Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Emote Window in 6.2 - Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Emote Window in 6.2 - Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CommunityTeam
11.12.2020 , 11:40 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi everyone,

You can now test our new Emote Window on PTS! This new window improves accessibility to emotes with new features such as: Grouping unlocked emotes, an indicator as to whether an emote loops, and more.

Let us know your thoughts below.
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Medullah
11.12.2020 , 12:26 PM | #2
Since we're improving emote usage, any chance of adding an "unlock all from collections" for Emotes and other items in collections?

FlameYOL
11.12.2020 , 12:30 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Medullah View Post
Since we're improving emote usage, any chance of adding an "unlock all from collections" for Emotes and other items in collections?
Isn't there already an option for emotes to claim them all?
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Nightblazer
11.12.2020 , 01:06 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Medullah View Post
Isn't that what the new window is for on the PTS? Group unlocking.
“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Get 7 days free game time plus several unlocks by clicking here

Phazonfreak
11.12.2020 , 01:06 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by FlameYOL View Post
Isn't there already an option for emotes to claim them all?
Nope. Which is why it is very tiresome to claim all the Emotes for a new character.

LadyAdmiral
11.12.2020 , 01:10 PM | #6
I can't figure out how to preview an emote. Example on the PTS I do not have the cartel market emotes but left/right click the cartel emotes opens the cartel, so does CTRL+LEFTCLICK.
~ Swtorista

LadyAdmiral
11.12.2020 , 01:15 PM | #7
I like the infinity symbol for looping a lot very smart.

Could there be a symbol for "does not actually emote anything" like "/oor" Out of Resources? I know you added additional emotes to some of those old no-animation emotes a while ago that was cool.

Looking forward to cataloging the emotes!
~ Swtorista

LadyAdmiral
11.12.2020 , 01:26 PM | #8
Seeing this feedback form fans too:
  • Way to auto-unlock all the emotes you've unlcokeed for all characters in collections instead of one by one in collections window
  • Way to put emotes on bars like toys/abilities (I know this is probably a hard one)
~ Swtorista

Jerba
11.12.2020 , 02:38 PM | #9
Looks like emotes can only target players now, and no longer NPCs like on live. When I target an NPC, it says e.g. "You wave at everyone." instead of "You wave at Medical Droid."
I hope this is not intended; using emotes on NPCs, companions, pets etc. is very important for both PvE and RP.

Other than that, the emote window looks fine; I dislike that I now have to click multiple times and the submenus no longer open on hover like before.

Most importantly, please remove emotes that are not obtainable. By adding a bar "X/X Unlocked", you imply that all the emotes in that list are unlockable.
This issues already exists with the old emote window but it never was much of a problem; now that you have added the completion bar, it neerds to be addressed. Please remove the emotes that have never been released.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

FlameYOL
11.12.2020 , 03:07 PM | #10
The interface is a little big IMO, but the concept seems solid. I like the additional information of whether or not the emote loops as well, its quite useful.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything