Maintenance: March 13, 2020

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hello everyone,

We will be taking the servers offline on March 13, 2020 to deploy Game Update 6.1b. Based on testing over this past week, we feel these changes are in a good state to push live. The changes can be found in the patch notes attached below.

Details:

DATE: March 13, 2020

TIME: 6:00AM - 8:00AM PST (1300 - 1500 GMT)

VERSION: 6.1b

Patch notes are available here: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Based on testing over this past week, we feel these changes are in a good state to push live.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you didn't even specifically ask us to test changes for KP adds at all. So what feedback are you talking about?

Edited by BenKatarn

Hello everyone,

We will be taking the servers offline on March 13, 2020 to deploy Game Update 6.1b. Based on testing over this past week, we feel these changes are in a good state to push live. The changes can be found in the patch notes attached below.

Details:

When are you going to tell these devs to fix getting stuck on deco's and anything on planets it's so annoying and has been a bug for a long time.

Hello everyone,

Details:

Les serveurs seront mis hors ligne le 13 mars 2020 pour la mise en place de la mise à jour 6.1b. Après les tests de ce weekend, nous pensons que ces changements sont prêts à être ajoutés au jeu. Vous pourrez trouver la liste des changements dans les notes de mise à jour ci-dessous.

Détails :

DATE : 13 mars 2020

HEURE : 1400h (heure de Paris) à 1600h (heure de Paris)

VERSION : 6.1b

Les notes de mise à jour sont disponibles ici*: http://www.swtor.com/fr/patchnotes

Merci de votre patience pendant la maintenance de Star Wars™ : The Old Republic™ !

Am 13. März 2020 nehmen wir die Server offline, um Spiel-Update 6.1b aufzuspielen. Basierend auf den Tests des vergangenen Wochenendes sind wir überzeugt, mit diesen Änderungen live zu gehen. Die Änderungen findet ihr in den unten angehängten Patch-Hinweisen.

Details:

DATUM: 13. März 2020

ZEIT: 1400Uhr MEZ bis 1600Uhr MEZ

Patch-Hinweise sind hier verfügbar: http://www.swtor.com/de/patchnotes

Danke für eure Geduld, während wir die Dienste für Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ aktualisieren.

The time difference between PST and GMT is 8 hours, not 7 hours.

Incorrect: "6:00AM - 8:00AM PST (1300 - 1500 GMT)"

Correct: "6:00AM - 8:00AM PST (1400 - 1600 GMT)"

Incorrect: "1400h (heure de Paris) à 1600h (heure de Paris)"

Correct: "1500h (heure de Paris) à 1700h (heure de Paris)"

Incorrect: "1400Uhr MEZ bis 1600Uhr MEZ"

Correct: "1500Uhr MEZ bis 1700Uhr MEZ"

Edited by SchnellesWiesel

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you didn't even specifically ask us to test changes for KP adds at all. So what feedback are you talking about?

The word "feedback" does not appear in the original post. So, you might as well ask "what bananas are you talking about". :)

The word "feedback" does not appear in the original post. So, you might as well ask "what bananas are you talking about". :)

Ok I'll clarify what I believe to be the question (or at least, my question): i assume the intent of increasing the health of the mobs in KP is to nerf the KP farm. If so, how does this work? Is the hp being increased so dramatically that it takes substantively longer to farm? Why not just nerf the xp gain from these particular mobs? Or, if not farm related, what is the point?

• Dev Post
The time difference between PST and GMT is 8 hours, not 7 hours.

Incorrect: "6:00AM - 8:00AM PST (1300 - 1500 GMT)"

Correct: "6:00AM - 8:00AM PST (1400 - 1600 GMT)"

Incorrect: "1400h (heure de Paris) à 1600h (heure de Paris)"

Correct: "1500h (heure de Paris) à 1700h (heure de Paris)"

Incorrect: "1400Uhr MEZ bis 1600Uhr MEZ"

Correct: "1500Uhr MEZ bis 1700Uhr MEZ"

The U.S. observed Daylights Savings last weekend, so PST is now 7 hours behind GMT. :)

The U.S. observed Daylights Savings last weekend, so PST is now 7 hours behind GMT. :)

Minor quibble. It's Daylight Saving Time; nothing is plural. Pacific Standard Time, PST, is -8 hours offset from UTC. Pacific Daylight Time, PDT, is -7 hours offset from UTC.

To be frank, you're about to deliver a whole bunch of class changes that may or may not affect things again with your bolster and everyone will be able to play with the Master Mode changes now. I get you're desperate and likely want more data to play with but please understand, you are skewing your own results unless you deliberately want to see what it's like on live.

Please don't come to a final decision beforehand and use this opportunity to collect data- especially when there are many DPS classes you are currently in the process of balancing on PTS with an effective nerf in numbers. I mean, otherwise you'll have ended up upsetting everyone in this debate on both sides which leads to further population loss.

