Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cantina Livestream - November 13th!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cantina Livestream - November 13th!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
11.13.2020 , 03:40 PM | #21 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

With the situation unfolding tonight with our Ubisoft colleagues in Montreal, we're going to postpone our livestream cantina to a future date which we will announce soon. Thanks everyone, and be safe.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

turbomagnus
11.13.2020 , 04:25 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

With the situation unfolding tonight with our Ubisoft colleagues in Montreal, we're going to postpone our livestream cantina to a future date which we will announce soon. Thanks everyone, and be safe.

-eric
What "situation unfolding tonight " with Ubisoft? There's kind of an assumption that we already know and some of us don't...

CrazyScruffy
11.13.2020 , 04:30 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by turbomagnus View Post
What "situation unfolding tonight " with Ubisoft? There's kind of an assumption that we already know and some of us don't...
a possible hostage situation

https://news.yahoo.com/workers-montr...195555845.html

mike_carton
11.13.2020 , 04:34 PM | #24
Apparently a call came in about a hostage and ransom. However, there are reports of some people running to the rooftop to escape <something> and others barricading themselves in various rooms. Police also seem to have gone through the building methodically. So, as usual for a developing event, initial reports are conflicting and likely wrong.

What I don't understand is: that's a different company and it is in Montreal whereas the Bioware office for SWTOR is in Austin, TX. Why cancel this event in response?
Click this SWTOR link to create an account or log in and we both earn rewards (7-day Free Subscription, 1 Free Server Transfer, Free JumpStart or Preferred Bundles).

Thimarith
11.13.2020 , 04:35 PM | #25
That's Ubisoft? Looks like a microbrewery. Anyway, hope everyone is safe as it appears to have been a hoax.

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/20...oft-a-montreal

Equeliber
11.13.2020 , 04:41 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
Apparently a call came in about a hostage and ransom. However, there are reports of some people running to the rooftop to escape <something> and others barricading themselves in various rooms. Police also seem to have gone through the building methodically. So, as usual for a developing event, initial reports are conflicting and likely wrong.

What I don't understand is: that's a different company and it is in Montreal whereas the Bioware office for SWTOR is in Austin, TX. Why cancel this event in response?
I guess those guys were probably supposed to be involved in this whole Cantina thing in some way.

MadDutchman
11.13.2020 , 04:43 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Thimarith View Post
That's Ubisoft? Looks like a microbrewery. Anyway, hope everyone is safe as it appears to have been a hoax.

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/20...oft-a-montreal
Well naturally, it's Quebec after all

jokes aside, hope everyone is ok. There seems to be an awful lot of fuss over what might just be nothing. I'm inclined to think something happened, just not as severe as originally thought
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Schlumpfine
11.13.2020 , 04:47 PM | #28
The Rainbow6 live Stream from Ubisoft is still running

jedimasterjac
11.13.2020 , 10:20 PM | #29

I mean, to me, the simplest explanation is that the people running the livestream did not find it appropriate to do with something bad going on, even if that bad thing is at another studio.

Alternatively, people taking part in the stream may be friends and colleagues with those at Ubisoft Montreal, and so would rather not worry about a silly stream while concerned about the wellbeing of real, human beings.
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.
Feel like I've said something good? Click my referral link for free goodies!

Mubrak
11.14.2020 , 02:24 AM | #30
Would you feel like holding a merry little livestream for your customers while the news are reporting a mass shooting at your competition? The decision was already made when it turned out to be a "prank", but in the end it had the same effect as if it were a real hostage situation that was resolved without bloodshed.

Swatting isn't funny. For us it meant a live stream was postponed. Hoax or not, some of the folks at Ubisoft may have PTSD just from being in that situation, and elsewhere in Montreal the personell bound at Ubisoft might have been direly needed for a real emergency.
Let us turn off that gaudy flashing icon over every vendor's head.
Let us sort our companion list and hide or kick out the unwanted ones!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG