Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: February 13, 2020

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: February 13, 2020
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OldVengeance
02.12.2020 , 03:19 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlesBoyd View Post
Yes, and for a couple of other characters too
I avoided the spoiler but it would be nice to get some more content for the romances who haven't had any more scenes since their return.

JattaGin
02.12.2020 , 04:06 AM | #92
Why do people assume that the problem with the patch is a bug?

They only spoke very vaguely about a "last minute issue" which they still need to understand fully. That can mean anything. Maybe this "issue" is that the patch is simply not ready coded, but they thought it would be by now. And the reason they don't tell a new date for the patch is that they don't know yet when they will actually have the patch ready? Some dev didn't deliver their codelines yet or whatever.

I wouldn't be surprised.

If there is a specific bug or actual issue, they could (and probably would?) have been a bit more specific like "we found a bug in the new stronghold and pest patrol has been booked for tomorrow".
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

Rexsimeni
02.12.2020 , 05:51 AM | #93
Somethink new about the 6.1 releas date ?

Sarova
02.12.2020 , 07:38 AM | #94
Specifically, the cinematic scene for the mission "Signal from Noise" will end with...
Spoiler

That said, our investigations into the exact cause of the bug are still ongoing, so we don't feel comfortable calling this a fully "fixed" issue. As it currently seems unlikely that we will get such confirmation in time for the release, we wanted to share these details for those among you who are justifiably cautious where your romances are involved. If you’re concerned about potentially missing the cinematic lines referencing this romance, you may want to hold off on starting “Signal from Noise” when it becomes available in update 6.1.
Did no-one see this? Devs, have you really not tested / run through the Scourge romance to see if it runs as intended? Are you expecting us to do that knowing full well the/any errors will not be retro fixed? Is anyone who romanced Scourge prepared to sacrifice their character's romance just to check this out? I'm not.
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Option to Switch off Vendor Icons
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

Shulot
02.12.2020 , 07:39 AM | #95
I sure hope that includes a fix for Lana Beniko

Farferello
02.12.2020 , 07:55 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
Did no-one see this? Devs, have you really not tested / run through the Scourge romance to see if it runs as intended? Are you expecting us to do that knowing full well the/any errors will not be retro fixed? Is anyone who romanced Scourge prepared to sacrifice their character's romance just to check this out? I'm not.
I remade my Knight with a 70 token until I get the chance to replay him normally (mostly because I was concerned this wouldn't get fixed) so I'll likely run it on the token one first to see the romance, and then test it on my other version of the character (the one who has the romance bug) to see if it plays or not. I intend to not play the broken Knight anymore anyway so I'm willing to test it out.

But it still is pretty crappy that it has not been tested by the Devs to see if it will run or not. If I didn't have the token version of my Knight, I certainly wouldn't risk it and I'd be pretty annoyed I couldn't deal with this Vitiate stuff on my Knight first.

Xina_LA
02.12.2020 , 08:08 AM | #97
We know how important romance storylines are for our players (they're important to us, too!) and will work hard to ensure that the issue is fully resolved in our next patch. As soon as we know the release date and have the fix confirmed, we’ll let you know.
I've lost romances on all but two of my characters. All the romances with Theron, Lana, and Koth disappeared somewhere along the line, despite taking all the Flirt options I could find. Romances with class companions survived the chapters. Customer service told me each time that nothing can be done.

(Interesting note: All the characters who lost their romances are female Agents. Yes, I have a bunch of agents. Light side loyal to the Empire, light side double agent, dark side loyal to the Empire, dark side independent, etc.)

Given that you realize how important romances are, and how deeply disappointing it is to try to run a story repeatedly with variations only to be forced into the same generic dialog repeatedly, are there any plans to add a fix? Perhaps something the players could manage themselves, like a Romance Terminal, where we can set who our current romance is?

It would be nice to go back and replay some of those chapters with the romance reinstated, and even better to go forward knowing those fun story moments will take place.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

vanluina
02.12.2020 , 09:44 AM | #98
Any idea when 6.1 will be released now?

EricMusco
02.12.2020 , 10:49 AM | #99 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

We have passed final testing and will be deploying tomorrow! Dan will be updating maintenance timing in a bit but expect downtime tomorrow morning to push out 6.1.

Thanks all.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

fushnchips
02.12.2020 , 10:51 AM | #100
Are you going to fix the SOA bug when you walk in the boss room it just pulls the boss ?
Pineapple on Pizza for life

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend