The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

I'm meeting very weird people, way more than the previous years I played SWTOR. People that doesn't respond to the group chat (and sometimes they seem to not even read it), 75 level people that follows randomly using almost no rotation in their attacks and sometimes just using basic weapon, people that never use CC or anything, people that do the exact opposite of was said before a boss with tricky mechanic. And the worst: people that don't give a *** about other players in every kind of variation.

For me, the most frustrating kind of people, at group finder, are the "quiet and mean" ones. They don't respond to any kind of greeting, they don't answer group chat, they don't seem to respond to any kind of follow up tactic during a boss, they rush without a care even if anyone needs to heal. They put themselves above others. They just play like the rest of the group are just a bunch of NPCs following, like we are just a tool to fill up the group finder so they can get their fast conquest. When the FP ends, they leave the second later they loot the boss without even saying "ty'. But that's not all: WHEN they type anything, they are mean, either with acid sarcasm or simply meaningful chat. These "quiet and mean" often abandon the group without a word when the group doesn't go smoothly. They don't help, they don't talk, they don't respond. They use a social tool, but they are anti-social and ruin the experience of other players.

Lately, I'm finding lots of this kind of people. It's been so much that I'm seriously thinking in dropping this game once and for all because I play for fun and to be social, and these people don't give a damn about others. I think the game is made in such a way that people start to think other people as just cattle to finish conquests, either in group finder or at guilds. It's not being fun.

Besides, I guess we have some kind of people that usually think that they are what their toons are. If the toon is sith and evil, they MUST act evil towards other people. They don't understand RP at all. That's the only explanation I can find about these behaviours because I see it more often on toons that choose dark side options. I'm seeing a crescent toxicity going on at General chats, way more than later years: people answering meaningfully to newbies questions, old players bashing starter guilds that were recruiting at starter planets. It's becoming a culture of being meaningful and that's not how I remember SWTOR was when I started to play many years ago. I'm seeing people being mean everywhere, inside guilds, inside group finder, general chat. That's too much. I'm often logging out with a bitter taste in my mouth without knowing if I had fun or if I had a new bad experience with people inside the game.

For me, the most frustrating kind of people, at group finder, are the "quiet and mean" ones. They don't respond to any kind of greeting, they don't answer group chat, they don't seem to respond to any kind of follow up tactic during a boss, they rush without a care even if anyone needs to heal. They put themselves above others. They just play like the rest of the group are just a bunch of NPCs following,

Sometimes people have their chat turned off. The people who rush ahead without giving the group time to heal, or pick up drops or gather - I just let them run ahead - if they die, they die. 🙂

Besides, I guess we have some kind of people that usually think that they are what their toons are. If the toon is sith and evil, they MUST act evil towards other people. They don't understand RP at all.

You may have it backwards. They may be playing a Sith because they are wannabe evil, not the other way around. 🤔

It's becoming a culture of being meaningful and that's not how I remember SWTOR was when I started to play many years ago. I'm seeing people being mean everywhere, inside guilds, inside group finder, general chat. That's too much. I'm often logging out with a bitter taste in my mouth without knowing if I had fun or if I had a new bad experience with people inside the game.

Just a note**. You are misusing the term "meaningful" here. "Meaningful" means "full of meaning". "Meaningless" means "without meaning".

In any case, I think you are referring to "meanness" - being 'mean' - rather than "meaning".

So for example, you should say "It's becoming a culture of being mean", not "meaningful".

** This is assuming that English is not your native language. Just trying to help. 👍

I was kicked from KDY for running to the shuttle to skip the initial dialogue. I loaded first, ran to the shuttle asap before someone initiate the dialogue green circle but was kicked right when I clicked the shuttle. It was awkward because we were all loaded to the real start point but I was no longer one of the team. The most funny thing is, the guy who initiated the kick left group after I was kicked.

Got a nice Foundary run yesterday, I was practicing my first heal toon. One guy said he wanted to kill everything to reach lv75 (he was lv73). The others agreed. It was a long run but it was good healing practice for both group and single burst heal and the group was chill and nice. No one died too even though I need the help of kolto tank during HK fight but I guess it's not bad for a newbie heal.

Got a nice Foundary run yesterday, I was practicing my first heal toon. No one died too even though I need the help of kolto tank during HK fight but I guess it's not bad for a newbie heal.

