Payday Blaster Pistol. Royally pissed off.

Lord_Shock

Sound doesn't play in preview. Anyways as far as the post goes... I'm not exactly sure what constitutes "correctly" except for what the developers intended. That said this seems more and more to be a constant in CM releases. The "I love it" and "I hate it" threads inevitably pop up. Especially when something is changed. Perfect example is the Dark Honor Guard saber. When it was released the thing sounds like a doorbell (still does) and threads popped up complaining and what happened? Numerous counter posts about "I LOVE IT!". Same can be said about items that have voice modulation like the Infamous Bounty Hunter helmet. Plenty of posts about "I love it" and "I hate it!". The only real solution to making EVERYONE happy is allowing players to choose their own sound effects for modulations like a tuning. That all said as much as I would love for this to happen odds are against it.

Yeah, second the not being able to preview sounds in the window. Not sure where that came from.

The sound effect thing is doable, I think. And profitable for EA/Bioware, just as much as Weapon Tunings can be. Adding a slot to weapons, have a crew skill craft basic ones (such as dyes for artifice) but then also sell new ones on the CM.

Would you say the DT-11 has a unique sound? You saying that it isn't like the Payday used to sound does make it seem like it was an honest mistake and not what OP is saying Bioware did.

Lol. Sorry, I should have been more precise. What I meant was: I still choose to believe that the Payday Blaster now using the exact same sound as the Gambler's Luck is an honest mistake. They tried fixing something on the gun, didn't work on the first attempt. They'll try again. I hope. At least that's what I choose to believe until Bioware tells me otherwise.

With regards to the DT-11: It sounds like an average blaster. I'm not thrilled, but it's alright.

I still think, sound tunings would be nice.

Lol. Sorry, I should have been more precise. What I meant was: I still choose to believe that the Payday Blaster now using the exact same sound as the Gambler's Luck is an honest mistake. They tried fixing something on the gun, didn't work on the first attempt. They'll try again. I hope. At least that's what I choose to believe until Bioware tells me otherwise.

With regards to the DT-11: It sounds like an average blaster. I'm not thrilled, but it's alright.

I still think, sound tunings would be nice.

Thanks for the response. After picking up the DT-11 last night, it has the same sound effect as Mischief (another platinum weapon). Also not thrilled since I already have Mischief.

I do also think it was an honest mistake at this point since the DT-11 doesn't have the Payday sound, so hopefully it gets rectified at some point. 6.2a doesn't have a fix for it...so we shall see :confused:

... I'd like to try that, but I have no idea how and where. Is that something to do here in the forum or ingame? Forgive me if it's something rather obvious to know or find out. I've had a busy day and way too little sleep. So I'd be rather grateful if you could simply point me the way.

Last but not least with regards to how some here choose to pick their words: I hope you won't be mad at me if I decide for myself to remain polite.Thank you.

You can reply to them from here, or just message support@swtor.com, explain the issue, and ask them to forward it to keith or eric. They are very good that way, I've had issues escalated to the CM's, and they've responded.

EDIT: A sound tuning has been asked for before, not sure how far down the suggestion list it has gone, but you can start a new topic yourself, or find the old one, and add to it. You'll have plenty of support, as a lot of people would like to see it.

Edited by DarkTergon

I'll say it again.

The sound effect of the following items will now be correctly played:.........

Not the correct sound will not be played. But the sound will now play correctly. There never was an issue with it it played n flowed well with ones rotation. Even sounded appropriate for a gun of that design with the slide moving back n forth.

They changed the sound entirely. Not because of some bug or error that never existed. They changed it because it sounded good and they wanted to peddle another item on the cartel market.

Bioware like many other companies these days for quite some time now have adopted money in hand pay to win kind of economics. I have slim to no experience or knowledge in that area but I can tell you this it would be far more profitable for them to start creating stuff that looks good and sounds good instead of items that look like they were designed by someone wearing protective headgear their entire lives I.E wings fins antenna's backpacks oversized shoulders or items with restrictive or horrible dye jobs all just so they can peddle more of their stuff.