Dear Dev Team:

Go buy a Clue. You roll this BS nerf out but don't fix any of your broken content, provide no story upgrades and do nothing to improve game play and pat yourselves on the back. People are farming KP because your conquest system sucks. Do you fix it...NO... do you fix a completely broken crafting system, NO..Do you fix any of the other garbage you have messed up and broken or made un fun, NO. But you need a special patch to Nerf something players are doing in response to your failure to provide alternatives. YOU are the problem, not the way people are playing the game. Stop screwing things up and maybe provide meaningful alternatives. You destroyed crafting, and now you are trying to destroy Conquest...Do any of you actually play the game without artifically boosted characters? Stop screwing things up and do something positive for a change.:mad:

Dear Dev Team:

Go buy a Clue. You roll this BS nerf out but don't fix any of your broken content, provide no story upgrades and do nothing to improve game play and pat yourselves on the back. People are farming KP because your conquest system sucks. Do you fix it...NO... do you fix a completely broken crafting system, NO..Do you fix any of the other garbage you have messed up and broken or made un fun, NO. But you need a special patch to Nerf something players are doing in response to your failure to provide alternatives. YOU are the problem, not the way people are playing the game. Stop screwing things up and maybe provide meaningful alternatives. You destroyed crafting, and now you are trying to destroy Conquest...Do any of you actually play the game without artifically boosted characters? Stop screwing things up and do something positive for a change.:mad:

Dude, it’s just a patch. They are hopefully fixing a bunch of stuff in 6.1.1 and 6.1.2. I suggest you mozzie on over to the PTS forum and check out some of the changes and posts over there. Alternatively, if you want to see all the yellow Bioware posts on what’s happening, go read the dev tracker forum.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Just an idea for folks outside NA, next time you are out look for a cheap clock i mean cheap.Plug in is better. Now set clock to PST time. Myself i play EU server due to my working hours so i set extra clock to London time(alot of guildmates on that time) makes it easier to see when i need to be online.

Just an idea for folks outside NA, next time you are out look for a cheap clock i mean cheap.Plug in is better. Now set clock to PST time. Myself i play EU server due to my working hours so i set extra clock to London time(alot of guildmates on that time) makes it easier to see when i need to be online.

Just note that if you do do that that most of the US observes Daylight Saving Time from the second Sunday in March through the first Sunday in November because the farmers say we have to*. Maybe make yourself a note that you put on the clock with those dates so you know when to set it forward and back for DST.

* It is a myth that Daylight Saving Time has anything to do with farmers, but it is one that persists and they often get the blame by the uninformed in the States. Just like it's a myth that there is any benefit to DST.

Daylight Saving Time was a joke created by Benjamin Franklin in 1874 who wrote a satirical letter suggesting resetting clocks to save candles

In 1918 The US House of Representatives and the US Senate took his joke seriously. It was supposed to conserve energy during Word War I. Its absurd that it is still a thing now.

PST is not PDT.

PST = Pacific Standard Time; time difference to GMT is 8 hours.

PDT = Pacific Daylight Time; time difference to GMT is 7 hours.

UTC-8	=  PST	(Pacific Standard Time)				e.g. United States (California)
UTC-7	=  PDT	(Pacific Daylight Time)				e.g. United States (California)

UTC-7	=  MST	(Mountain Standard Time)			e.g. United States (Montana)
UTC-6	=  MDT	(Mountain Daylight Time)				e.g. United States (Montana)

UTC-6	=  CST	(Central Standard Time)				e.g. United States (Arkansas)
UTC-5	=  CDT	(Central Daylight Time)				e.g. United States (Arkansas)

UTC-5	=  EST	(Eastern Standard Time)				e.g. United States (New York)
UTC-4	=  EDT	(Eastern Daylight Time)				e.g. United States (New York)

UTC+-0	=  GMT	(Greenwich Mean Time)				e.g. Great Britain
UTC+1	=  BST	(British Summer Time)				e.g. Great Britain

UTC+-0	=  WET	(Western European Time)			e.g. Great Britain
UTC+1	=  WEST	(Western European Summer Time)		e.g. Great Britain

UTC+1	=  CET	(Central European Time)				e.g. France, Germany
UTC+2	=  CEST	(Central European Summer Time)		e.g. France, Germany

Edited by SchnellesWiesel

I'm so glad we can get the devs involved in a quibble over timezones while all the feedback threads are being roundly ignored, well outside of the one on MM new (and only real endgame) op.

I guess we see where the priorites are. Nice to know I can consistently be relied on to throw money at you even when you're practically trying to chase me off, I guess.

Did 6.1b deploy?

I'm showing 6.1b on my launcher but I don't remember seeing the "reorganizing data..." and all that.

Even when the servers are down, the patch is usually available.

Not for another 30 minutes. The launcher is usually the first to get pushed data since it's always reading whatever data is current which includes latest major patch info, cartel market info, and the actual current (or soon to be deployed in a couple of hours) patch number.

I'm so glad we can get the devs involved in a quibble over timezones while all the feedback threads are being roundly ignored, well outside of the one on MM new (and only real endgame) op.

I guess we see where the priorites are. Nice to know I can consistently be relied on to throw money at you even when you're practically trying to chase me off, I guess.

Involved how? We've had one response that defended the error and the original post still says Pacific Standard Time. I'd consider that as about as uninvolved as you can get.

*The health of most non-boss encounter NPCs has increased in all difficulties for the Karagga's Palace Operation.

*The effects of Bolster have been increased in Master Mode Operations, this change is being made to alleviate concerns around the removal of the Veteran's Edge player buff in Game Update 6.1.

The ptach notes seem spare. What about all the class changes on PTS? Are they being implemented today or not?

Edited by TonyTricicolo