If the group consisted of 3 dps and you, it's not unusual, or 'bad' to use a kolto. The 3 dps would be more squishy than a tank and so overall, you may need more healing.

First post here because yesterday something very bizarre happened to me.

Rishi Master Mode: one dps quits group after the first add group.

I´m lead so I list us and pull out my only 50s companion (the imp droid) and think we can move on.

But then the tank quits. He whispers me that I´m stupid for listing, that the companion is crap and that we could do this Flashpoint with comp because it´s so easy. And then he ignores me.

Rishi endboss is doable with comp I know, but one mistake when the adds spawn and we´re all dead.

IDK what his problem was. We could´ve easily found a replacement and moved on.

I´ve run Flashpoints for years but thats the first time I´ve encountered someone so incredible rude and vain.

Somehow that ruined my confidence for the day.

If the group consisted of 3 dps and you, it's not unusual, or 'bad' to use a kolto. The 3 dps would be more squishy than a tank and so overall, you may need more healing.

That's good to know. Healing need so much concentration sometimes I feel a bit overwhelmed in heated battle.

I got a new weird/funny story:

Mandalorian Raiders with my tank.

Loaded in with another dps. It was the respawn point after the 4 men team boss fight.

We were replacement for two who quit group.

Usually it's a bad sign, then one of the two remaining people quit the moment we loaded.

I thought: good, I'll use comp as heal in case this group is a nightmare.

I typed "wait for us, we're on the big lift" in chat because it took a bit of time to wait for the lifts.

The strangest thing was, the early group had already killed literally everything on the way to the final boss.

And the remaining one person quit when we reached the last corner before the two turrets outside the boss room. It was only me staring at the very lonely Mandalorian boss waiting for us.

I was like: ??????

The DPS who came with me said she'd never played this FP before and ask for advice. I told her just summon her comp and set him to dps and we finished the boss fight with ease.

It was the easiest yet strangest FP run I've had so far.

I just don't get it. They apparently went through great trouble (and I assumed many wipes that caused the quit) all the way to the final boss, who is the easiest part of the boss fights in this FP, but can't wait for 2 more minutes to complete it? Just why?

Edited by eabevella

I just don't get it. They apparently went through great trouble (and I assumed many wipes that caused the quit) all the way to the final boss, who is the easiest part of the boss fights in this FP, but can't wait for 2 more minutes to complete it? Just why?

"Junior! Turn off that dam computer and get to bed!" 😍

Darth Malgus server today, early morning for me, quite deep in the night for most of Europe.

So me and my friend (im from Russia, he's from Germany), both GSF pilots first, decided to do something new together because Starfighter queue was ss good as dead already. And we queue for vet FPs.

So here's the report how it went.

First queue.

Hammer Station.

Me (skank tank PT at lvl 75 in nearly BiS gear for PvP tank), friend in his anni mara at lvl 73, sniper and jugg in their 75's.

At first pull (the one with 2 big droids) siper dies, my friend dies, jugg survived with 5% health.

Aside from that the run was perfectly fine and we did rest of FP under 10 minutes.

Second queue. Hammer again.

So it was us but this time with lvl 40-something mara and another mara in their 60-s. Okay, i thought, this should go well.

I never was so wrong.

2 low lvl maras managed to die at almost every pull. They were always stealing first pull, never responded to chat, never even showed they read what we wrote in chat. In the end, one dies at turrets, one dies on the way to Kreshan. We 2-man the boss.

Third queue.

This time we got Nathema, and friend of mine already levelled to 75 by then but was in lvl 70 and below gear anyway.

So it's me in my skank tank, one ungeared mara, dps merc dressed in BiS and a sniper dressed in 304 or so.

And we went through this FP like a knife through butter, we did bonus boss and everything was fine until the death of that Scorpio-like boss.

Then Vinn Atrius came in and we really suffered.

It was my first time as tank in Nathema vet, so it was quite interesting.

I died only 30 seconds before we could beat boss, my friend died from pushback earlier, so pugs did all work fir us in the end. And they were pretty good.

It was interesting and fun play.

I actually was in a successful MM Nathema group last night. I've completed it before in SOLO and Vet modes, but never in Master mode.

At the start I was tempted to quit right away, but someone stealthed through most of it and we had surprisingly little trouble with the final bosses. (No one died!, people kept the 'tether' short and green, etc.)

It was a good group, if I do say so myself. 🙂

Edited by JediQuaker

Did a few runs today, but only one was really weird.

