Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Login Rewards in 6.2 - Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Login Rewards in 6.2 - Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CommunityTeam
11.12.2020 , 11:40 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi everyone,

Our new Login Rewards system is now available for testing on PTS! Players will receive rewards just for logging in. Subscribers will also receive bonus rewards. Please, keep in mind those rewards are subject to change.
Below you can find the type of feedback that the team is looking for.
  • Were you able to easily locate the Login Reward system?
  • Do you feel the addition of the Subscriber Weekly Bonus provides additional value to your subscription?
  • Does the reward structure feel good? Do you feel that items near the end of a calendar are of higher value?
  • In general, which rewards are the most/least valuable to you?
  • After spending some time with Login Rewards, are there any aspects of the system which remain unclear to you?
  • There are 3 Login Reward calendars to go through. In general, how do you feel about this? Do you feel it will help in keeping the Login Reward system fresh and exciting?
Let us know your thoughts.
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Phazonfreak
11.12.2020 , 01:20 PM | #2
Apart from the fact that the window itself and the icons for the different rewards are clearly unpolished, my initial thoughts are that the rewards can be very nice for new players who are leveling their characters, but they are not interesting for veteran players with fully geared endgame characters at all.

I guess this is the basic idea behind the Login rewards, but I don't feel like they are giving me any additional incentive to log in as a seasoned player of this game.

I also feel that the upgraded subscriber rewards are lacking, at least the one you are currently presenting on the PTS. I personally don't do PvP, so a Valor token is of no interest to me. Since I was especially looking forward to the bonus subscriber rewards, I was pretty disappointed.

LadyAdmiral
11.12.2020 , 01:21 PM | #3
Here are my screenshots of what I see in the login reward system for today: https://twitter.com/swtorista/status...56119789481984

---

Were you able to easily locate the Login Reward system?

Yep in the obnoxiously large intro popup window lol

Do you feel the addition of the Subscriber Weekly Bonus provides additional value to your subscription?

Yes, though I don't know what they are yet

Does the reward structure feel good? Do you feel that items near the end of a calendar are of higher value?

Like Basic Battle Stim being the lowest, and Scrap 25 the highest? I didn't even recognize there was a gradient since they all registered as "low end items" to me. If you mean Week 3 being better, I can not see week 3.

In general, which rewards are the most/least valuable to you?

Eh to all. Though I see a Valor token in the sub rewards and I want that lol!!!

After spending some time with Login Rewards, are there any aspects of the system which remain unclear to you?

1. Do I log in Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday to get my rewards. or is it simply the first day I log in, then the second day is whenever the next time I log in is, even if it's next week?
  2. The sub rewards seem cool. Log in four days a week. Get good reward at end. Would like to see what the other rewards in the small circles are.
  3. What will the claim all button do?
  4. What's in the strength in allies premium crate at the seventh slot? Do i need to log in once every day of the week to get it?

There are 3 Login Reward calendars to go through. In general, how do you feel about this? Do you feel it will help in keeping the Login Reward system fresh and exciting?

I don't understand it because I can't see future calendars they are not clickable.
~ Swtorista

Jerba
11.12.2020 , 02:49 PM | #4
What I don't understand, are the login rewards cumulative? In other words, if you miss a single day will you start back at 1?

In that case, I find the login rewards harmful, especially considering some of the higher achievements.
Everyone occasionally has some real-life stuff interfering, or is without access to Internet or a computer for 24 hours.
With other daily promotions, like CM sales or CXP bonus, this is not an issue as you can miss some days and still be okay; but with these login rewards, you will miss out on the big items.
If anything, it encourages account sharing so you have friends login for you, which is clearly not what you intend.

Also, I am somewhat concerned for players playing on multiple servers. I assume you'll have to login daily on each server to get the rewards everywhere.

To answer your questions, the intermediate rewards are not that interesting; the main reason for me to login would be the achievements and the final box to get a chance at the new Crate-o-matic.
Also, I know the UI is not final but please add tooltips so we can better see what the items are.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

FlameYOL
11.12.2020 , 03:05 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityTeam View Post
Yes, its quite large.

