Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Carnage/Combat: Nice but not enough.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Carnage/Combat: Nice but not enough.

Werronious
08.08.2020 , 04:33 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Sappharan View Post
After playing Combat (Carnage) for awhile, I saw the overwhelming stuns, roots, snares, and knockbacks...and I elected to return to Concentration (Fury). Concentration just does not hit that hard (neither do any of the Sentinel specs) and yeah, the developers need to do better with Sentinel. Oh, they can perform well with a great healer, but without one, PvP is a slog. You're right, the class is not much fun at present. The luster of playing again has worn off.
Well you are right, from 1 min of fight i am cced like 50 sec. Theres 10 sec of fight that i can do some dps.

But what Ive seen Pacify and Lance does not do anything from the tooltips. 90% minus accuracy and i am getting dmged all the times (they are not immune, and from what ive seen it only works on sentinels and guardians) , Lance using on operatives and everything does not do anything, they can dodge roll and escape everything.... whats the point of those 2 skills which most of the times doesent do anything. Ok pacify for conc/fury does good thing giving cc imunity, but on carnage/combat is garbage. .... carnage/combatneed some big dmg boost burst like PT have to be actually super fun...

I am sick of Concentration....do something about combat/carnage!

Sappharan
08.09.2020 , 06:08 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Werronious View Post
Well you are right, from 1 min of fight i am cced like 50 sec. Theres 10 sec of fight that i can do some dps.

But what Ive seen Pacify and Lance does not do anything from the tooltips. 90% minus accuracy and i am getting dmged all the times (they are not immune, and from what ive seen it only works on sentinels and guardians) , Lance using on operatives and everything does not do anything, they can dodge roll and escape everything.... whats the point of those 2 skills which most of the times doesent do anything. Ok pacify for conc/fury does good thing giving cc imunity, but on carnage/combat is garbage. .... carnage/combatneed some big dmg boost burst like PT have to be actually super fun...

I am sick of Concentration....do something about combat/carnage!
Lance does not seem to do anything but mediocre damage. It certainly does not seem to stop operatives getting away.

It's not pacify that gives CC immunity, it's Force Exhaustion, but you probably know that, so I am being pedantic here. I know what you mean.

You're right. Carnage/Combat DEFINITELY needs a significant burst damage boost, and some CC immunity help.

Spasi
08.12.2020 , 03:40 PM | #23
Finally i can actually use the forums again. Anyways, just as predicted even with the buffs Combat/Carnage is still absolute dogsh*t in both pvp and pve. What a surprise. I think at this point the spec really does need to be reworked. Every time i try to play it i just end up regretting it. At the end of the day we can only pray to Bioware overlords to do something about it but considering their track record of leaving NEARLY A DECADE OLD BUGS in the game, it's unlikely we're getting more than just another small dps buff. Sad how sent/mara specs were completely gutted and their personality stripped away. Prob not only Sent/mara got that treatment. Probably done so that the game's more easily balanced, which is prime irony considering the game is far more unbalanced now then its ever been.

Sappharan
08.13.2020 , 08:15 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Spasi View Post
the game is far more unbalanced now then its ever been.
Certainly feels that way, and I am not alone in that opinion.

RACATW
11.23.2020 , 06:12 PM | #25
Ever since they "reworked" (destroyed) gore, it's been a pointless spec to play in PvP. The fact that people were using gore in that way despite your intentions shows that the spec needed help, not that it needed to be "reworked" in that way.

Carnage still desperately needs help. But why do I care? I've said that until I stopped subscribing out of frustration with the constant huttball matches and lack of attention to class balancing. Countless posts asking for Carnage to be given something seem to have done nothing.

Sappharan
11.27.2020 , 03:48 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by RACATW View Post
Ever since they "reworked" (destroyed) gore, it's been a pointless spec to play in PvP. The fact that people were using gore in that way despite your intentions shows that the spec needed help, not that it needed to be "reworked" in that way.

Carnage still desperately needs help. But why do I care? I've said that until I stopped subscribing out of frustration with the constant huttball matches and lack of attention to class balancing. Countless posts asking for Carnage to be given something seem to have done nothing.
When did they destroy Gore? The armor penetration on Imperial side has been renamed for Marauder. "Gore" is now the equivalent of Lance (I cannot check right now but I am almost certain of this). Precision, the 100% armor penetration, is called something other than "Gore" on Marauder side.

When I had come back to the game, they changed the name of the 100% armor penetration on Marauder side for some reason, and that confused me and it took me a few moments to realize that it had been renamed.

Gore has been renamed FURY. Weird decision, but that is what has happened.

Ardarell_Solo
12.12.2020 , 05:33 AM | #27
I think rotation wise the specc plays nicely now with the armout penetration stack system, especially with the fanged god form tactial. The problem is just its dps is too low and it's too susceptible to cc/stuns in PvP. Since damage is distributed fairly unevenly to abilities in comparison to other specc, it's probably not a good idea to buff damage of abilities used during armour penetration, although that would improve burst which used to be the speccs trademark. A good compromise might be buffing Blade Rushs/Massacres dps by sth around 20-25%.
El'ethon - Sentinel <Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> Tulak Hord

Reiks
12.27.2020 , 05:50 PM | #28
I just left this game because I cannot play competitively using combat .
The game designer of this game sucks... They just can't balance the classes for pvp...

Sappharan
12.27.2020 , 10:08 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Reiks View Post
I just left this game because I cannot play competitively using combat .
The game designer of this game sucks... They just can't balance the classes for pvp...
Without CC immunity it makes the class/spec combination particularly painful to play at times. Sadly, Concentration is best presently. I have FINALLY started to make sense of the spec. It's just play style, and Concentration did not fit mine for the longest time. Now, however, I am finding it flows more smoothly than I originally thought. Give it a try. Maybe you will have fun. Combat, right now, is not much fun at all.

nellolello
01.08.2021 , 07:39 PM | #30
I mean is it as good as Fury? probably not but its not as trash as you all seem to think. I play combat in ranked atm and is doing allright most games, and you have carry potential to. There are alot of situations where you can secure kills in a hardstun etc.

Perhaps a 6sec cc immunity after blade blitz or something could be cool but. Personally i dont want this spec to become FOTM..

Btw top rated mara on DM atm got there playing carnage.
From ToFN to TRE to DM to R.I.P Swtor