Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Augments

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ChrisSchmidt
09.18.2020 , 08:27 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi friends,

With Game Update 6.1.4 we are introducing a new tier of augments to the game, with materials added to our prestige game modes.

For a little background, we try to strike a balance between the right time to introduce new power to chase into the game and respecting your time invested in getting to the current maximum level of gear. We also want to refresh interest in our prestige modes by adding a very clear incentive while we work on the next batch of new content.

We have a few goals here. First, in PvE, it has been several months since Dxun Master Mode released. Top-end guilds have cleared the content and achieved the timed run achievements. Guilds still progressing in Dxun could use a slight boost to help get over the hill of that next boss, and a slight power bump should help. We donít want progression to stagnate, and we would also like to make it worth peopleís time to farm older Master Modes in order to gear up the next batch of recruits for the most current content.

In PvP, we want to continue to foster more high quality matches in Ranked, especially Group Ranked. So far this year weíve boosted rewards to that end, but havenít seen as much movement there as we would like. So, in addition to boosting conquest rewards for Ranked (as indicated in Davidís post), we are introducing an additional exclusive reward which is required to build the new augments.

To be clear, these augments will require BOTH the PvE material (only available in Master Mode Operations) AND the PvP material (only available in Ranked) to craft. We acknowledge that many players prefer one mode over the other, however we have a robust trading economy that rewards those who make these scarce materials available either via the Galactic Trade Network or simply trade chat.

Basics

The new Augments will require materials from Master Mode Operations, Ranked PvP Missions and Boxes, and the Cybertech Crew Skill to assemble the new materials. They will be Item Level 300, and named ďSuperior _____ Augment 77Ē, depending on the augment. Crafting is split between Armormech, Synthweaving, and Armstech (like existing augments), and those schematics will be available from the Crew Skill Trainer for 35,000 credits.

Details
  • Master Mode bosses will drop a new material: OEM-37
    • Most bosses drop 1 in 8-person, 2 in 16-person
    • Final bosses drop 3 in 8-person and 6 in 16-person
    • Dxun bosses will drop 2 in 8-person and 4 in 16-person
    • Apex Vanguard in Dxun will drop 6 in 8-person and 12 in 16-person
  • Ranked PvP Missions and Boxes will drop a new material: RPM -13
    • 50% chance in weekly group ranked box
      • 5 on Weekly Group Ranked Quest
    • 10% chance in daily group ranked box
      • 1 on Daily Group Ranked Quest
    • 25% chance in weekly solo ranked box
      • 0 in Weekly Solo Ranked Quest
    • 5% chance in daily solo ranked box
      • 0 in Daily Solo Ranked Quest
  • Cybertechs will craft a new material: CM-1337
    • This schematic can be purchased from the Crew Skill Trainer for 15,140 credits
  • The 300 Augments ingredients are:
    • 5 Artifact Combo Materials
    • 3 Artifact Secondary Combo Materials
    • 5 Solid Resource Matrix
    • 1 CM-1337
    • 5 Processed Isotope Stabilizer
  • CM-1337 ingredients are:
    • 15 OEM-37
    • 25 RPM-13
    • 5 Legendary Embers

These will be available in the upcoming PTS to try out, so donít hesitate to pop in and let us know what you think!

-Chris
Chris "BioChris" Schmidt | Design Director
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

JaaronTolley
09.18.2020 , 08:41 AM | #2
Screw you i hate playing pvp

CracownA
09.18.2020 , 08:42 AM | #3
Why. Why have you done this.

Evolixe
09.18.2020 , 08:43 AM | #4
Can you post information about the stats that these augments are supposed to provide?
Evolixe | Exilove
Darth Malgus
Watch me live on Twitch

Picasso
09.18.2020 , 08:48 AM | #5
So you are saying buy the mats on the GTN at over inflated prices? Newer players wont be able to attain the mats in this manner that easily.
Have a nice day.

Evolixe
09.18.2020 , 08:52 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisSchmidt View Post
  • Master Mode bosses will drop a new material: OEM-37
    • Most bosses drop 1 in 8-person, 2 in 16-person
    • Final bosses drop 3 in 8-person and 6 in 16-person
    • Dxun bosses will drop 2 in 8-person and 4 in 16-person
    • Apex Predator in Dxun will drop 6 in 8-person and 12 in 16-person
  • Ranked PvP Missions and Boxes will drop a new material: RPM -13
    • 50% chance in weekly group ranked box
      • 5 on Weekly Group Ranked Quest
    • 10% chance in daily group ranked box
      • 1 on Daily Group Ranked Quest
    • 25% chance in weekly solo ranked box
      • 0 in Weekly Solo Ranked Quest
    • 5% chance in daily solo ranked box
      • 0 in Daily Solo Ranked Quest
  • CM-1337 ingredients are:
    • 15 OEM-37
    • 25 RPM-13
    • 5 Legendary Embers

Also, there is a 5% chance from the daily ranked pvp and a 25% chance from the weekly.. but that percentage chance is based on what? 1 RPM? So I have to play 3 weeks of solos on average to get 1 of a material I need 25 of to make 1 augment?

Whut?

That means I'd need to play 75 weeks of soloranked to make 1 augment.
And I need 14 of those.. do I need to play soloranked for 1050 weeks (20 years and some change, btw)

To gear 1 character in new augments? rofl.
And then I haven't even considered the fact that you also need all the other materials
Evolixe | Exilove
Darth Malgus
Watch me live on Twitch

Metthew
09.18.2020 , 08:53 AM | #7
You gotta allow at least team ranked daily and weekly to be completable by losses, at least at half rate. With how it looks currently, only the apex team in the queue will be able to finish the weekly, or at their winrate, even the daily.

edit: I mean, nobody will queue for team ranked if losses don't count for daily/weekly too. It is imperative that solo ranked retains the wins-only daily/weekly completion condition.
Erhart / Wilhemine | Darth Malgus | <Take a Seat>

PrincessFawna
09.18.2020 , 08:54 AM | #8
Ive literally never posted on these forums before. But I absolutely hate this idea--I don't like PVP and definitely not ranked and I shouldnt be forced to engage with that toxic culture just so I can raid better. Will the stats even be worth it? I really hate you making me depend on overinflated trade prices. I just won't be augmenting. This is horrible. The ranked mats will be rarer and the economy is going to be stupid.

AwesomeTacoCat
09.18.2020 , 08:54 AM | #9
In case anyone is curious, each character has 14 gear slots, which will require (ignoring crits) 14*15=210 OEMs. A standard 5 boss NiM operation will drop 7 OEMs. Hence, you must complete 30 NiM operations to gear ONE character in these new augments. Oh and on top of that you have to do ranked PvP for months.

Are you out of your mind?

Metthew
09.18.2020 , 08:54 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
Also, there is a 5% chance from the daily ranked pvp and a 25% chance from the weekly.. but that percentage chance is based on what? 1 RPM? So I have to play 3 weeks of solos on average to get 1 of a material I need 25 of to make 1 augment?

Whut?

That means I'd need to play 75 weeks of soloranked to make 1 augment.
And I need 14 of those.. do I need to play soloranked for 1050 weeks (20 years and some change, btw)

To gear 1 character in new augments? rofl.
1/5 guaranteed loot drop from TR daily and weekly, respectively. + some bonus chance from SR and TR boxes, with only TR having an appreciable chance.
Erhart / Wilhemine | Darth Malgus | <Take a Seat>