't (much) in unranked or GSF. It's not just that you spent time playing the match for no advancement of your daily/weekly mission counter, but also that you lose ELO rating.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
?REDO FROM START

coldfuryboss
01.12.2021 , 06:57 AM | #10
So, for a person like me who plays the game for pvp and pvp only if u do get this ranked banned u basically have to quit the game for a season? if this applys to all pvp modes. Also would like some more specific rules to this harsh ban for being "toxic" because I feel that give the swtor team to much power in these kinda problems. So what I get is for what u to determine is toxic I basically cant play the game. seems like ur kinda making the pvp group of ppl smaller for sake of protecting ppl that are snowflake's and cant take some trash talk