Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game keeps kicking like a 3rd of my guild 50 online then down to 35...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game keeps kicking like a 3rd of my guild 50 online then down to 35...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TehMinotaure
07.28.2020 , 05:05 PM | #11
Also had 3 disconnects about an hour ago (two in a MM FP and one sitting in my Stronghold). I didn't try to log back in after the third one. Star Forge server.

thehunterhead
07.28.2020 , 05:39 PM | #12
My whole ops group had 2 to 3 DCs about an hour ago, while we were doing VM Eternity Vault. DCed 2 times while running to the next boss, and once while doing the puzzle.

Star Forge

DarthAlastor
07.28.2020 , 05:47 PM | #13
Same thing is happening on Satele Shan

EricMusco
07.28.2020 , 06:02 PM | #14 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

What we were experiencing is a DDOS attack against our NA datacenter, which impacted the Satele Shan and Star Forge servers. The situation has mostly recovered and we are continuing to monitor. Thank you for your patience.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

GeneralGyro
07.28.2020 , 06:12 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

What we were experiencing is a DDOS attack against our NA datacenter, which impacted the Satele Shan and Star Forge servers. The situation has mostly recovered and we are continuing to monitor. Thank you for your patience.

-eric
my gosh why ddos swtor of all places...

djbullenx
07.28.2020 , 06:40 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by GeneralGyro View Post
Guess someone who is unhappy with the game, though not very smart considering the penalties for committing such a crime.
Just once I wish someone would click this link...
Experience 7 days as a subscriber totally free by clicking this referral link (FREE STUFF!): http://www.swtor.com/r/yYk2Gl

DarkAnnmarie
07.28.2020 , 06:45 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by djbullenx View Post
Guess someone who is unhappy with the game, though not very smart considering the penalties for committing such a crime.
must have been a sub, I mean we're all dumb paying for a game with this many issues

Anyway, it seems it's not just SWTOR, but it's a bit more widespread, other games are being targetted too.

Raansu
07.28.2020 , 07:09 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by GeneralGyro View Post
Why not? Its launched on steam and doing pretty well atm. People who DDOS are trolls who like to cause problems. Doesn't really surprise me that this ended up being a DDOS. Certainly had the symptons of one.

darkwarrior_
07.28.2020 , 08:10 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

We are looking into reports of disconnects and login issues on North American servers, I will provide updates as I have them.

-eric
Huh???? Have i not been complaining about this for like a couple years now ????? Can not imagine what it will be like on the weekend, you need to fix this fast or all the new players will leave on account of bad play experience!!!!!
Now it is a ddos huh>? I will be very surprised if that actually happened and believe more likely you opened up more bandwidth for your servers.

Raansu
07.28.2020 , 08:15 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by darkwarrior_ View Post
Huh???? Have i not been complaining about this for like a couple years now ????? Can not imagine what it will be like on the weekend, you need to fix this fast or all the new players will leave on account of bad play experience!!!!!
Chill out dude. They got ddos'd. It happens.