Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Organizing Forums

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JackieKo
12.16.2020 , 02:44 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello everyone,

I can't believe we're in the middle of the week already. What is time?

Wanted to let you all know that I'm going to be working on cleaning up some of the threads here. Some examples of what I and the team will be doing are:

- Moving posts to the appropriate forum such as bug report threads to the Bug Report Forum

- Locking threads that have had no activity in over 6 months

- Locking duplicate threads

This will be a good start to organizing the forums as a whole. Don't worry, we aren't going to change everything overnight. This process will take some time and I have no intention of interrupting the flow of your conversations. I wanted to give you all a heads up of what will be happening so you aren't caught by surprise.

I also want to use this movement to keep threads organized in the future as well! If you have any other suggestions in this arena, feel free to comment or send me a PM.
Jackie | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

jedimasterjac
12.16.2020 , 03:14 PM | #2
Thanks for doing this! It's a really welcome step, I think.
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.
Feel like I've said something good? Click my referral link for free goodies!

DarkTergon
12.16.2020 , 03:30 PM | #3
Definitely a step in the right direction, just a small suggestion. Some of the user threads (Love/hate) threads often go quiet, some for more than 6 months, but then spring back to life. So if possible, can you keep them open.

Kaveat
12.16.2020 , 03:52 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
Definitely a step in the right direction, just a small suggestion. Some of the user threads (Love/hate) threads often go quiet, some for more than 6 months, but then spring back to life. So if possible, can you keep them open.
Indeed, suggestion forum should remain open. Its the one room where we actually want necro-threads.

Think of it this way, its like an asylum, where some ideas have to be kept for the well being of others.
If you lock their threads, this might encourage them to migrate elsewhere...

I will also note that due to undisclosed reasons on your side, many posts in the bugs forum are also valid for longer than 6 months. Unless you are definitively stating that the issue in the OP, or related 'murphy grenade' effect(s) reports, have been categorically fixed and should not happen ever again...
"Those who place profit above freedom generally end with neither." - Qui-gon
"Live alongside corruption for too long, and you no longer notice the stench" - Yoda
6.2.1 = GIGO [end of line]

SoontirMorillo
12.16.2020 , 04:16 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post
Some examples of what I and the team will be doing are:

- Locking duplicate threads
Please don't delete my favourites...like "Is SWTOR dying (2012)?", "Is SWTOR dying (2013)?", "Is SWTOR dying (2014)?", etc. At first glance all this threads look a like, but i swear, there are fine nuances to be found. And honestly...it's always nice to re-discuss an old topic. Like life day is coming every year...so are these kind of threads.

Have fun. Cleaning up our mess from the last years isn't easy.

jedimasterjac
12.16.2020 , 04:29 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SoontirMorillo View Post
Please don't delete my favourites...like "Is SWTOR dying (2012)?", "Is SWTOR dying (2013)?", "Is SWTOR dying (2014)?", etc. At first glance all this threads look a like, but i swear, there are fine nuances to be found. And honestly...it's always nice to re-discuss an old topic. Like life day is coming every year...so are these kind of threads.

Have fun. Cleaning up our mess from the last years isn't easy.
I really enjoyed the "SWTOR will not last a year" threads from Dec 2011. Probably my personal highlights.

WYMAS
12.16.2020 , 07:19 PM | #7
Charge On, My Lady!!!
... Charge On!

LasagnaSurfer
12.16.2020 , 08:00 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post

- Locking threads that have had no activity in over 6 months
The rest is fine but this trend is the stupidest one that forum moderators ever came up with. This is NOT a chat room. You know how many times I go to reddit with a question that was never answered but there was some conversation on it but because of this ridiculous locking threads policy we lose that entire part of the discussion because I have to make a new thread?

It's dumb. Don't do it.
Zwoop <Harbingers of Valhalla> & <Raiders of Valhalla>
Satele Shan's Viking Guilds of Distinction
twitch.tv/zwoopity

LasagnaSurfer
12.16.2020 , 08:03 PM | #9
I realize that came off angry. So let me amend: Please.
Zwoop <Harbingers of Valhalla> & <Raiders of Valhalla>
Satele Shan's Viking Guilds of Distinction
twitch.tv/zwoopity

jedimasterjac
12.16.2020 , 09:26 PM | #10
You can still read a locked thread, though. You just can't reply to it.