Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Season 13 and the Future of PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Season 13 and the Future of PvP
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DavidAtkinson's Avatar


DavidAtkinson
07.14.2020 , 01:23 PM | #21
These are overall good changes, but as someone already pointed out, team ranked needs some more love....

No real point to play it currently, unlike s9 and 10. I am pretty confident you can find ways to revive team ranked again.
Darth Malgus Server
Delusional Marauder Main

Darth_Xyphos's Avatar


Darth_Xyphos
07.14.2020 , 01:38 PM | #22
So when you say 'Retire the replica rewards from the vendor" does that mean the ones that are planned to be released (and have been released) will be completely removed from the vendor eventually and not available for future purchase?

hillerbees's Avatar


hillerbees
07.14.2020 , 02:05 PM | #23
Theres nothing in this that would entice me towards ranked PVP. Ranked needs a mix of arenas and 8 v 8 in my opinion and something needs to be done about the toxic nature involved. I'd be happy to feature as best I can on a ranking system but not at the price of being told LTP any time you die first etc.

There is zero reason for playing unranked either - other than for the sheer (limited) fun of it.

ChrisSchmidt's Avatar


ChrisSchmidt
07.14.2020 , 02:42 PM | #24 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  

Correction:
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisSchmidt View Post
We will be extending the Deserter queue lockout to 15 minutes, to disincentivize leaving matches early.
We will be extending the Deserter queue lockout to Unranked matches.

Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Xyphos View Post
So when you say 'Retire the replica rewards from the vendor" does that mean the ones that are planned to be released (and have been released) will be completely removed from the vendor eventually and not available for future purchase?

Yes.

Chris "BioChris" Schmidt | Lead Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

supercometl's Avatar


supercometl
07.14.2020 , 02:42 PM | #25
Yeah, personally not a fan of the change to require winning for ranked missions. There is already an issue with people not being incentivized to get into ranked, due to the huge skill gap between unranked and ranked. One filled with people you could theoretically farm for kills, and the other being filled with people who are able to global you if you mess up. I personally rarely play ranked due to this gap. I find I am decent at unranked, but it isn't the same level of play as ranked. I need more practice so where do I go? I could do pre-made challenges, however that requires other players to be willing to play with zero rewards. Or I can jump into ranked, and get vote kicked in round 3. So, I do ranked and try to win, because I actually want to win, but when you are the weakest link there is a high chance you will be losing more than winning. Again, I personally am fine with losing and learning from my loss, that is the basic premise of any PVP in gaming, or just challenges in general. Maybe I am overthinking this and it will be fine, but I think there is an issue with ranked and removing more incentives to the lower skilled to join in, it just reinforces the exclusivity of ranked pvp, increasing queue times, and killing the player base.

Maybe just add more rewards for winning rounds (tech frags).
Thank you for coming to my TedTalk
(Just putting this referral here don't mind me)

http://www.swtor.com/r/hPpDpW

snave's Avatar


snave
07.14.2020 , 02:50 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisSchmidt View Post

Correction:


We will be extending the Deserter queue lockout to Unranked matches.



[/COLOR]
I for one, look forward to the new meta of standing in the corner of every Vandin and Quesh pop in stealth.

Great change, you truly have your finger on the pulse of the community needs.

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
07.14.2020 , 02:53 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisSchmidt View Post

Correction:


We will be extending the Deserter queue lockout to Unranked matches.



Yes.

But.. why?

Unranked matches rarely suffer from any issues with leavers, and even if so they get backfilled pretty quickly

I'm sorry but this isn't going to stop me from leaving maps I don't like. It is however more likely to make me stop playing entirely if I get back to back maps I really don't want to play

Can we like, forget this change was ever proposed and just not go through with it?
Its trying to fix an issue that doesn't exist
Evolixe | Exilove
Darth Malgus
Watch me live on Twitch

ajiehblr's Avatar


ajiehblr
07.14.2020 , 03:05 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by supercometl View Post
Yeah, personally not a fan of the change to require winning for ranked missions. There is already an issue with people not being incentivized to get into ranked, due to the huge skill gap between unranked and ranked. One filled with people you could theoretically farm for kills, and the other being filled with people who are able to global you if you mess up. I personally rarely play ranked due to this gap. I find I am decent at unranked, but it isn't the same level of play as ranked. I need more practice so where do I go? I could do pre-made challenges, however that requires other players to be willing to play with zero rewards. Or I can jump into ranked, and get vote kicked in round 3. So, I do ranked and try to win, because I actually want to win, but when you are the weakest link there is a high chance you will be losing more than winning. Again, I personally am fine with losing and learning from my loss, that is the basic premise of any PVP in gaming, or just challenges in general. Maybe I am overthinking this and it will be fine, but I think there is an issue with ranked and removing more incentives to the lower skilled to join in, it just reinforces the exclusivity of ranked pvp, increasing queue times, and killing the player base.

Maybe just add more rewards for winning rounds (tech frags).
Agree. IDK who thinks it will help queue... this will kill the queue. Try to see ranked PvP on twitch. People can spend hours without wins and now it's a complete waste of time. And with this queue will be even slower. Terrible change.

Diefexor's Avatar


Diefexor
07.14.2020 , 03:12 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
But.. why?

Unranked matches rarely suffer from any issues with leavers, and even if so they get backfilled pretty quickly

I'm sorry but this isn't going to stop me from leaving maps I don't like. It is however more likely to make me stop playing entirely if I get back to back maps I really don't want to play

Can we like, forget this change was ever proposed and just not go through with it?
Its trying to fix an issue that doesn't exist
I do believe the deserter buff is helpful and deserved. However, there needs to be more systems in place to dissolve the reason people leave in the first place other than being a quitter.

There is no better example to rip off from than WoW....
-Enable the ability to target specific WZ.
-Have a random WZ queue that gives and extra reward.
-Have the ability to black list 1 or 2 WZ from the Random WZ list

Most importantly. Combine all the servers into one large battle group. SWTOR pvp is not healthy enough to have any of the player pools segregated from one another.

They are treating the symptom not the cause.

Pandoras_Jar's Avatar


Pandoras_Jar
07.14.2020 , 03:12 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisSchmidt View Post

Correction:


We will be extending the Deserter queue lockout to Unranked matches.



Yes.

If you're going to introduce a deserter penalty for unranked, then you need to allow us to select which warzones we want to queue for (even if it's just by type). I for one would never queue for an arena again.
Xam Xam Mercenary BodyguardXam Xam Xami Commando Combat Medic
| SWTOR Content Creator Program Member |
Website: mmobits.com - Onslaught - Game Update 6.0 Gearing Guide - 6.0 Mercenary/Commando PvP Healing Guide - 6.0 Class Guides | Twitter: @Rach_Games
~ Satele Shan - APAC/Oceanic - <Korvus/Corvus> ~