Crafting to lvl 700 cap bug not fixed with 6.1.2a. Put back on known issues list pls.

TrixxieTriss

I feel I need to report this as a bug here and link the thread I made in the general section because we’ve had no response from the team and it’s not on the known issues board anymore.

I had quite a few Alts that had 700/700 before the 6.1.2 patch that ended up being 600/700 or 700/600. This was supposed to be fixed with this hot patch.

Instead, I’ve now got Alts where some are back to 700/700, but any of the others that showed 700/600 have been reduced back to 600/600.

Does that mean I have to pay 500,000 credits “again” to open them up?

And what happened to that purchase requirement being removed in 6.1.1?

The problem is I have 55+ plus Alts that had crafting / gathering at various LvLs. But none of them were stuck at 600/600 after 6.1.1. They were either over 600 or below. If they were over 600, they were either 700 or very close. Now I have a whole bunch that are 600/600 and some I know for sure I paid 500,000 to increase to 700 before 6.1.1.

But I’ve no way I can prove which ones I paid for and which ones I didn’t.

Wouldn’t it have just been simplier to put them back to the way they were before 6,1,2 was released and to remove the ridiculous credit sinks to pay 500,000 to open it up above 600.

Has any one else come across this?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=981323

1. I have 55+ Characters and don’t login with every one, every week.

2. I had ones that were 700/700 before 6.1 (That I paid 500,000)

3. I had a few newer that were 700/700 after 6.1,1 (that I didn’t pay for). But with 55+ Alts, I honestly can say exactly how many.

4. When 6.1.2 bug happened, most of my characters, both ones who had paid 500,000 and some that had not, were reduced to 700/600 or 600/600

5. With 55+ characters, I’d not bothered to check every single one and honestly, I’d not kept records of which ones had paid and which hadn’t. (I will say more than half of the ones above 600 had been paid for)

6. When 6.1.2a was released, I went in to check my characters. Only a handful have had their 700/700 rating returned.

7. Most of my characters have been reduced to 600/600. Including those that I paid to 1.5 million credits on to open up 3 mission/profession to 700.

8. Lets not forget the 10,000+’s in credits it costs in missions to take characters from 600 to 700.

I think the only way you can fix this fairly is if we had characters that were 700/700 before, regardless of if we had paid to open the 600 to 700 training, then we should have that reinstated.

Why? because at no time that I know of did you say before 6.1.2 that the “free” 600 to 700 increase was a bug. So people just assumed you’d done something nice for crafters and allowed it to automatically increase.

Anyone lvling up missions from 600 to 700 still had to pay for the actual missions.

Also, it’s obvious the system has difficulty in “perfectly” deciphering wether someone has paid or hasn’t paid to open 600 to 700.

The simplest and easiest solution would be to remove the 500,000 requirement permanently. This should include reverting people back to their 700/700 status if they had made it to 700.

But if you insist on keeping the cost of 500,000 to increase the skill to 700, you really do need to fix it back to people’s skill Lvls so that everyone who had 601+ skill Lvls before 6.1.2 was release, has it again. And make a statement explaining the situation and not have players “guess” what’s going on.

FYI, crafters have been plagued with problems since 6.0 was introduced, you acknowledged that yourselves when you adjusted things. Please consider how this latest blunder has affected crafters even more and driven people from that part of the game or the game in general.

I still don't know if the letting crafters level up without buying the 500k upgrade was a bug or not.

I have been one of the lucky ones in that the fix worked for all my chars as far as I can tell ( haven't logged into every one yet). The problem is the 'fix' worked for characters that I only bought the upgrade for on one skill. Basically I only upgraded biochem on all my endgame characters, and one of each crafting/gathering skill. There was no need to have multiple gatherers at tier 11, but most of my chars have arch/scav just for the convenience and sub grade 11 mats. All of them are now either at a full 700/700, or some where between 600 and 700.

I don't know just what happened, but the fix seems to have been very unevenly applied.

I would never know if it work because I got tired of waiting, re-bought all the skills (Yes, some that paid before had to pay again) and leveled them all back.

What I think instead is that we should all just get a blanket "We're sorry" gift of Cartel Coins. They admit they have no idea who did what, when it happened, or how to actually fix things, and their fix doesn't work for anyone that has already made themselves whole. Something needs to be done over the top

With the 6.1.2. my crew skill was downgraded and I had Archaeology 600/600 and Treasure Hunting 645/600. Artifice was under 600, so it was not affected by the bug.

I assumed that was an intetional downgrade becouse I never paid the 500k credits, so I spent 500k to upgrade the skill cap of Archaeology back to 700, but now, with the 6.1.2b, The Treasure Hunting is again 645/700, so I shouldn't have paid the 500k to the Archaeology Trainer. Will I have my credits back?

Unfortunately 6.1.2b does not appear to have fixed the issue either despite being listed in the patch notes. From the character I first noticed the problem on:

Armstech: 136/600

Scavenging: 600/600 (before I noticed and started to do crafting missions this score was at 629)

Investigation: 649/700

So basically I'm still not bothering with even gathering materials since crafting is still super broken. The menu still automatically pulls up level 11 missions with the drop down saying level 1 and level 11 has never been a drop-down option.

I checked 52 Alts tonight to see what state they are in.

Out of the 25 or so that should all have been fixed back to 700/700 for each of their professions, only four Alts had all 3 professions restored to 700/700.

Most of the others had one profession at 700/700 and the other two were 600/600.

But I had some that I know were 700 a month ago that now have weird number like 698/700 or 603/700.

I’ve also had others that weren’t at 600 lvl yet, but they were close and now they’ve either lost the whole profession as if I didn’t choose any or they’ve been significantly reduced.

My best guess is you did a roll back to data 3-4 months ago and then tried to meld it with current data and some of its accepted it and the rest is defaulted to 600 or rolled it back to 3-4 months ago Lvls. Which isn’t cool.

• 2 weeks later...
I've 80+ toons, I can't remember which were definately at max, I think most were, but I'm not 100%. I haven't bother re buying them, and if they don't fix it, chances are my toons won't level up their crafting any further Edited by DarkTergon