Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

It's no fun to be constantly controlled

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
It's no fun to be constantly controlled

Evolixe
05.30.2020 , 11:31 AM | #51
Because the immunity is so short, and rotational, you're going to waste CC into it. But you're not going to do that willingly.

So what this becomes is just a contest between players/teams of who wastes less CC to determine a winner.
You might as well just roll a dice.
Evolixe | Exilove
Darth Malgus
Watch me live on Twitch

Soljin
05.30.2020 , 12:29 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
Because the immunity is so short, and rotational, you're going to waste CC into it. But you're not going to do that willingly.

So what this becomes is just a contest between players/teams of who wastes less CC to determine a winner.
You might as well just roll a dice.

It removes dice rolling actually. It provides full counter play to CC but it depends on the player thinking about when and what to dodge. They can dodge a powerful attack or dodge a part of the set up to the attack and if they choose wisely they will escape getting downed in a CC chain focus attempt.

There is an entirely larger discussion that would need to happen around which abilities to attach the I-frame to and what type of CD would be "Balanced". BW would need to tighten the immunity length (maybe less than 1 sec) to require decent timing to actually dodge the attack you intend to dodge.

If you would rather not bother and stick to what we have that is freedom of choice at its best...it makes sense for you to do so if you main a CC heavy stealth class.

I main a Shadow and still would prefer a faster paced combat with more counter play options.
I want my SWG...
Refer a friend link: http://www.swtor.com/r/rqkzQz

Evolixe
05.30.2020 , 01:12 PM | #53
I play all classes, and I don't think there is any lack of counterplay at all.

If you get ganged up on whilst stunned and nobody helps you, you're meant to die of it.
Evolixe | Exilove
Darth Malgus
Watch me live on Twitch

TitusOfTides
05.30.2020 , 01:35 PM | #54

If you get ganged up on whilst stunned and nobody helps you, you're meant to die of it.
BuT I aM tHe ChOsEn OnE!!!!
There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?

Soljin
05.30.2020 , 01:42 PM | #55

In your opinion...they are meant to die when ganged up on..funny as it is that doesnt always happen now. What Bioware's approach to design at the start is not what they think now and likely will change even further before the game closes.

It's an interesting idea to use I-frames its not a new concept and is used in other MMO(s) already.

You don't like the idea of I-frames I get it...Enough said.
I want my SWG...

TitusOfTides
05.30.2020 , 02:41 PM | #56
In all fairness, the only classes that avoid the gank do so by design.

Ops and Assassins are meant to be slippery opportunists, for example. While I won't debate their potency, I do think that every class is legit viable in the scenarios they were built to be.

Soljin
05.30.2020 , 03:12 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by TitusOfTides View Post
In all fairness, the only classes that avoid the gank do so by design.

Ops and Assassins are meant to be slippery opportunists, for example. While I won't debate their potency, I do think that every class is legit viable in the scenarios they were built to be.
Mercenary and Jugg are not on target for their original design by any means. Jugg can't stay in a fight under pressure as a supposedly aggressive melee dps and Merc can face tank as a supposed high utility ranged DPS...

That aside short I-frames added to existing abilities wouldn't change class design philosophy.
I want my SWG...

TitusOfTides
05.30.2020 , 03:36 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Soljin View Post
Mercenary and Jugg are not on target for their original design by any means. Jugg can't stay in a fight under pressure as a supposedly aggressive melee dps and Merc can face tank as a supposed high utility ranged DPS...

That aside short I-frames added to existing abilities wouldn't change class design philosophy.
Those are good points. I personally am a fan of i-frame abilities in other games and would be interested to see how they could positively affect the state of the game.

I don't think it's unreasonable for each class to have some sort of ability in the vein of Op roll, but if we start adding them for the sake if adding them we could be in store for a major disaster. I think 1 ability per class is more than fair, you just have to find the right flavor for each class. For example, make Blade Blitz/Mad Dash give 1.5s immunity on Maras/Sents. Rocket Out on Mercs, etc. If every class has a stun breaker and a brief 1.5s immunity ability to use strategically, I dont think you'd see a lot of the complaints you do now.

Soljin
05.31.2020 , 09:00 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by TitusOfTides View Post
Those are good points. I personally am a fan of i-frame abilities in other games and would be interested to see how they could positively affect the state of the game.

I don't think it's unreasonable for each class to have some sort of ability in the vein of Op roll, but if we start adding them for the sake if adding them we could be in store for a major disaster. I think 1 ability per class is more than fair, you just have to find the right flavor for each class. For example, make Blade Blitz/Mad Dash give 1.5s immunity on Maras/Sents. Rocket Out on Mercs, etc. If every class has a stun breaker and a brief 1.5s immunity ability to use strategically, I dont think you'd see a lot of the complaints you do now.
I agree with what you have posted.
I want my SWG...

darkofblue
06.01.2020 , 06:18 PM | #60

You play a sage and tell me that you have enough CC breakers to stay alive!

I think you must be the smartest person out the ...so how about enlightening me with your extensive knowledge on how to counterplay, when stunned all the time.

Sorry That is bull!! (i dont see your words as helping anyone)