Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Augments in 6.1.4 - Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
New Augments in 6.1.4 - Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DanielSteed
09.22.2020 , 01:47 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone!

Following Chris Schmidt's announcement of new Augments, they are now available for testing on PTS. This will be a new tier of Augments that can be crafted by Cybertechs.

- How do the augments perform?
- How does the inflow of materials from PvE and PvP feel?
- Are Cybertechs happy with the CM-1337 material?
- Do the schematics take too long?

Let us know your thoughts!

Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

RikuvonDrake
09.22.2020 , 01:53 PM | #2
so each player uses 14 augments, an operation group has 8 players so that is 112 augments in total, that means they need to raid for 224 hours to farm the pve material for a full group, assuming they clear 5 bosses an hour, which is pretty easily achievable for a good nightmare raiding group. Assuming they raid 2,5 hours per raidnight that's 90 days of raiding which, let's say they raid 3 times a week is 30 weeks of farming. If this patch comes out in October this means your average nightmare raiding group will have gathered all PvE materials by May, next year.

as a nightmare raider, I ask you to please reconsider from what content the different materials drop, how many that drops and the number of materials required to craft the Cybertech component

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

DarthYun
09.22.2020 , 02:04 PM | #3
Do NOT make the mat gain from PvP RNG.

If there's anything everyone hates its this stupid RNG bullcrap. I don't care if you increase the amount of mats required, RNG is the absolute devil and ruins enjoyment. Only clowns and EA thinks this is a good idea. I don;t know why you want to push RNG bullcrap again but please please PLEASE reconsider this stupid idea of 50% 25% and 10% cause it will be the most annoying and counterproductive towards what you are trying to achieve here.

Weekly and daily with only wins and no losses count is already enough of an "RNG" thing. Don't make it a stupid double layer thing.

Do it, even if you have to up the mat costs. Make it 100% you dummies.

Member thrill of the hunt?
pre nerf Bane of Baneful Banthas
Pre Nerf Bane of Izax
Pre Nerf Revanchist
Deposer of the Fortress
Conqueror of the Dread Masters
2014 Revanchist
World First Tyth
World First Repside Sisters pre 248 gear
Server First EC timed
pre nerf ravenchist
post buff raven
pre German world first repside Nahut (0 deaths)
World 1st Izax repside without memes
World 1st Izax 15.5m (also without memes but with meme people)
world 2nd original roster Gods Timed (no kicks)
World 2nd timed without exploits (knightmera poweru)
world first main repside team gods timed nim impside timed run timed (nightmare power)
World 1st Collicoid Queen 8m HM (no graba jerba)
World 1st Collicoid Queer 16m HM (no enrage 5 stack ez timed)

KingDeathII
09.22.2020 , 02:19 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
so each player uses 14 augments, an operation group has 8 players so that is 112 augments in total, that means they need to raid for 224 hours to farm the pve material for a full group, assuming they clear 5 bosses an hour, which is pretty easily achievable for a good nightmare raiding group. Assuming they raid 2,5 hours per raidnight that's 90 days of raiding which, let's say they raid 3 times a week is 30 weeks of farming. If this patch comes out in October this means your average nightmare raiding group will have gathered all PvE materials by May, next year.

as a nightmare raider, I ask you to please reconsider from what content the different materials drop, how many that drops and the number of materials required to craft the Cybertech component
And then add on the PVP mat farming which is based on RNG so basically its 1 year of grinding to get a level of augments that in a year are probably going to be out dated anyways...

HaiHy
09.22.2020 , 02:59 PM | #5
Don't lose players like World of Warcraft did by adding this to the game. You are forcing people who want to exceed at high levels to do High End PVE and then people who dont like PvP to do that also, and Ranked!?!!!? Thats a NO NO and a Game killer. You just started getting people back, dont lose them again.

Cupelix

Pandoras_Jar
09.22.2020 , 03:27 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post

How are people supposed to test augment performance when there is no way currently to easily acquire them? No one is going to farm NIM and Ranked just to get the mats to be able to craft these augments. There's zero incentive to do so... Plus requires other peoples around to do the content...
Xam Xam Mercenary BodyguardXam Xam Xami Commando Combat Medic
| SWTOR Content Creator Program Member |
Website: mmobits.com - Onslaught - Game Update 6.0 Gearing Guide - 6.0 Mercenary/Commando PvP Healing Guide - 6.0 Class Guides | Twitter: @Rach_Games
~ Satele Shan - APAC/Oceanic - <Korvus/Corvus> ~

Elssha
09.22.2020 , 04:25 PM | #7
We need a way to just buy/grab the augs if you want people to test performance; NOT about to grind on PTS to maybe test these~

ButeoRegalis
09.22.2020 , 05:27 PM | #8
Making it exclusive to the hardest content types, which are populated by different groups with little overlap, one of which you already know is prone to manipulation, and hope the market will sort it out for you? Nope. Big nope!

If you decide to stick with this against all reason, I would like to go ahead now and advertise my services to NiM raiders and ranked PvP guilds as a neutral party, an escrow officer if you will. If your NiM raid team goes into ranked PvP and negotiates a deal with the PvP group *wink wink* , you may send the money to me and I will, after completion of the match and evaluation of screen shots to see the agreement was honored, send the proceeds - minus a modest 5% handling fee - on to the appropriate party.

/sarcasm

'coz you know this is how it'll go, right?
__________________________________________________ _______________
Click this link for free stuff for you and me! New players get more bag space and XP boosts, returning players get 7 days of subscription, bag space and unlocks for customization and crafting, all FREE!

Beyrahl
09.22.2020 , 05:31 PM | #9
Barely costs any conquest materials but a lot of legendary embers? Did I get this backward or something? It's far easier to get the conquest materials and there are only a few ways for embers and it's all on RNG.
Can we have more ways of getting embers? Also, I saw 3k for 1 ember? Should be 500 at the very most honestly. Getting 3k isn't all that easy unless you're a hardcore PvEr.

Decalin
09.22.2020 , 05:50 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Hello everyone!

Following Chris Schmidt's announcement of new Augments, they are now available for testing on PTS. This will be a new tier of Augments that can be crafted by Cybertechs.

- How does the inflow of materials from PvE and PvP feel?
- Are Cybertechs happy with the CM-1337 material?
- Do the schematics take too long?

Let us know your thoughts!

My cybertech will never learn the schematic, as I don't know anyone who runs the high end raids or is serious about ranked PvP.

The aim of this seems to be adding a new grind to keep people occupied for a while, but realistically only a small percentage are going to ever obtain these, the rest will at best ignore them and at worst get pissed about "Play your way" being thrown out the window by adding gear they can never hope to obtain.