Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stonghold Title Plates

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarkTergon
01.10.2021 , 05:30 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by denavin View Post
Ctrl-U U will clear the banner....
I don't mind it popping up, it's the fact it sticks, or stays too long. It does clear it, but it can also take a few extra seconds, and on even slower computers, at times it can freeze the game :/
{stupid is a hard barrier}
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMlVrbO_mAU&t=19s My Coruscant stronghold
Click for free goodies 💖💖💖💖

Renskedv
01.10.2021 , 05:37 AM | #12
Happened to me so many times as well. Perhaps one day they will do something about it.
- Founder - Satele Shan & Leviathan - Warzone addict -

denavin
01.10.2021 , 05:25 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
I don't mind it popping up, it's the fact it sticks, or stays too long. It does clear it, but it can also take a few extra seconds, and on even slower computers, at times it can freeze the game :/
It doesn't really freeze the game what is does is it redraws your Screen Interface and that can take a little time. Just wait and it will come back to life. It is still better than having the stupid banner On Top of windows and blocking your views. Since BW seems to be incapable or just to lazy to fix it.
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

JackieKo
01.11.2021 , 11:31 AM | #14 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTyranid View Post
The little thing that announces that I have entered my stronghold. Often it will get stuck.

I have recently returned to the game after a long break. This was a problem many years ago. Is there a way to disable it now?

Hey everyone,

Moved this over to the Bug Report sub-forum, so we can track it and keep an eye on the feedback that is coming in. Thanks!
Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SteveTheCynic
01.12.2021 , 04:06 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post
Hey everyone,

Moved this over to the Bug Report sub-forum, so we can track it and keep an eye on the feedback that is coming in. Thanks!
The key feedback, I think, is that this problem has existed ever since the Strongholds feature went live.

A visually identical thing(1) also affects the announcements when you arrive on a Conquestable planet about who won it the previous week.

(1) My long experience as a developer makes me reluctant to say that it *is* the same thing, but it definitely *looks* similar: subject to unguessable conditions, the panel will sometimes get stuck and not fade out, or maybe just take a very long time to fade.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
?REDO FROM START

ceryxp
01.12.2021 , 08:57 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
A visually identical thing(1) also affects the announcements when you arrive on a Conquestable planet about who won it the previous week.
The same banner affects non-Conquestable planets, as well. Coruscant, for example, can not be invaded, but the same Conquest banner shows upon arrival and can become stuck on the screen. The non-conquerable planets say that no guild controls that planet.

JackieKo. I am only speaking for myself at this moment, but many people have expressed a similar preference. I would love an option to simply disable those banners (both stronghold owner and planet conqueror) completely. I do not need a reminder that I am in my own stronghold when I enter my own stronghold, if I visit a stronghold I do so by choosing to go there so already know that I am entering someone else's stronghold, and I absolutely do not care which guild controls which planet as the Conquest invasion system is limited to a select few guilds due to the current system for allocating wins. Besides which you can can see which guild controls which planet on the Guild Invasion tab. Please allow us to turn them off.
~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Friends of SWTOR Referral program - My Referral Link
New players can get a Jumpstart Bundle. Returning players can get a Preferred Friends Bundle & 7-days of premium time. Bundles are given on first use only.

SteveTheCynic
01.12.2021 , 09:47 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
The same banner affects non-Conquestable planets, as well. Coruscant, for example, can not be invaded, but the same Conquest banner shows upon arrival and can become stuck on the screen. The non-conquerable planets say that no guild controls that planet.
Good point. I *have* seen the non-Conquestable ones, but forgot about them.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
?REDO FROM START

CommunityTeam
01.12.2021 , 10:07 AM | #18 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi folks,

Thanks for your reports concerning the Stronghold Title Plates.

Our team is currently looking into it. I'll update you when I know more.
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Xina_LA
Yesterday , 09:57 AM | #19
The stronghold label display (title plate) gets stuck for me if I click it at any point before it disappears, which includes click-throughs from other windows.

For example:
1) Teleport into my stronghold. Title plate comes up.
2) Run over to the GTN and open it up. The window overlaps the title plate.
3) Click a column header in the GTN to sort, which is above the title plate.

Voila. It never disappears.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

ceryxp
Yesterday , 10:06 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
The stronghold label display (title plate) gets stuck for me if I click it at any point before it disappears, which includes click-throughs from other windows.

For example:
1) Teleport into my stronghold. Title plate comes up.
2) Run over to the GTN and open it up. The window overlaps the title plate.
3) Click a column header in the GTN to sort, which is above the title plate.

Voila. It never disappears.
The one (almost always) reliable way I have found to make that banner disappear is as soon as I load into a stronghold, before I move, jump and then press Shift+M to open the galaxy map. Almost always the banner fades out. If I move first sometimes what will happen is the banner will fade whilst the galaxy map is open but will come back once the map is closed.

I still wish I could just turn it off.
~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Friends of SWTOR Referral program - My Referral Link
New players can get a Jumpstart Bundle. Returning players can get a Preferred Friends Bundle & 7-days of premium time. Bundles are given on first use only.