Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Making of Gear Inspired by “The Mandalorian”

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Making of Gear Inspired by “The Mandalorian”
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DanielSteed
11.24.2020 , 12:29 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello everyone!

Today we published another behind the scenes style article. This time we pulled back the curtain and talked about the creative process when it came to making items inspired by "The Mandalorian". If you'd like to give it a read, here's a link.

Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

KnightKirkyBoy
11.24.2020 , 12:48 PM | #2
Hmmmm..... Interesting....... Very Interesting Indeed.........
"Do Or Do Not. There Is No Try." - Yoda
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/WRRdT4 - (Gives you 7 day free sub and items!)
"This Is The Way." - Din Djaring "There Is No Life Without The Force" - Me

rantboi
11.24.2020 , 12:55 PM | #3
cool but how about working on something other than cartel market like fixing bugs maybe?

Saregon
11.24.2020 , 01:33 PM | #4
Funny how you call the rifle a sniper rifle in the article, yet it's just a blaster rifle in the game, making it useless to snipers. WTB A SNIPER VERSION OF THIS BW!
Never . Forget
RIP Orange Pixel of Doom
"Talent without training is nothing." - Luke Skywalker
Referral Link -
http://www.swtor.com/r/R8kSmL - Click for Free Stuff!

JarenWelen
11.24.2020 , 01:34 PM | #5
Quote:
The Amban style of sniper rifle has appeared in many versions throughout Star Wars
Snipers:
Zhalle / Kayl'ik / Arxxis
Founder/Beta Tester

FlameYOL
11.24.2020 , 02:50 PM | #6
Interesting article to read, I like understand the inspiration and the process behind the creation of the in-game items.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

OlBuzzard
11.24.2020 , 05:52 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Hello everyone!

Today we published another behind the scenes style article. This time we pulled back the curtain and talked about the creative process when it came to making items inspired by "The Mandalorian". If you'd like to give it a read, here's a link.

I appreciate the posting !!

I think sometimes we forget that the proper setting for SWTOR is "a few years" before the Mandalorian TV series !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Damask_Rose
11.24.2020 , 06:27 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
I appreciate the posting !!

I think sometimes we forget that the proper setting for SWTOR is "a few years" before the Mandalorian TV series !
It's a few thousand years, not a few years. The Treaty of Coruscant was 3652 BBY, Mandalorian is 9 BBY.
My name is Milind. I checked it again and can confirm you there is no bug with any companion in the game.

OlBuzzard
11.25.2020 , 12:07 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
It's a few thousand years, not a few years. The Treaty of Coruscant was 3652 BBY, Mandalorian is 9 BBY.
yes .. I know hence the " " around few years.

I probably should have used [/sarcasm off]. I just didn't want to come across negatively ... and I still messed up !

Obviously the point I wanted to make is that getting caught up in the Star Wars Universe it's easy to sometimes forget where we actually are (in the grander scheme of the SW time line).

OOPS !

Sorry ... my bad !

OH !! Also ... just for the record !! IMO the team does do a nice job attempting to "retro" that far back without making things so antique that we might loose interest !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

DiamondDove
11.25.2020 , 02:00 AM | #10
Maybe 3.600 years or so feels like 'only a few years' to an "Old Buzzard"?
Havoc squad always helps ..... including by offering a referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/3QdVzT