PVPers ought to do a documentary on Solo Ranked

Lhancelot

You know I was thinking, wouldn't it be interesting to see a season of SWTOR ranked recorded and edited afterwards then shared with the world what the experience is like? All the good times, bad times, everything ought to be shown. Basically it could be like a reality TV show, only in a streaming format, and about SWTOR ranked.

I know it sounds like a really niche thing to do, but in reality people often find things they do not do interesting to watch or read about. Thing is, with no other such video out, I think a project like this would probably find some success and many would find it entertaining. With all the attention going into gaming nowadays, a video like this could be the backdrop for other things, like a TV show etc. Who knows?

Some things we'd see in the video?

Player using legit ways to get rating and ELO, how hard it is, how long it takes, all these things could be documented easily in a video. I mean it would probably be equally interesting to see how the traders and cheaters do their things too, but I doubt anyone would ever have the guts to show the really dirty underside of ranked and just how far people go to cheat the system, but whatever anyone would want to share would be pretty wild I am sure!

Unfortunately I am severely tech challenged and only can wish I had the time, ability to play with video editing etc., but with the idea in mind I thought I'd share it. If anyone does do this, please make sure you post a link to the forums when you do it. :D

You’d need to get some pvp personalities together so you can see different perspectives to make it really interesting. And maybe even some commentators and interviews.

Ah ok, yeah if you did that you'd really have to go deep it would take a lot more resources and editing, too. I was thinking even from a person's personal level it could still be interesting granted it would be through their lens, both figuratively and physically.

I was thinking even a short video, chopped and cut just to show comments made to the person, lots of stuff could be done in this way to use the material and spread it out.

Basically most people make videos to show how awesome they are, instead of that, this video would be made to showcase how players interact with one another in ranked, how the matches go over time, how many people really are compromising matches, all of these and so many other details could be shown.