(Life Day) Wookie Hugging Achievement??

Eyvaera

Last year/last Life Day event I spent far, far too long hugging 1000 wookies for the Wookie Hugging Champion achievement and title, because... well, it's cool. This year there's a new achievement! Hug Everlasting for 1500 wookies hugged. So just 500 more, right? Okay, I can do that.

...I thought, until I saw the new achievement isn't culmulative. It says 0/1500 wookies hugged. I presume anyone who didn't do the event last year would get the achievement for 1000 wookies hugged along the way to getting 1500, so in total they would be hugging... 1500 wookies, not 2500 wookies.

Why is it like this?? Is it supposed to be like this, or is it bugged? Why punish the people who got the original achievement last year by making them do it all over again? And, additionally, what reason do I have to complete these things when there's no guarantee that this situation won't occur again next year?

Love the event, love the wookies, really don't want to do it 1500 times again instead of just 500 more.

Yeah it was already covered in other threads, its just nonsence! Sure, no one is forcing you to do it, but still, why make us hate this??

Maybe covered but has it be answered yet? No one is forcing and agreed but why have a BROKEN achievement if not cumulative? I guess better just put a ticket to CS and hope they reply.

Maybe covered but has it be answered yet? No one is forcing and agreed but why have a BROKEN achievement if not cumulative? I guess better just put a ticket to CS and hope they reply.

no, it hasn't been answered, as far as I've seen, and it has been given out about a lot.

I suspect the purpose of this is to push down the longer-playing players on the achievement ladder and to give a leg-up to the newer players coming in through Steam. I see the login rewards as being part of that; they're stuff that longer-playing players will not need but will help brand-new players. (The low level Stims, Social Point consumables, 3K Credit packs,...). At least the login rewards don't actively discriminate against anybody. Edited by mike_carton

I suspect the purpose of this is to push down the longer-playing players on the achievement ladder and to give a leg-up to the newer players coming in through Steam. I see the login rewards as being part of that; they're stuff that longer-playing players will not need but will help brand-new players. (The low level Stims, Social Point consumables, 3K Credit packs,...). At least the login rewards don't actively discriminate against anybody.

Good assumption. It sucks having to grind aimlessly and hope they will respond or acknowledge that is not a bug.

Edited by Christie_Swift

I'll admit, I'd be disappointed if it turns out to be a feature and not a bug. Almost posted this in the bug forum instead, but I couldn't be sure if it was intentional.

It irks me mostly because it takes all the fun out of it. It took me a long time to get to 1000 before, and that's not counting my computer breaking in the middle of my attempt. But I was determined and installed SWTOR on an old one to keep going (I really had nothing else to do over Christmas, and I was stubborn), and in the end I was rather pleased to get there. Now it's saying I have to do all that again, and it's a little disheartening.

It irks me mostly because it takes all the fun out of it. It took me a long time to get to 1000 before, and that's not counting my computer breaking in the middle of my attempt. But I was determined and installed SWTOR on an old one to keep going (I really had nothing else to do over Christmas, and I was stubborn), and in the end I was rather pleased to get there. Now it's saying I have to do all that again, and it's a little disheartening.

It really is not fun at all. It's beyond grindy, it just makes your hands hurt because of the terribleness involved in getting a hug lined up and swapping toons in order to defeat the long cool downs. It's just unnecessary. Why don't you make cool achievements that are fun and not just mindlessly irksome.

From what I am hearing, nobody begins this last achievement with progress. So if you completed Wookiee Hugging Champion last year or only had 35 hugs toward it, that still remains toward the old achievements, but the new one starts at 0.

I agree with everybody that this should be cumulative and believe that the progress not carrying over is an unintended bug that should be fixed. If I recall, over the years, bugs that occur around this time don't necessarily get attention until after the new year.

I, personally, have no problem with grindy achievements. If the plan is to require 2500 hugs for Hugs Eternal, then change the text, but restore the progress everybody already has made.

Hi folks,

As mentioned in the following thread: Hugged Wookies from last year don't count for new Hug 1500 Wookies achievement?, this is working as intended.

We have passed along your feedback regarding this Achievement.

Not a good idea, no matter whose idea it was. Those achievements from last year should be included. You will always have new players but you don't punish your older players either.

BTW: I didn't do it so it is not reflective on me but for those that already did it. I think it is unfair to them.

Hi folks,

As mentioned in the following thread: Hugged Wookies from last year don't count for new Hug 1500 Wookies achievement?, this is working as intended.

Could you elaborate what is intended?

A new player does 1000 gets the 1st Wookie Hugging Champion

Same new player does 500 extra and gets the 2nd Hug Everlasting.

So a new player will only need 1500 in total or will it reset even for a new player too?

How can that be fair for an older player that has the 1st unlocked at 1000 but now must do 1500 to get the 2nd one unlocked. This means 2500?

Is this intended just for older players?

Thanks

Edited by Christie_Swift

Hi folks,

I wish the devs would play the game they are trying to create. They should be made do all this stuff first before released, if they did, half of these crappy ideas would never get to the live service.

As they said before, I would like the complete recording of the developer that came up with the idea doing the achievement this Christmas.

I logged in on Tuesday ready to enjoy Life Day but, after seeing this, I logged out. I don't think I'll play SWTOR this Christmas after hugging 1000 wookies last year. We are talking of 75hugs/day: that's not how I want to spend my holidays.

I don't know why, but it has really pissed me off. :mad:

I don't know why, but it has really pissed me off. :mad:

I can tell you why, it was an asinine decision , that some non gamer, non player pulled out of his 'donkey'

to get us to run around for hours 'playing' the game, so they can say we 'played' without actually giving us content to do it with.

I enjoy achievements, and hunt them regularly, but some of the new ones are so bad, I just can't be bothered. The only time I've hugged wookies this week was because I was short some CQ points, and happened to be on Nar shadda. This achievement for me will remain unfinished

Just a terrible decision. Hugging 1000 wookies was bad enough. 2500? Absolutely not.

First off, the title you get is horrendous. 2500 wookies for a terrible, terrible title. Ummmm....NO.

Why not come up with a better title, laziness, instead of 2500 wookies total make the terrible title achievement 2500 wookies but include the previous achieves. Like most other similar achieves. Why this great departure?