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

So there are a couple of things at play here that I will try to explain. First off, let's start with specific patch note from Game Update 6.2:

"The sound effect of the following items will now be correctly played:

• Basilisk War Mount
  • Hoverturret Devastator
  • Payday Blaster Pistol
  • Amban JP Blaster Rifle
  • Sienar Drexl Mount
  • Desert Mudhorn Mount"

This was only an internal bug, not something that was ever live. In some of our internal environments certain audio effects were not working, so this internal bug report was created to flag and fix that. Unfortunately this got added in with our actual patch notes for live changes. We have now removed this errant patch note.

Coincidentally, at the same time an actual bug appeared for the Payday Blaster Pistol, changing its audio. These two events happening at once made it look like this was an intended change, which it was not at all. The team is working to have a fix in place in a future update (currently targeting 6.2.1 as of now). For the record, the intended and proper sound for the Payday Blaster Pistol can be found in this article. The team is working to get everything properly sorted out!

Edited by DanielSteed

Coincidentally, at the same time an actual bug appeared for the Payday Blaster Pistol, changing its audio. These two events happening at once made it look like this was an intended change, which it was not at all. The team is working to have a fix in place in a future update (currently targeting 6.2.1 as of now). For the record, the intended and proper sound for the Payday Blaster Pistol can be found in this article. The team is working to get everything properly sorted out!

Thank you! That is quite reliefing to hear. Or ... well, read. :)

Being annoyed about this is understandable.

Stooping to insults and wild, illogical conspiracy theories is not.

If you want them to do something about it, start by being polite and reasonable. Contact one of the community managers and express your disappointment and frustration (in a polite and reasonable manner), perhaps include before and after sound effects for their convenience.

Well said. I totally agree. There is a saying, when it comes to complaining "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar". OP should try being nice about it - there is little to be gained by throwing your toys out of your pram.

It would be nice if you could have your prefered choice of sound and apply it to whichever weapon it applies to.

Well said. I totally agree. There is a saying, when it comes to complaining "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar". OP should try being nice about it - there is little to be gained by throwing your toys out of your pram.

It would be nice if you could have your prefered choice of sound and apply it to whichever weapon it applies to.

Well, I see I was wrong the guy got a a gold post to his rant - more than I ever got!! - Too nice for my own good!

As you were.:o

Hey everyone!

So there are a couple of things at play here that I will try to explain. First off, let's start with specific patch note from Game Update 6.2:

"The sound effect of the following items will now be correctly played:

• Basilisk War Mount
  • Hoverturret Devastator
  • Payday Blaster Pistol
  • Amban JP Blaster Rifle
  • Sienar Drexl Mount
  • Desert Mudhorn Mount"

This was only an internal bug, not something that was ever live. In some of our internal environments certain audio effects were not working, so this internal bug report was created to flag and fix that. Unfortunately this got added in with our actual patch notes for live changes. We have now removed this errant patch note.

Are you guys ever going to acknowledge and fix the issues with disappearing holsters? I didn't pay real money for bugged items.

• Dev Post
Well, I see I was wrong the guy got a a gold post to his rant - more than I ever got!! - Too nice for my own good!

As you were.:o

Your original sentiment remains true. Outside of posting in a forum setting, people in general respond to healthy interactions more often. This thread as whole did benefit with the information Dan responded with. We do moderate posts and enforce the Rules of Conduct when needed, and we encourage people to follow them so we have a healthy community here.

Bottom line, always continue to offer constructive feedback. It's greatly appreciated!

Your original sentiment remains true. Outside of posting in a forum setting, people in general respond to healthy interactions more often. This thread as whole did benefit with the information Dan responded with. We do moderate posts and enforce the Rules of Conduct when needed, and we encourage people to follow them so we have a healthy community here.

Bottom line, always continue to offer constructive feedback. It's greatly appreciated!

Oh, so that's why my questions never get answers, because I'm not being "nice" when I ask why premium items that have been bugged for years never get fixed. I'm sure they've been bug reported hundreds of times, but yeah, just ignore it and hope it goes away, don't worry about telling your paying customers why you continue to sell bugged items.

Stop selling guns with holsters if you're never going to fix the disappearing holster bug for dual wielders...

Constructive Feedback: The offhand gun's holster consistently disappears and is easily reproduceable, this has been happening for years, ever since the first blasters with holsters were added to the game.

Fix it.

I would still really love to know why you keep selling guns with bugged holsters, and if you're EVER going to do anything to fix them. It's literally been years since you released the first ones, and they've all been bugged, the offhand holster consistently disappears for dual wielders (gunslingers and mercenaries).