Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 6.1.2 - Known Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CommunityTeam
06.24.2020 , 10:34 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Here are the current known issues for Game Update 6.1.2:
  • When logging into an existing character with a personalized interface or swapping to an older character, certain UI elements may be overridden.
  • Our team is currently investigating the root cause of the Quick Play issue some players might encounter since the last patch.
  • Our team is currently looking into the Crew Skills bug affecting players who didn't have their Crew Skills rank restored to its pre-reset value with last patch, 6.1.2b.
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Nee-Elder
06.24.2020 , 10:47 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityTeam View Post
Here are the current known issues for Game Update 6.1.2:

[/list][*]When logging into an existing character with a personalized interface or swapping to an older character, certain UI elements may be overridden.[/list]
ugh, that ^ could be a problem since it's taken me 9 years to get my ui's exactly how i like them on all toons

Any further details or work-a-rounds? What exactly does "older character" mean? "older" as in created-by which date? or "older" as in hasn't been logged in X amount of days prior to the patch?

Is it possible to save a character's ui settings client-side (within the SWTOR game folder) before downloading today's patch and/or before logging back into the game post-patch? And if so, would such action be preventative in avoiding the *bug* alltogether?

----
ALSO.... see these 2 threads please: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=980868 and http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=980866 ( And i would also be curious to know who/why this type of ui change was added in the first place? Just seems sorta arbitrary addition, which also seems to have been universally opposed/hated on PTS by testers )

---

• The welcome window can only be moved when the "Enable Movable Secondary Window" setting is active.
Cool , thanks for updating your OP ... but 1 follow-up question please: Any chance we could also get an option to delete this new "welcome window" completely? I just don't understand why it's even needed tbqh . ( misguided foolish 'focus group' suggestion maybe? ) ... Or at least just please REVERT the code back to the original version.
Never tell me the odds!

Darittha
06.24.2020 , 12:07 PM | #3
I dont get why you wasted time by working on something that nobody needed or wanted as the original Social Bar worked perfectly for 8+ years.

You spent time and resources making something better into something worse - because honestly what the Social Bar now tells me is that there are exactly: 38 Magnifying Glasses, 1 Bowling Pin, and 13 Flags online.

Now try to compare it to the original Social Bar that worked perfectly for 8+ years.

Do you see the time wasted yet?

Sarova
06.24.2020 , 12:16 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Darittha View Post
I dont get why you wasted time by working on something that nobody needed or wanted as the original Social Bar worked perfectly for 8+ years.

You spent time and resources making something better into something worse - because honestly what the Social Bar now tells me is that there are exactly: 38 Magnifying Glasses, 1 Bowling Pin, and 13 Flags online.

Now try to compare it to the original Social Bar that worked perfectly for 8+ years.

Do you see the time wasted yet?
Amen. I hated it in the PTS but they shoved it on us anyway because [who knows].
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Option to Switch off Vendor Icons In Strongholds
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

Teaurn
06.24.2020 , 12:36 PM | #5
I'm stuck on the character selection screen. After downloading a patch and updating (which took almost an hour) I get to char sel screen and it says I can only go to starter planets and quick uploader on top of screen says 0%. If I try going to repair game it won't let me b/c game doesn't recognize that I downloaded a patch and am having issues (option is greyed out). Several people have reported this on forums.

Xhelis
06.24.2020 , 12:39 PM | #6
So the crafting revert/rollback is intentional, as many suspected. This just keeps getting better and better.

There are no words to describe the level of disappointment with this update. It's unfortunate that after being a sub since day 1 I now consider moving on from the game. The decision making has gone completely off the rails and decisions being made with player input have evaporated.
You like Free stuff. I like free stuff.
You know you want to.

Just CLICK it.

Sveine
06.24.2020 , 12:41 PM | #7
Game is stuck in Quick Play Mode. I can only log on characters on the starting planets. I have tried restarting the game/pc. Removing bitraider files so the client repairs and setting bitraider to startup. Nothing has worked. Multiple reports on twitter too.
Sveine Eidland - Zoig - Ragni Eidland
KTD

Xhelis
06.24.2020 , 12:51 PM | #8
IF we're going to be stuck with redundant bar there should be an option in the UI editor to have the new version or the old version or the new version should have a minimize option like the old one. This new bar is superfluous and fails to provide any added functionality.
You like Free stuff. I like free stuff.
You know you want to.

Just CLICK it.

Darittha
06.24.2020 , 12:51 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Xhelis View Post
So the crafting revert/rollback is intentional, as many suspected. This just keeps getting better and better.
supposedly not intentional. idc about that tbh because the worst that can happen there is u spend 500k and farm 100 points again. problem is the new Social INterface bar u cant really do anything about.

Nyzarii
06.24.2020 , 01:16 PM | #10

The welcome window can only be moved when the "Enable Movable Secondary Window" setting is active.

And please can we have a option to not have it close when we hit escape to bring up the options window? Having to reload the interface every single time I want to see it is frustrating.