Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Augments in 6.1.4 - Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
New Augments in 6.1.4 - Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Eriamea
09.24.2020 , 12:46 AM | #31
I am just going to sell any mats I get. No point crafting the new augments. Potential income vs minor effect benefit (some stats are capped and/or need to hit certain levels) and time required make it a no brainer decision. Even if the class benefit would be greater, the required grind is insane.

This grind has hit new levels of stupidity. All it is going to achieve is to funnel tons of credits to a tiny group of players that doesn't need any new augments and who will farm the content for credits with the old augments, create more inflation. I suppose that either no one at BW has any notion of economy if they complain about some players sitting on too many credits or they try to utterly favour a few guilds filled with friends while consciously or unconsciously making (the latter is scarier) this game less and less accessible to many, especially new players. I made tons of credtis out of Vet Queen yet it was just for the MH and it required only 2 mats. Farming Vet Queen then gave me the means to make even more money in 6.0+ despite spending billions on various items, including set bonus for various classes for my 40+ toons that new people or casuals struggle to get for a single toon. This is Vet Queen E10 unless many people chose to ignore it...

One good thing about 6.0 is that it allowed new people and some former casuals to gear up and face harder content without an endless grind. When groups for HM and NIM (not counting EV and KP) become hard to form (re: lack of real content) you want to open the doors to good new players to join in . The 6.0 gearing system allowed it and it made playing and testing alts fun. If this game had constant new relevant content it might be different but we are grinding the same old stuff over and over as it is now; only fun groups of people and friends are keeping me playing.

As for the mats in PVP, notwithstanding the insane required amount, it will just increase the toxicity if they are tied to wins.

fabsus
09.24.2020 , 03:35 AM | #32
that idea is fantastic.

the targeted people who would profit from these augments,
won't get them, because they would need to farm other stuff
and stop their progress.

we all know that the most won't need the augments,
but wanna have them. so the players will sell the mats
for insane prices and so you directly are supporting
credit sellers; until everybody realises how long it will
take to equip their toons.

at the end it is just a hugh new frustration level, for no reason.
so if you are coming home and wanna jump into the star wars
galaxy, you will start squadrons, not swtor. so thanks for supporting
squadrons with that patch.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion.
http://www.swtor.com/r/cyZhrF <--This is my Ref-Link. Feel free to ignore or benefit from it.

ExarSun
09.24.2020 , 06:28 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Eriamea View Post
I suppose that either no one at BW has any notion of economy if they complain about some players sitting on too many credits or they try to utterly favour a few guilds filled with friends while consciously or unconsciously making (the latter is scarier) this game less and less accessible to many, especially new players. .
I think you hit the jackpot here. Filled with friends and the devs themselves I would add (I think everyone here is familiar what the lead dev likes to do in game). It is my feeling as well and it has been for a long a time. For me this is part (if not all) the reason for the game's sad state. Seen it before with other MMO's.

Nee-Elder
09.24.2020 , 03:03 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Eriamea View Post
No point crafting the new augments.

(some stats are capped and/or need to hit certain levels)

Regarding that ^ , couple questions for those who are testing:

1. What do the new augments even have, stat-wise? 4 stats ? 5 stats? And just the same basic core stats like 286's or are there new 'set bonus' type stats or something different on the new 300's ?

2. Do the new augments require Augmentation Kit Mk-11's or a brand new MK-12 version?

Thanks.
Never tell me the odds!

Urthal
09.24.2020 , 04:39 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post

- Are Cybertechs happy with the CM-1337 material?
Cybertechs are pretty apathetic about an item they will never, ever craft. What would make Cybertechs happy is being able to use reusable stims, medpacs and adrenals instead of cursing their choice of crew skills.

DarthEndonae
09.24.2020 , 04:54 PM | #36
How about no new augments in general? Do a Nightmare Power thing like was done in 2.0 (and this can be done retroactively) or just nerf the raids if people aren't clearing them to your satisfaction. If you are dead set on new augments make sure they don't affect the old raids. In MM, they are well balanced, so hopefully the new augments won't cause a problem with that this would be easy to do by increasing numbers with Power/Mastery rather than tertiary stat. I haven't looked at the PTS yet to know for sure.

DarkTergon
09.24.2020 , 08:55 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Hello everyone!

Following Chris Schmidt's announcement of new Augments, they are now available for testing on PTS. This will be a new tier of Augments that can be crafted by Cybertechs.

- How do the augments perform?
- How does the inflow of materials from PvE and PvP feel?
- Are Cybertechs happy with the CM-1337 material?
- Do the schematics take too long?

Let us know your thoughts!

My thought, what drugs are you guys on? Seriously, do you actually listen to the forum, or do you have your own little cabal that nods at every stupid idea you have? It's a crazy stupid thing to do, there are so many other things you could fix, or improve, but you go for this.......YOU are losing subs, i know it means nothing now, with all the steam people coming in, but down the road it will matter.
They are so busy being non conformists, they are actually becoming more of a conformist , than conformists are {stupid is a hard barrier}
Feel free to click the link and get all the usual goodies
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

Obroa-Skai
09.25.2020 , 05:30 AM | #38
Dear Bioware,

i'm afraid this is goin to be monumental fail.

I can't remember a most negative feedback filled thread than this.

Focus on the "Play you way" philosophy, allow PVP'ers to obtain the required materials only playing what they like and same for PVE players. In other words, let people play what they like the most, otherwise a big slice of the playerbase will get frustrated.

As a PVP only player i honestly don't wanna rely too much on Bolster for my gear: if there are augments better than the ones i'm equipping then i want them. Allow me, and a lot of other players, to reach this new tier playing what we like the most.

About the robust economy thing: before these augz will be availble on th GTN (which implies most of crafters have finished to augment their own gear) months will pass, and maybe more, same about the crafting materials. Nonsense, simply nonsesne and it sounds more like a way to make us chill about it, you perfectly now it will require ages.

Focus more on new set-bonuses, new PVP events, arenas, tournaments, titles and, operations and much more. New augments are ok as long as are accessible to everybody and obatinable in a funny way, not via this no-brain grinding method.

And no: i don't think that if you need the gear according to what you play the most in terms of content. If i wanna reach the max tier of gear available (augments included) only through Space Combat (LOL!) then i must be free to play like this.

Don't let me scream out of my window in October "You were my brother Bioware!"

DanielSteed
09.25.2020 , 10:41 AM | #39 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone!

I have two quick updates for you regarding Augments on PTS. The vendor selling these Augments (just for PTS purposes) can now properly be found on the Fleet. Look for the Spoil of War vendors Takanna and Nitoo. Secondly, we have adjusted the crafting material requirements for the new CM-1337 Augments. The new cost per Augment is:

- 14 RPM-13 (down from 25).
- 7 OEM-37 (down from 15).
- 5 Legendary Embers (this material remains unchanged).

While the material requirements have changed, we are planning to keep the drop chances the same as outlined in the initial post by Chris Schmidt. Let us know your thoughts!

Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Evolixe
09.25.2020 , 11:01 AM | #40
That's a little more like it at least. I still expect you have to keep a close eye on it tuning wise after it goes live though.
Evolixe | Exilove
Darth Malgus
Watch me live on Twitch