• Do you feel the addition of the Subscriber Weekly Bonus provides additional value to your subscription?
In theory, yes, in execution, no. Mostly because the weekly bonus seems to be valor, and while that can be valuable to those farming PvP its not exactly worthwhile to me.

• Does the reward structure feel good? Do you feel that items near the end of a calendar are of higher value?
I think the earlier weeks are definitely lackluster for veteran players, for newer players I could see it being an incentive but for veteran players its kind of meh. The latter weeks definitely feel more rewarding but I'd suggest instead of a bag of artifact gifts they'd be legendary, I think rarer rewards would make the new system a bit more appealing to veteran players.

Least valuable probably the combat stims, because I'm a biochem and the stims provided are pretty weak compared to mine but again I can see that being attractive to newer players. Most valuable might be the artifact gift bags, though again I'd suggest making it legendary to make it more attractive, the social boosts are also nice.

• After spending some time with Login Rewards, are there any aspects of the system which remain unclear to you?
I echo SWTORista's doubts, those things are not clear to me.

• There are 3 Login Reward calendars to go through. In general, how do you feel about this? Do you feel it will help in keeping the Login Reward system fresh and exciting?
Much like SWTORista I cannot access the other reward calendars. Unless you mean the other weeks, calendar, I can access that but can't see anything beyond week 4.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
Also, I know the UI is not final but please add tooltips so we can better see what the items are.
I second this.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

SteveTheCynic
11.12.2020 , 03:18 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyAdmiral View Post
There are 3 Login Reward calendars to go through. In general, how do you feel about this? Do you feel it will help in keeping the Login Reward system fresh and exciting?

I don't understand it because I can't see future calendars they are not clickable.
Click the little arrows by the week number to see different weeks. "Kai Zykken's Satchel of Dyes" in Week 4 might be interesting, and the end of Week 4 is the big prize for lots of people: Five Cartel Market Certificates.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
?REDO FROM START

SteveTheCynic
11.12.2020 , 03:39 PM | #7
Hi everyone,

Our new Login Rewards system is now available for testing on PTS! Players will receive rewards just for logging in. Subscribers will also receive bonus rewards. Please, keep in mind those rewards are subject to change.
Below you can find the type of feedback that the team is looking for.
Let us know your thoughts.
>>>>> Were you able to easily locate the Login Reward system?

It was extremely difficult to miss, although I'm a little concerned about how much height it's going to take up on screens smaller than 1920x1080.

>>>>> Do you feel the addition of the Subscriber Weekly Bonus provides additional value to your subscription?

I'm on strike from Warzones(1), so a "Token of Valor" is of essentially no value. However, if it's something of broader use, maybe, depending on how useful it is.

>>>>> Does the reward structure feel good? Do you feel that items near the end of a calendar are of higher value?

They are all a bit meh, especially Valor and Starfighter boosters. I get unreasonable quantiites of Jawa tokens anyway, so those don't add much, and 25K credits every four weeks isn't very much. But being able to get CMCs a different way is interesting.

>>>>> After spending some time with Login Rewards, are there any aspects of the system which remain unclear to you?

The space available is a bit limiting, and I'm left wondering what's *in* Week 4's "Large Bag of Grade 11". OK, whatever it is, it's Grade 11, but it's not clear whether it has Grade 11 Materials, Grade 11 First-round Components (Bonded Assemblies, Cell Grafts, that stuff), or Grade 11 something else.

>>>>> There are 3 Login Reward calendars to go through. In general, how do you feel about this? Do you feel it will help in keeping the Login Reward system fresh and exciting?

So long as there's good rewards, it doesn't matter whether so much they are the same each four-week cycle or different from cycle to cycle, although I'd say that if there's only three, we'll get used to it after not all that long.

There's also a thing that if it's a single pattern the same in all cycles, we know what to expect, which is good and bad. Good if it's good stuff, bad if it's meh or actively bad.

