Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone Down For Some World PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Star Forge
Anyone Down For Some World PvP?

KiAdiMundi
12.16.2019 , 01:03 PM | #1
As the title states, who's down for some world PvP? Pubs verses the wretched Imps, like the good 'ol days. We get a defined time and place, toggle that PvP instance, and let it rip.
*We Were AFK*

Casual, Friendly PvP and Ops Enthusiasts

Sindol
12.16.2019 , 02:56 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by KiAdiMundi View Post
As the title states, who's down for some world PvP? Pubs verses the wretched Imps, like the good 'ol days. We get a defined time and place, toggle that PvP instance, and let it rip.
If I could make it Iíd be there. Just had 2nd kid tho...so canít guarantee anything. But interested nonetheless.
Backrocket Bastards

RP Swag, PVP flagged.

Yung_Dko
04.11.2020 , 10:18 PM | #3
Did this ever happen?? I woud love to be down for world pvp

OrigWrangler
04.18.2020 , 11:30 AM | #4
Would also be interested in some world PVP

Oromis
04.19.2020 , 07:51 PM | #5
I would love to World PvP, is there any guilds that focus on coordinating that?
Star Forge - Jad'orel, Oromis, Jadorel

Looking to get Open World PvP organized

Darka
04.20.2020 , 04:59 AM | #6
I think it is hard to really sort out, we used to wander around in the past and see what was going on, but people were never really looking for a consistent fight, the people we caught were just passing through places
Though, I have been tempted to set up RP patrols of certain areas and see what happens
The Defender Program est 2006 Presents
@Darkatron @DefenderProgram on Facebook/Twitter
Owner of the Hat'o'Awesome

Oromis
04.20.2020 , 06:52 AM | #7
If we got a couple of guilds in both factions to commit to just getting it going, we could pick places in the game for us to fight and just tell everyone to go there
Star Forge - Jad'orel, Oromis, Jadorel

Looking to get Open World PvP organized

Nee-Elder
04.20.2020 , 12:22 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Oromis View Post
I would love to World PvP, is there any guilds that focus on coordinating that?
You literally just joined our guild, so i'm not exactly sure why you didn't first ask ME about this lol ....but anyways....

Personally, i play all my toons in the 'PVP instance' (on every planet) 95% of my playtime since the game began. imho, it makes the game more fun & immersive. But that's me. ( i come from SWG, where we had PLAYER bounties & perma-overt & such)

As a guild, however, i've found over the years as GM that trying to "force" members to PVP just simply doesn't work and it only tends to alienate people. PVP'ers are a very different breed, especially open-world PVP'ers.

Consequently, what typically ends up happening nowadays is certain GM's (not necessarily me) will make a few announcements in Fleet genchat as well as in the server 'allies' channel (the chat channel me & a few other GM's created wayyyyy back in 2012 and has morphed into what it's become now on Star Forge) an hour or so beforehand, usually for PVP achievements hunting. (since achievements is practically the only way to get most players to join)

Recently, we've done open-world battles on the new Orderon planet , as well as even the old Tatooine Outlaw's Den area. Plus we also tried an event with another guild at our 'Jedi Academy' stronghold. And all 3 "events" were super fun of course but also very challenging to organize.

Unfortunately, those types of EVENTS are few & far between, since a) the game engine of SWTOR still cannot handle large-scale mass PVP very well in most areas (aka lagfest) and b) there really isn't much incentive to open-world PVP other than achievements as i said already, or sometimes to battle over 'named Commanders' (for Flagship plans) but that happens randomly mostly during week's where named Commanders are a Conquest objective.

For years, i've been prodding BioWare to somehow incorporate 'Ranked PVP points & rewards' into the open-world PVP system (as well as player bounties) so people would really be motivated to play in PVP instances way more often. But so far, no one seems to like that idea.

Honestly, the only time there's CONSISTANT (reliable) open-world PVP is during 'Gree Event' week (using the original Ilum pvp area ) . And maybe a few skermishes during 'Rakghoul Plague' week (like last week in the caves fighting to farm 'Catalyst' spawns) .

Otherwise...good luck

It's a shame too cuz imo open-world PVP is 1000 times more interesting & fun than silly confined queue'ing redundant Warzones over & over again.

./shrug
Never tell me the odds!

GamingWithEagle
04.29.2020 , 03:52 PM | #9
Our guild has a rival pubside guild we do PvP against on Saturdays.