Chapter 1: Wrath and Ruin Walker cutscene bug. Impossible to progress

TrixxieTriss

Chapter one while on the walker.

When you get to the section with the Voss and Gormak soldier you are supposed to automatically dismount the Walker and go into a cut scene.

But instead nothing happens and there is no dismount button for this particular Walker (one of the only in the game without one :(). Which means it is impossible to progress the story on this character.

Clicking on the NPC that is supposed to generate the cutscene makes the task bar and walker disappear and that’s it. I have to escape out of what is supposed to be the cut scene to make the walker and task bar reappear.

I have to say I am mightily disappointed, but not shocked. Every time there is a major update or content patch, you guys manage to break this chapter with the walker. Please can you get this fixed before Christmas holidays and next time, please make sure you do some QA testing on this chapter when you add new content. Think of it as a bell weather test chapter. If it works, then your other chapters with walkers probably will too.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

• Dev Post

Hi TrixxieTriss,

The bug you're reporting about the Walker bug in Chapter I: Wrath and Ruin is a known issue:

• The cinematic of the “Speak to the Voss Commando” step in Chapter I: Wrath and Ruin does not play as intended, blocking the players from progressing in the Chapter.

Our team is aware of the issue and currently working on it. I'll let you know when I have more information.

Nice... I'm at the same point and just as stuck in the storm rider. I was really looking forward to continuing the story. I've got lots of time, as here in Germany, we are going under a stronger lockdown and I really had my hopes set to spend some of my time in SWTOR.

Oh well, I guess I'll go play something else.

Same here! Is there any way to get out of the walker? I can't do anything on my character now, as I am permanently stuck in the walker. I would like to do other things to level up while this bug gets fixed.

You can hit the 'exit area' button above the mini-map and it should send you back to wherever you were when you started the chapter.

You can hit the 'exit area' button above the mini-map and it should send you back to wherever you were when you started the chapter.

Did this and it send me back to Odessen. But what does that help? If I go back to the chapter, I am still stuck at the commando cut scene, and if I reset the chapter I can play the chapter from the start and still end up at the same commando cut scene and get stuck.

I also tried to skip the walker and go and kill the enemies manually. But the chapter requires you to board the walker, which just ends up me in the same stuck situation.

So what to do? Except to wait for the devs to eventually fix this.

Did this and it send me back to Odessen. But what does that help? If I go back to the chapter, I am still stuck at the commando cut scene, and if I reset the chapter I can play the chapter from the start and still end up at the same commando cut scene and get stuck.

I also tried to skip the walker and go and kill the enemies manually. But the chapter requires you to board the walker, which just ends up me in the same stuck situation.

So what to do? Except to wait for the devs to eventually fix this.

It only helps to leave this dead end and to do something else. I can understand the frustration, I have the same bug and cannot proceed. All we can do is to report this (as it already happend) and wait until its fixed.

Until then I switch to other activities.

• 9 months later...