Listed for Veteran FPs with my Sith Sorcerer. Invite came for Foundry.

We were 3 DDs and a Tank.

It's a bit of a rough start since one Maro is running ahead and just pulling stuff, but we eventually got to the first boss. Tank dies within the first 20% cause he stayed in the flames. Revived him and kept going. He dies again, but we managed to kill the droid. Waiting to start the dialogue. Suddenly the Tank drops the group without a word. Overall confusing, but i list again. Got another Sorcerer next (37). The FP is still a pretty rough thanks to the Maro pulling groups without everyone or when the group is at low health.

The sorcerer suddenly leaves group midfight. I list again and another sorcerer joins (75) and we are able to finish the FP at long last.

I'm still wondering why they left.

• 2 weeks later...

This is one long thread, 1000 pages of replies now!

Yesterday morning, I joined a PuG for Dread Palace GF. As far as PuGs go, this was one of the smoother ones, but still chaotic regardless.

The group leader, a healer, disconnected in the middle of Bestia. The other healer was left to solo heal the rest of the fight and Tyrans as well. Between that time and the group leader reconnecting on the second go against Calphy, these things happened:

• We wiped on trash because someone pulled the groups on Calphy's and Raptus's doors early.
  • On the first Calphy run, a sorc pulled the tank into the wrong portal when it was time to split by frames. Since this was the left frame that the tank was pulled from and the healer was still MIA, that left me and another DPS on the left portal. That, and the other guy forgot about the crystals. Calphy wiped the floor with us.

Second try we managed to do it, with no inexplicable sorc pulls in the middle of the fight. Now, there's a newer dps in this group who did run DP previously, but stated that the previous group didn't complete it. So mid-fight on Raptus, I noticed he had taken a purple crystal:

Me: "<New guy>, take the red crystal."

Him: "IM[sic] COLORBLIND"

Someone else: "The one on the right."

Due to the crystal confusion and one of the healers taking the wrong crystal as well, Raptus got buffed twice on the first set of challenges. Everything went smoothly the next time around, fortunately, and Raptus didn't bug out like he usually does. I explained the fight for Dread Council, and aside from losing aggro on Calphy twice (Dread Font pools went everywhere,) we got it in one try.

Edited by LordSassafras

• 4 weeks later...
if even this thread is dead, game is dead, I suppose?

Or, there's not so many "weird people" to meet any more.

I was thinking just the other day that I haven't run into a complete doofus or 'group nazi' in quite a while, although I still do 1 or 2 FPs most evenings.

There are many typical MMO players who just like to act selfish and comment / blame other players just because they aren't satisfied. Another problem is most people don't accept Flashpoint/Operations like teamplay which everybody needs to corporate each other, but nah, people are just aiming by their own desires and many goofs happens.

Had an interesting run today on Tython, we had some issues on the first boss but nothing too out of the ordinary just the usual trouble with people being unable to put all the orbital strikes on the adds, we managed to down it in the third try. 2nd boss was killed without too many issues though sometimes the other DPS die because the healer wouldn't cleanse. Third and last boss is where **** hits the fan, while there were definitely times someone was standing in stupid for the most part everything was fine up until the moment the boss shielded himself and started spamming AOEs, me and the tank managed to avoid the AOEs, other DPS and the healer for the most part as well but sometimes their circles overlapped (healer unironically walked into a straight line of purple circles once to avoid his own).

Healer naturally says people should avoid AOEs (despite being unable to himself), and that he "can't heal through it because he had to use all his force". Now, again for the most part the group was able to avoid everything so most of the damage was coming from Force Wave or the single target debris attack, I try to explain that yet I get scolded and told "do better next time" when I was actually doing pretty well for myself.

Queue our last try, or at the last the last attempt I was willing to stomach that "know it all" behavior, tank was trying some unusual positions so they kept moving the boss and sometimes despite trying to move out of his front I still got knocked backed and stunned and when we were on the third datacron I died as a result of being stunned.

Does the healer revive me? No, he laughs as I die which promptly gets him on my ignore list (glad they added legacy ignore so I never have to play with that guy again). And ok, the other Sentinel dies, he revives her, once the boss goes to get the third datacron guess what, dps is unable to kill the datacron. For the record while low geared she was doing well enough, should avoid AOEs more during the shield phase but wasn't doing too bad. I quit after boss recovers his health, and gains the damage buff. Sad as the tank was doing well other than the weird position in the last try, and the other DPS was doing well for a low geared player.