(1) Unranked Deserter Lockout, as previously discussed.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
?REDO FROM START

pyrietboletje
11.12.2020 , 06:09 PM | #8
I could, it was literally right in my face. (i dont however like the little box where now stands WIP. Maybe it can be implemented within the already huge *** box?)

Do you feel the addition of the Subscriber Weekly Bonus provides additional value to your subscription?
I don't know what it is yet, but i hope its something useful?

Does the reward structure feel good? Do you feel that items near the end of a calendar are of higher value?
The structure is good. But i think people should be able to pick their own prizes, or re-roll. Or maybe make them choose which kind of prized theyd like to get. for example pvprs could select grenades for in warzones, rp'rs could select decorations or dye's. while pve'rs could select.. idk? and crafters select items to craft with. Right now it's all the same for everyone, yet: nobody has the same playstyle. To which it isn't as rewarding to everyone.

1k credits. Really? I'd make it: 10k first week, 50k second week, 100k 3rd week and 250k 4th week.
And not many really get excited about scrap of Jawajunk.. Maybe crafters. Perhaps it's an idea where people can choose their own rewards? For example: pick between credits, stim or crafting stuff? Or decorations? As the rewards don't really have anything of value for RP'rs within the game. (most live for dye's, outfits and decorations. While this system is only focused mostly for what it feels new players with very low stims and pve for crafting.)

After spending some time with Login Rewards, are there any aspects of the system which remain unclear to you?
It's all very clear. But what will happen once you don't log in a day? As -having- to log in daily could potentially make you burn out faster, and not wanting to log in at all. Which makes it feel that what you did over the past weeks before it has been for all nothing. (inrl can always happen and cause you not to log in. We live in strange times where people not always think of ''Oh crap! wait! i need to log in for my jawajunk!''

I could only see for the upcoming month. I think the 4th week should be for example week 2. And with much higher rewards. And what happens if (for example) you log in a lot and kept it up for a whole month? Will you receive again 1k credits the next month? or will the reward streak continue?

Darth Malgus | SWTOR Content Creator | Livestreamer/Youtuber

casirabit
11.12.2020 , 07:47 PM | #9
While I haven't logged in yet to check. I will later, I have a class in about 30 minutes so no time yet but from what I am reading above is true and it is basically just pvp junk (no offense to those that like pvp) then it gives me 0 reason to log in. I will check later to see but if that is all the rewards are then.....No.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

HKtheindomitable
11.12.2020 , 08:16 PM | #10
Checking Day 1.

YES!

YES YES YES!

Does the reward structure feel good?
Yeah! The structure is cool. The items... are TBD.

Do you feel that items near the end of a calendar are of higher value?
Oh my cotton socks! Did you not hear what I just said?!
BTW, there is an issue where you can repeatedly click the different daily items, and it keeps giving conquest reward indication. It doesn't count, even the one claimed.

I'm operating under the assumption it's going to be based on level. Also that everyone gets the same. Items are in daily order. I am not taking tradability into consideration.
At level 75, any basic stim is really bad. I don't expect the crafted high quality stuff, but these don't boost in a meaningful way.
A social boost? I don't need it. Nor want it. Ever.
Scrap? Ehhh okay. The amounts need tweaking.
Bag of gifts? They should really start at Premium. The gold quality gifts are extremely (probably a bit too much) necessary for influence.
Love the idea. 1k, 3k, 6k, 30k credits? That's quite "meh" over a month.
The weekly crates, I can't say yet.
The Weekly Sub Bonus. Idk yet. However a Token of Valor, if it gives points, fine. But I don't PvP. So if it's a booster, then it's useless.

Taking into consideration tradability and not level based.
Cool stuff.

I will let you know.

There are 3 Login Reward calendars to go through. In general, how do you feel about this?
I like that it's not the same every day or every week. I don't have a problem with this aspect what so ever. Especially if there's a chance I miss something I might get it later. Not that there's anything exclusive. And I'm not left wondering "What is next? Should I log in risking (insert important thing here) just to get x reward?"

Do you feel it will help in keeping the Login Reward system fresh and exciting?
I don't see why not.

I plan to refresh at the end of a week, and again later on.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Star Forge | Captain |International Guild