Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Welcome Window PTS Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DanielSteed
05.08.2020 , 05:33 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello everyone!

With today's PTS update we have added a new welcome window. This window will highlight three different categories:

• Your next Crit Path Mission (or Generic Activity Finder if you don't have any)
  • The current Conquest (and your personal goal)
  • The featured Cartel Market Item

This feature is still being worked on, so some players may have issues with the chat window. If the chat window is minimized, it will not come back for the rest of the play session. Resetting the UI with ctrl+U will temporarily cause the chat window to come back, but it'll go away the as soon as you say something.

Let us know what your thoughts are with this new addition!

Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

CliffRedemption
05.08.2020 , 06:11 PM | #2
The PTS is crashing every time I try to launch it, I tried restarting and am still having this issue.

Estelindis
05.08.2020 , 07:03 PM | #3
I appreciate that this feature is a work-in-progress. My first feedback is that currently the welcome window is maximising every time my character leaves a conversation, and since it takes up a large portion of the screen when it's maximised it's really irritating to have to minimise it repeatedly.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

HKtheindomitable
05.08.2020 , 09:10 PM | #4
I logged in and didn't see anything.
PAX REPUBLICA
Casual PVP&PVE
Star Forge | Captain |International Guild

MaximusRex
05.08.2020 , 09:25 PM | #5
I get it that many games offer something similar, and that the current implementation might be rough, but this thing is too in your face, and moving the Social options from their current space around chat to this window is a terrible decision, we don't need another separate UI fragment that is always in your face. One game has even integrated their version of this window into their equivalent of the Preferences screen, so you can bring it up by hitting ESC, have the preference menu on one side, and the event and sales notices on the other.

I would also move from the vertical format to a horizontal format, add a close button, and not have it pop up more then once at log in.

There is also an missed opportunity to promote the Ops of the day, or other queued events, as well as actual game news.

Evolixe
05.08.2020 , 10:28 PM | #6
There will be plenty of people that don't need or want this
Not when they log on, not when they log off, not at any point in time during their online session

Just make it possible to permanently silence (hide) it, yeah
Evolixe | Exilove
Darth Malgus
Watch me live on Twitch

SilverChap
05.09.2020 , 01:37 AM | #7
Could you please stop tying new UI elements to already existing ones?
First you gave us those annoying conquest pop ups that we can't turn off without losing all other system messages as well and now this oversized waste of space as part of the social center with no option to turn it off at all.

Just make the new stuff separate and, more importantly, allow us to disable it completely in the interface editor. Preferably without losing any actually useful stuff in the process.

ultimarb
05.09.2020 , 01:51 AM | #8
The "new Message" Icon is missing in the new social bar of ui.
Seven Stuck - Hakuna Rakata
Final Tauntaun

Check our Sale-Raid Offers on Tulak Hord - German - English

ultimarb
05.09.2020 , 01:54 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SilverChap View Post
Could you please stop tying new UI elements to already existing ones?
First you gave us those annoying conquest pop ups that we can't turn off without losing all other system messages as well and now this oversized waste of space as part of the social center with no option to turn it off at all.

Just make the new stuff separate and, more importantly, allow us to disable it completely in the interface editor. Preferably without losing any actually useful stuff in the process.
Not a fan of this new "features" either but as far as tested the new welcome list seems to be a dropdown. if you click on the symbol(the one you used to minimize chat....chat got a new one) on the left of the social bar you minimize this window and it wont show up for me the next time i log in.
Seven Stuck - Hakuna Rakata
Final Tauntaun

Check our Sale-Raid Offers on Tulak Hord - German - English

BenKatarn
05.09.2020 , 02:39 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
*snip*
I'll make this relatively easy, Daniel: Stop messing with the UI. All the UI changes over the years have been worse than what was there previously, especially with the current character sheet (too much wasted space, and you can no longer use the mouse wheel to scroll through outfit slots). This, this the icying on the cake. This new notification bar looks worse, it doesn't properly fit to any edge of the screen, and it can't be minimized properly. It also no longer shows how many players are on an instance / planet.

And the whole thing about the current item of the day is just in-your-face advertisement. Get rid of this, immediately.
- = = The Katarn Legacy = = -