Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thums up for the Auto Kick in warzones when afk

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Thums up for the Auto Kick in warzones when afk

BobBarnsen
12.31.2011 , 07:56 AM | #1
I like it, when i join a warzone, but switch to the desktop for some seconds because of those damn loading times every time. And getting back after about 10 seconds on my way to join the fight. But can't because the forcewall blocking my way out, and then getting kicked
What's the afk timer, 30 sec or what

Maxxacre
12.31.2011 , 08:00 AM | #2
What's so important on your desktop that you have to minimize when your team is relying upon you for a strong first push in a warzone? If you're going to take the queue, at least be there to dedicate yourself completely to the fight. People are on the forums constantly complaining about team mates who sit around and do nothing, or go afk unnecessarily during warzones. Now people are complaining about getting kicked for going afk?

Well obviously they can't please both crowds because it's quite the opposite interest here. I would expect to be kicked if I minimized for any reason during PvP. And I expect that other knuckle draggers who do it will get kicked too so maybe we can get someone in the WZ who actually is going to contribute 100% of his time there to helping the team win. Just saying!
"Paper is fine, nerf rock!" --Scissors

Niconogood
12.31.2011 , 08:06 AM | #3
How about joining close on timer, seeing the loading screen for PvP, hearing beamsounds in the background and then jumping right into the loading screen for ord mantell bay due to being kicked/ having slow loading time. They should at least sync it with your load screen, cause of now its just pissing me off having to use 5 min to run back to wherever I was when i joined.
R.I.P. Baluba - Commando - Uthar Wynn
R.I.P. Pebbles - Sage - Uthar Wynn
Baluba - Witch Doctor
Baluba - Guardian

Zeromentor
12.31.2011 , 08:11 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Niconogood View Post
How about joining close on timer, seeing the loading screen for PvP, hearing beamsounds in the background and then jumping right into the loading screen for ord mantell bay due to being kicked/ having slow loading time. They should at least sync it with your load screen, cause of now its just pissing me off having to use 5 min to run back to wherever I was when i joined.
Sounds are easier than pictures, and I'd love to see you back here if that does happen.

"I can only see a black screen and maybe a white flash of light 20 seconds before my screen fully loads! FIX FIX FIX!"
-That'd be the people that no longer want what they asked for.

Anyhow, OP, why are you going to your desktop? Youtube? Skype? Forums? Trying to AFK grind?
Ex-SWG player from 2005-2008.
RIP: Zeromentor, level 90 Bounty Hunter
RIP: Zerocyber, level 72 Spy.
Europe-Infinity Server. Now on Kinrath Spider.

knarral
12.31.2011 , 08:21 AM | #5
Actually I have alt+tabbed to my desktop to check the forums, but I did it after I had clicked "enter warzone" and I had completely forgotten that I had clicked it at all because Mountain Dew is GEWD! and I took a drink whilst waiting for the page to refresh, and I came back 5 minutes later to find that I was supposed to do something and queued for a warzone and joined and proceeded to win the exact same warzone that I had AFKed out of. :P

Moral of the story is: Mountain Dew is GEWD and can cause short term memory loss if you have repeated the same action over and over expecting the same result all day long. :P
"She's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve Parsecs.
But isn't a parsec a unit of distance and not time?" (Blue Harvest, Family Guy)
The train, it's moving full speed ahead! Chuggachugga Chuggachugga Chuggachugga Chuggachugga CHOO CHOO!

Keistown
12.31.2011 , 09:10 AM | #6
Yes, its FORBIDDEN!! FFS to alt tab. You must watch loading screen!

P.S. Wannabe afk buff kicks people who alt tab or have slower loading (thx bad game engine) and bots can bot freely. Seems legit.

Aidank
12.31.2011 , 09:18 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Maxxacre View Post
What's so important on your desktop that you have to minimize when your team is relying upon you for a strong first push in a warzone?
The **** I have open while I play SWTOR is none of your business sir.

Sugarpill
12.31.2011 , 09:21 AM | #8
Fullscreen (Windowed) and smaller windows on top of SWTOR is your solution. I do this when playing on my laptop, where I don't have the benefit of two monitors.