Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Increase rewards for PVP - to gear up via PVP!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Increase rewards for PVP - to gear up via PVP!

Lhancelot
05.02.2020 , 09:08 AM | #1
One glaring hole in the game right now is how little PVP is rewarded for the time invested. Particularly when it comes to essential gear sets and/or tacticals needed for PVP.

As everyone knows now, the fastest and "easiest" way to gear up is via PVE activities (which consists of running short/fast FPs as fast as possible, spacebarring everything in sight.)

Instead of inadvertently forcing players on the game to have to run Hammer Station or Red Reaper FPs in groups or solo as a stealth like many people do, why not encourage players to PVP by bumping up the rewards here.

For starters, Bioware should bump up the amount of awarded tech frags across the board in PVP. For instance voting for a player at the end of the match ought to be far more rewards than is allotted now. According to a pal of mine, each vote gives 10 tech frags! If this is true, it ought to be 50 at the very least! If it's not true, this should be an added feature then! If players were awarded 50 or 100 tech frags per vote, it would actually make voting matter.

It's pretty clear gamers on SWTOR respond well to rewards.

This brings me to the next part of this process, which is to bring back crafting mats as rewards in ranked PVP.

Yes, even those who opposed it while it was an active feature now are admitting the game WAS BETTER with crafting mats being awarded for participating in ranked PVP.

Now, the third idea I have to supplement PVP with more rewards is to actually ADD a new loot box/crate. This would be a "Victor's Booty Box," or a (VBB or more simply a VB)

"Victor's Booty Box," and what is it?

This special "Victor's Booty Box" would be awarded to the winning team after EVERY PVP match. It could offer an additional chance at getting a gear set piece or other legacy bound gear pieces needed for BiS. The point of this is to add more supplemental gear rewards for PVP due to the severe time investment and inefficiency of the PVP reward system right now. For the time invested, the reward in PVP is 1/10 of that of PVE activities and I feel this ought to be a bit more fair for those who PVP and would like to gear up via PVP versus the present way which is to grind the fastest FP spacebarring it as fast as possible. Surely this isn't really what the devs want.

TL;DR

1. Add 50-100 tech frags for every vote a player gets at the end of each WZ match. This would make voting matter, and add in a much needed supplemental method of getting tech frags.

2. Add crafting mats back to the game for awards in ranked, everyone now recognizes this was a major mistake to remove from the game! This change essentially removed any reason lower tier players would have for queing ranked PVP. Now as we all see, it's actually important to have a larger pool of players participating in PVP. This goes for regs too, btw. Regs could be bolstered with a better reward system including adding crafting mats and that would even stimulate activity in regs, too.

3. Add a new feature to PVP, that being a loot box of some type (I offered "Victor's Booty Box" (but I am sure there's far better ideas for a name.) For every match WON, the victors are awarded a box/crate that can only be won via winning a WZ, which would further encourage players to win matches. Naturally losers ought to get nothing or very little when it comes to rewards at the end of a match. If BW really wants actions to matter, then winning has to offer more than losing.
Please join the discussion on how to improve rewards for PVP
HERE
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...82#post9840582

AndrewAlberts
05.02.2020 , 09:24 AM | #2
I have been looking for someone to pitch in some appropriate rewards for PvP, since I don't do it myself. I once proposed that ALL activities give fragment rewards that reflect the effort it took to attain them, to cut down on the Hammer spamming, which I despise. The short version of my previous post is: each daily area weekly would yield 500 fragments, the weeklies for VM and MM FP's would yield 800 frags for VM, 600 for MM (plus a bonus if all the FPs run to get them were random), and Operations weeklies would yield fragments on a 500-per-boss basis. I could not come up with a suggestion for appropriate PvP rewards for obvious reasons, so I'm hoping to hear what you think.

Lhancelot
05.02.2020 , 09:34 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by AndrewAlberts View Post
I have been looking for someone to pitch in some appropriate rewards for PvP, since I don't do it myself. I once proposed that ALL activities give fragment rewards that reflect the effort it took to attain them, to cut down on the Hammer spamming, which I despise. The short version of my previous post is: each daily area weekly would yield 500 fragments, the weeklies for VM and MM FP's would yield 800 frags for VM, 600 for MM (plus a bonus if all the FPs run to get them were random), and Operations weeklies would yield fragments on a 500-per-boss basis. I could not come up with a suggestion for appropriate PvP rewards for obvious reasons, so I'm hoping to hear what you think.
I didn't run the math, that's not my specialty but if they simply bumped up the rewards granted already I'd think that would fix the issue.

The rewards from completing WZs is abysmal. One guy I group with regularly explained that votes actually grant tech frags, votes in the WZs at the end of the match. I didn't bother checking to see if that's true.

Besides that, there's really little gained besides the weekly and daily which simply isn't enough for the time invested. Hence why PVPers end up spamming Hammer Stations to avoid any lengthy PVE activities but, that's what's necessary to gear up. PVE activities.

