Cartel Market Item BUG: Redeemed Revan's Lightsaber

RivenDamascus

I have noticed that the new Redeemed Revan's Lightsaber is completely bugged a bit. I am not sure if this was a decision made by the developers or if this is truly a bug. But the saber itself is completely DULL in color. All of the light sabers have a bright light and Revans does not. Is this truly a bug or developer choice?

Dull Light Emittance

Yes i tested and Redeemed Revans Lightsaber is the ONLY lightsaber that does not have "illumination" You can take any other lightsaber and see it illuminates the side of your characters body/armor with same color as the crystal. Redeemed Revan's Lightsaber is the only one that does not do this hence why it appears fainter than any other lightsaber.

I have noticed that the new Redeemed Revan's Lightsaber is completely bugged a bit. I am not sure if this was a decision made by the developers or if this is truly a bug. But the saber itself is completely DULL in color. All of the light sabers have a bright light and Revans does not. Is this truly a bug or developer choice?

Dull Light Emittance

Have you checked this in game? It doesn't look like this in game from what I can tell, it's only in the preview window. I can't speak to whether or not it emits light in game, I wasn't paying attention to that when my friend was checking it out, but the colors are much more vibrant in game. See

on the saber for example.

Hi all,

Thanks for your different feedback concerning the Redeemed Revan's Lightsaber.

I've transferred those to our team. I'll update you if I have any information concerning this item.

Could you also please make the team aware of the bad hook points for both Revan lightsabers? They hang way too low on the hip when not drawn, especially on female characters. They don't even touch the belt / waistline there.

Have you checked this in game? It doesn't look like this in game from what I can tell, it's only in the preview window. I can't speak to whether or not it emits light in game, I wasn't paying attention to that when my friend was checking it out, but the colors are much more vibrant in game. See
on the saber for example.

Yes, even in game it's still an issue. Have this Saber out along with another Saber with the same color if you don't believe me. Her video was put out while it was still on the test server. So maybe it wasn't bugged before.

Yes, even in game it's still an issue. Have this Saber out along with another Saber with the same color if you don't believe me. Her video was put out while it was still on the test server. So maybe it wasn't bugged before.

Her video isn't from the PTS, the PTS didn't have the saber available, you could only see it in the preview window (where it does look bugged). The video was released last Friday, two days after the patch. That's the live version of the saber.

I've also seen it in game myself after release because I helped a friend buy it the day it went live. I noted to him beforehand that the saber looked dull and washed out in the preview window, he still wanted it, but then it looked normal in-game. We both noticed the difference. If you can get some screenshots of it in-game where it looks dull and washed out, that'd be helpful, because again, what I've seen of it is the opposite. I can't check it myself since my friend is the one actually got it, so if there are specific conditions that cause it, I can't test that.

Her video isn't from the PTS, the PTS didn't have the saber available, you could only see it in the preview window (where it does look bugged). The video was released last Friday, two days after the patch. That's the live version of the saber.

I've also seen it in game myself after release because I helped a friend buy it the day it went live. I noted to him beforehand that the saber looked dull and washed out in the preview window, he still wanted it, but then it looked normal in-game. We both noticed the difference. If you can get some screenshots of it in-game where it looks dull and washed out, that'd be helpful, because again, what I've seen of it is the opposite. I can't check it myself since my friend is the one actually got it, so if there are specific conditions that cause it, I can't test that.

It's worse in the preview, however if you compare it to other sabers in game, it's obvious. That being said, looks like the devs are going to fix it.

Yes i tested and Redeemed Revans Lightsaber is the ONLY lightsaber that does not have "illumination" You can take any other lightsaber and see it illuminates the side of your characters body/armor with same color as the crystal. Redeemed Revan's Lightsaber is the only one that does not do this hence why it appears fainter than any other lightsaber.

The Tarnux lightsaber/dual saber also has the illumination bug, idk if the onderon variants have the same bug.

• 4 months later...