Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

am i missing something about slicing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
am i missing something about slicing?

ZingFreelancer
12.31.2011 , 09:01 AM | #11
I would be just fine with slicing nerf if they had upped the amount of mission schematic drops.

Zierk
12.31.2011 , 09:03 AM | #12
This was all planned by Bioware to put the initial influx of currency in the market then they shut it down before people got to rich. Get over it.
||▨╟╬∑|█ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)
"I will not falter, my hate knows no bounds."

Weeblie
12.31.2011 , 09:22 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Homegrownn View Post
this is where your totally missing the point
the way the skill is now, its absurdly weak to have slicing, maybe before it was OP because of the ppl farming high level lockboxes with impunity and low respawns along with the missions, but as it is now you can send your pet to lose you money, or you can farm the boxes which return so little money its not worth it
why would you want a skill that barely pays off and only when you find lockboxes while your out questing when you could have any of the other skills that give you mats you can sell, or create items, or whatever, from missions, along with the same type of harvesting nodes you find as a slicer
people complained that slicing was OP and needed to be balanced, now that it was nerfed into oblivion, people dont seem to care so much about balance as they care that everyone else isnt getting something they werent

and just because you got mats instead of actual money, there is still plenty of value to those items, just because you dont sell them or whatever doesnt mean that you didnt profit from it
now all slicing missions for lockboxes just lose you money basicly, what the hell is the point to that?
You are the one missing the point.

1. Slicing is a gathering skill, not a mission skill.

2. Slicing was previously overpowered because of the missions, and not because of the lockboxes scattered all over the world.

3. Sending your idle companions out on missions is most definitively not sustainable on any of the other gathering skills. It's cheaper to simply buy the materials from GTN.

4. Statistics show that slicing missions, except for the lowest level ones, are profitable despite the nerfs.
"Nothing is impossible because impossible itself says I M Possible."

LilTikiBoy
12.31.2011 , 09:26 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Weeblie View Post
You are the one missing the point.

1. Slicing is a gathering skill, not a mission skill.

2. Slicing was previously overpowered because of the missions, and not because of the lockboxes scattered all over the world.

3. Sending your idle companions out on missions is most definitively not sustainable on any of the other gathering skills. It's cheaper to simply buy the materials from GTN.

4. Statistics show that slicing missions, except for the lowest level ones, are profitable despite the nerfs.
i <3 u

Raelstrom
12.31.2011 , 09:30 AM | #15
Play the game.

LilTikiBoy
12.31.2011 , 09:31 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Raelstrom View Post
Play the game.
shhh, im afk grinding missions on my gathering profession for massive profit while trolling the forums and streaming movies!