Thing is, I did it for 5 weeks. I geared one character up, and got 2 others partially geared mostly spamming HS runs. I am just done with it though. I despise PVE on this game, never liked it, always played "my way" via PVP and geared up that way. (Why did this get removed?)

So, I am doing my usual thing, running WZs with one geared toon, and two partially geared toons. I get boxes from renown occasionally that drop something useful but that's like once a week I might get something decent from renown crates it's ultra rare.

I can detect the problem, how to fix it is their problem. Honestly they typically come up with their own solutions and that's fine. I will just leave that for BW to sort out. I am just bringing up a relevant point which is gearing up via PVP is impossible.

Instead of being rewarded for PVP we get punished when you consider the time invested and rewards allotted, that's a bit unfair especially when the present mantra of BW is "play it your way."
HERE

Jdast
05.02.2020 , 10:45 AM | #4
I go back and forth on the following, curious about what you think...

Let's stipulate that (per your post in other thread, where I am CRUSHING it) that PvP (and GSF) should increase the number of Conquest points by several orders of magnitude, though I think there should be a daily cap (a pretty high one).

But I digress...If they increased actual rewards for PvP, should they also get rid of or lower bolster?

I can think of arguments for and against.

Dasty

AndrewAlberts
05.02.2020 , 10:57 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
I didn't run the math, that's not my specialty
Well, if you give me the number of fragments that the daily/weekly quests associated with PvP (and GSF, if you can) give, I could probably come up with my best estimation as to how many fragments that PvP/GSF should yield instead of what they do now. Math is just one of my specialties, the values I came up with are based on rewards from daily/weekly quests now.

Stradlin
05.02.2020 , 11:16 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
I am sick of Hammer Station spams. It sucks. Why is this the most efficient way to gear up, and why can we no longer gear up via PVP/WZs?

I hate PVE on this game, and for years had the ability to gear up via PVP, then for some odd reason BW decided to ruin their gearing system (again) even removing the option of gearing via PVP. Why?!

Why was it claimed that the new mantra was "play your way" yet here we are in 2020, unable to play our way? BW has lied about offering more options in the game allowing us to play "our way." This simply isn't true.

So. Make it true! Add more rewards for PVP, so PVPers can be included in the group of players happy with how gearing is now so they too can honestly say they "play their way" while gearing up.
Yeah it is very boring and strange how you need FPs to get gear fast. Only good thing about it, one really needs to do it only once. Then, circulating 306 to new alts makes one massive shortcut. I wouldn't mind all activities giving entry lvl 306 tho.

When it comes to set items.. Do people actually get the ones they want as drops from..anywhere really? I don't think I've ever completed a good set in any way besides buying it from fleet.

Lhancelot
05.03.2020 , 05:34 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
I go back and forth on the following, curious about what you think...

Let's stipulate that (per your post in other thread, where I am CRUSHING it) that PvP (and GSF) should increase the number of Conquest points by several orders of magnitude, though I think there should be a daily cap (a pretty high one).

But I digress...If they increased actual rewards for PvP, should they also get rid of or lower bolster?

Dasty
I don't consider bolster part of the conquest issue so any issues with bolster is separate in my mind. I mean, bolster enables people to enter a match and not be as disadvantaged.

It's not perfect, in fact bolster is less effective atm due to more power coming from gear sets and tacticals, so someone "undergeared" probably is running without these items which bolster has no effect on. Like me, when I first began gearing up, I tried to PVP. I was operating at about half power compared to when I got tacticals and a gear set, literally my numbers went from HPS of 4-5k to 9-12k depending on what's going on. I mean, it is that massive of a different running tacticals/gear sets versus not! So bolster I think works fine, but only within the constraints of what it was made to do.

Maybe I am missing your point about bolster. Elaborate if you meant something else.
HERE

TmoneyTime
05.06.2020 , 11:18 AM | #8
Hate Hammer Station. Love PVP.... Have been playing Hammer station the MMO since coming back. Not enjoying it. Plz fix.

TrixxieTriss
05.15.2020 , 12:28 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
If they increased actual rewards for PvP, should they also get rid of or lower bolster?

Dasty
I have to agree with Lhance, bolster isn’t a problem because it’s only based on stats and at the moment the set bonuses, tactical’s play a larger role and to a lesser extent, amplifiers too. Plus, bolster doesn’t give you max stats anyway. There is already a gap between max stats (min/max) and bolstered stats. The only part of pvp that probably should not have bolster is ranked and Bioware don’t seem to want to do that.

Soljin
05.16.2020 , 11:33 AM | #10
I like these ideas, Bioware you will implement these ideas and leave the way for better PvP rewards open...and drop your blaster!
I want my SWG...
Refer a friend link: http://www.swtor.com/r/rqkzQz