Edited by FlameYOL

And ok, the other Sentinel dies, he revives her, once the boss goes to get the third datacron guess what, dps is unable to kill the datacron. For the record while low geared she was doing well enough, should avoid AOEs more during the shield phase but wasn't doing too bad. I quit after boss recovers his health, and gains the damage buff. Sad as the tank was doing well other than the weird position in the last try, and the other DPS was doing well for a low geared player.

I had this problem with a MM Directive 7 flashpoint 2 days ago. I was a tank and we noted one of the dps had never done the flashpoint before and was not at max gear, not sure by how much but he at least had some of the gold set pieces that came out in Onslaught. It was clear from the comments that the 306 dps held some unspoken bitterness about running with the undergeared one, but kept going.

We got to the 3 shielding droids and naturally no one clued the new guy in about the method until halfway into the fight, I gently prompted the new one with a target mark above the unshielded droid but the other had an outburst of irritation to have him stop hitting the shield droid that prompted sub-dps to quit after the boss. I reminded 306 that the other was new and that he didn't have to be so rude, to which he responded that the guy shouldn't have tried this MM anyway without 306; at that point I decided to abandon this too. Wasn't exactly a ray-of-sunshine group.

I don't see players being undergeared as the problem with most fails, it's usually a problem that they're inexperienced on top of that and can't figure out how to optimize their dps in specific battles, which can be fixed without telling them not to come back until they grind to 306 from VMs. There are exceptions; if we were in Korriban 2nd boss instead of D7 the guy might have had a point, but we weren't so...

I had this problem with a MM Directive 7 flashpoint 2 days ago. I was a tank and we noted one of the dps had never done the flashpoint before and was not at max gear, not sure by how much but he at least had some of the gold set pieces that came out in Onslaught.

I don't see players being undergeared as the problem with most fails, it's usually a problem that they're inexperienced on top of that and can't figure out how to optimize their dps in specific battles, which can be fixed without telling them not to come back until they grind to 306 from VMs. There are exceptions; if we were in Korriban 2nd boss instead of D7 the guy might have had a point, but we weren't so...

Especially directive 7, I count that as one as an easy MM, not even a mid-tier difficulty one. Odds are the 306 geared player wasn't very good. You really only need one decent dps for that one.

I think players should at least do veteran mode before jumping into master, but then so many players ignore mechanics in vet now that they still won't know what the mechanic for MM are.

Basic 306 is easy enough to get in vet, but still, if a low gear pops into an easy one with minimal dps/heal checks (pretty much all pre-Shadow of Revan fp are easy), then it's usually not a problem.

Veteran mode Foundry: 1 lvl 75 mara or jugg (didn't pay much attention), two people between lvl 50-70, myself on a lvl 40+ merc.

On first boss one dies to the first Molten Burst from boss. I can't revive as I don't have combat res yet, not that I would want to use it because they would surely die on the second one too if they don't know the mechanics. Second Molten Burst, and the lvl 75 in full 306 gear dies too. The two of us still alive finish the boss.

When boss is dead, the 75 angrily whispers me that I should have used kolto to heal him up. Yeah right... Not sure there is enough kolto in the whole flashpoint to keep him alive through stupid, but whatever. He rage quits. :rolleyes: We get some lvl 60+ as replacements and finish the flashpoint easily, because everyone else seemed to know what they were doing.

Edited by DeannaVoyager

When boss is dead, the 75 angrily whispers me that I should have used kolto to heal him up.

You should have replied that he should have used kolto to heal himself up. 🙄

It's interesting that after all these years of Veteran mode, so many players still don't know how to use koltos.

So, once more:

The koltos in Veteran mode FPs give a large burst heal to the player that uses it and a smaller HoT to the rest of the group. They are designed to be used by the player who needs the health. They are not meant as a general 'heal' for the whole group**.

And, being a veteran FP, there is no specific need for a 'tank'. This means that even a tank (or someone who's 'playing' tank) should take care of their own health and not assume that someone else will play 'healer' for them. (There is no problem with 'breaking agro' in a vet fp - after all, most vet fps are done by 4 dps.)

** It's sad the number of times that I've been on my way to the kolto, to heal up, and some doofus clicks the kolto 'for me' before I get there, resulting in me dying from the next attack. 😏

Edited by JediQuaker