Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PTS up?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Screaming_Ziva
09.25.2020 , 12:47 PM | #1
Is the PTS currently up? I'm getting a "Unable to Retrieve Patch Data" error when trying to launch it.
THIS is the Referral Link you are looking for.
Click for 7 days Free Access, 1 Free Server Transfer, and a Free Jumpstart or Preferred Bundle.

Screaming Ziva's Stronghold Tour

Pamplonac
09.25.2020 , 01:07 PM | #2
It seems that it is down, I am getting the same error also with 312, which maybe means it is not up?

The-Kaitou-Kid
09.25.2020 , 01:09 PM | #3
Yeah, I think it's down. There was a patch last night for the Conquest changes, but this morning I got a 312 error so I assume the PTS was taken down for now.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

Dyhanna
09.25.2020 , 03:37 PM | #4
Same here. Unable to retrieve patch data 312.
"Emotion has no place among facts..." - Sana-Rae, Voss Mystic
Share the love... Referral Link - http://www.swtor.com/r/VKvQMn

EricMusco
09.25.2020 , 03:52 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey all,

PTS is up but there is a potential issue with the patch (which is why you are seeing the error message). We are seeing if we can resolve before the weekend. I will let you know where it lands.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

EricMusco
09.25.2020 , 05:55 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Gonna take a bit more then just a quick fix to get things corrected for PTS so it will remain offline through the weekend. We'll swing back on Monday with a status update. Thanks all.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager

Pamplonac
09.27.2020 , 02:02 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Gonna take a bit more than just a quick fix to get things corrected for PTS so it will remain offline through the weekend. We'll swing back on Monday with a status update. Thanks all.

-eric
It seems that my cousin can get in, from his ThinkPad. Sadly he's the only one in the game in the Fleet, (his small shortcut "who" window is always at number 1 - no other players at all) or any planet he visits. There's literally no one else anywhere.

Cheers

CommunityTeam
09.28.2020 , 09:30 AM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi all,

For those you encounter the issue with the PTS patch, we invite you to follow those troubleshooting steps:
  1. Close the launcher
  2. Go to the install folder (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic)
  3. Delete retailclient_publictext.version
  4. Launch the launcher. It will download the missing PTS files.
Let us know if you are still experiencing it.

Thank you for your patience while the team worked on this issue.

BloodyKisses
09.28.2020 , 09:58 AM | #9
...worked

Decalin
09.28.2020 , 10:02 AM | #10
Scratch that, did not notice I had a folder "retailclient_publictest_0to342", removed that also and downloaded again without issue.

No luck,

While downloading asset "Game Client 343" with 0.14Mb remaining, download freezes up with the error "Network error while downloading patch data. Retrying... (310)"

Tried a few times to be sure.